Windows 10: Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

Discus and support Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by airpix, Jan 31, 2019.

1. airpix Win User

Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying to decipher which I've already viewed, etc. Any help would be much appreciated. John

:)

airpix, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read" Outlook-Move-Deleted-Items.png

Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read" Outlook-IMAP-Unsubscribe.png

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Steven Win User

Deleting emails in Windows Mail does not delete emails across all mail clients?

You likely configured the Mail app using POP (incoming server: pop.gmail.com) which simply copies your messages from Gmail.

Instead use IMAP (incoming server : imap.gmail.com) where messages are synced in real time.

Steven, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read" - Similar Threads - Outlook Mail changing

2. Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  3. Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read"

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  4. not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail: Mail is sending out mail but not receiving any mail, any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-receiving-incoming-email-in-the-windows-mail/6939a04c-ef0b-4348-adf9-7c2c6bc5ae41
  5. Outlook Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Mail: WHY DO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES FOR ME AS A CONTACT POP UP IE, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. i CANNOT REMOVE THE OLD ALIUS OR ANYONE ELSE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-mail/af05a55e-f3fd-44cd-8354-f8efee789ce0
  6. Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message?: {I did post to the correct section but didn't receive a reply so far} Hi, Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Mail for Windows 10 shows only in part, are aligned way to the right of...
  7. Losing Incoming E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Losing Incoming E-Mail: I use Outlook 2016 as my e-mail program and it has always worked great. A few days ago I noticed that I was not getting some e-mail that had been sent to me. I know this because the e-mail was sent to a group. I had one of the group members forward the e-mail to me. I checked...
  8. Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message?: Hi, Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Outlook and Mail for Windows 10 shows only in part, are aligned way to the right of the screen, and so cannot be viewed in full. Any work...
  9. Text messaging. Synchronize my incoming messages to my other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text messaging. Synchronize my incoming messages to my other devices: Suppose its more of a rant than a how to. The messaging runs part of my business or certainly makes it run smoother with various employees texting various instructions through out the day. Various times of course Skype never delivered all my instructions so I end up being...
  10. Outlook 2016 Incoming Email Message Header Layout

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Incoming Email Message Header Layout: I would like to modify the header part of received mails in Outlook 2016, i.e. the bit above the actual message which details sender, recipient, subject, date, etc. I presume it can be done by editing something like a template, but I can't find how to do it. Plenty of...