Windows 10: Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

Discus and support Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by airpix, Jan 31, 2019.

1. airpix Win User

Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying to decipher which I've already viewed, etc. Any help would be much appreciated. John

:)

airpix, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read" Outlook-Move-Deleted-Items.png

Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read" Outlook-IMAP-Unsubscribe.png

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Steven Win User

Deleting emails in Windows Mail does not delete emails across all mail clients?

You likely configured the Mail app using POP (incoming server: pop.gmail.com) which simply copies your messages from Gmail.

Instead use IMAP (incoming server : imap.gmail.com) where messages are synced in real time.

Steven, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read" - Similar Threads - Outlook Mail changing

2. No incoming Mail app alerts for Outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No incoming Mail app alerts for Outlook account: Since July's update I'm not receiving mail alerts anymore for my Outlook account when the Mail app is closed. The moment I open the app all alerts flows in. My Gmail account in the very same app is working fine.I'm using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.2134What I tried:-...
  3. No incoming Mail app alerts for Outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No incoming Mail app alerts for Outlook account: Since July's update I'm not receiving mail alerts anymore for my Outlook account when the Mail app is closed. The moment I open the app all alerts flows in. My Gmail account in the very same app is working fine.I'm using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.2134What I tried:-...
  4. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  5. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  6. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  7. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  8. Office 2010, Outlook: Incoming mail now coming into 'Deleted' mail box

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010, Outlook: Incoming mail now coming into 'Deleted' mail box: Windows 10, 64 bit, version 20H2, build 19402.630. I understand that Microsoft has dropped support for Office 2010 which I still have on my computer. After all these years of having no issues, for the past several days all incoming emails are going to the 'deleted' mailbox....
  9. Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  10. Outlook 2016 Incoming Email Message Header Layout

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Incoming Email Message Header Layout: I would like to modify the header part of received mails in Outlook 2016, i.e. the bit above the actual message which details sender, recipient, subject, date, etc. I presume it can be done by editing something like a template, but I can't find how to do it. Plenty of...