Windows 10: Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read"

Discus and support Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by airpix, Jan 31, 2019.

1. airpix Win User

Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read"

When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying to decipher which I've already viewed, etc. Any help would be much appreciated. John

:)

airpix, Jan 31, 2019
  2. ndriqa Win User

Windows 10 Mail not marking emails as read

1. Go to mail app, Setting > Reading Pane > "Mark item as read" section.
    2. There you can select how you want the mail app to know when any mail is read, either by:
      • marking it as read on selection change, or
      • marking it as read if mail is viewed by more than 5 (or any) seconds

ndriqa, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 31, 2019
  4. JON
    Jon Win User

Windows 10 Mail not marking emails as read

I have just set up windows 10 mail to use both my gmail and yahoo mail accounts. However, when I look at an email in the Mail app, it does not mark them as read (for either account).

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Thema:

1. Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read" - Similar Threads - Outlook Mail marking

2. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  3. Mail app for Windows 10 not marking emails as read if they were read in a different email...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app for Windows 10 not marking emails as read if they were read in a different email...: Hello, If I check my email messages on my phone and read them, when I open up Mail for Windows 10 on my PC, it doesn't recognize that I've already read the emails elsewhere. As a result, I show as having thousands of unread email messages in Mail for Windows 10 even though...
  4. Outlook New Mail and Reply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook New Mail and Reply: Cant see the text I have typed in Outlook New Mail and when I reply to another email, each template has a small character top left hand corner that I cant see what it is and cant delete no matter what I try!! Do I need to reinstall Outlook and how do I do this?...
  5. Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  6. Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  7. Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails: Hi, outlook 365 is automatically deleting my 'read' emails. I cannot find any setting to stop this from happening. I have read other threads which say to 'go to view - current view - view all emails' however the 'view all emails' option doesn't exist. The only options I have...
  8. Outlook - new way of marking unread mail - coming up

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - new way of marking unread mail - coming up: Below seems to be a feature that will be coming up soon. It marks unread mail with a vertical blue bar. As a result it increases the line spacing. Not sure I will be happy about it and hopefully it can be disabled. As for me: unread mail marked in bold is good enough....
  9. Outlook 2010 Mark All As Read Error

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Mark All As Read Error: I just bought a new Windows 10 machine (HP Envy) and I'm running Outlook 2010. When I select multiple e-mails (Shift, select top e-mail, select bottom e-mail) it correctly highlights all e-mails. Then when I right click and select "Mark as Read" it removes the highlight from...
  10. Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'?: Like it says in the title. If such functionality exists, I can't find it. Also, is there a way to check all the items in a folder for a bulk action? Seems like you have to check them one by one - ugh. 7479