Windows 10: Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) Offline files location

Discus and support Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) Offline files location in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Outlook Mail can be used offline and it stores files for the Inbox and Drafts and other folders some where. Anyone know where? 43160 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tracit99, Mar 5, 2016.

1. tracit99 Win User

Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) Offline files location

Outlook Mail can be used offline and it stores files for the Inbox and Drafts and other folders some where. Anyone know where?

:)

tracit99, Mar 5, 2016

2. Outlook 13 with windows 19

Try the following:

Recreate an offline Outlook Data File (.ost)

Some account types, such as Microsoft Exchange Server, use an offline Outlook Data File (.ost). This type of data file is a copy of information saved on your mail server. If you encounter problems with an offline Outlook Data File (.ost), the file can be deleted
    and recreated by downloading a copy of your items again. We don't recommend repairing an offline Outlook Data File, so if your offline data file isn't usable, you should recreate it.

Exit Outlook.

Open Control Panel, and in the Search Control Panel box, type Mail, and then choose Mail.

In the Mail Setup dialog box, choose E-mail Accounts.

Note: The title bar of the Mail Setup dialog box may contain the name of the current profile. To select a different existing profile, choose Show Profiles, select the profile name, and then choose Properties.

Choose the Data Files tab, select the Exchange account, and then choose Open File Location on the mini toolbar.

Note: A File Explorer window opens to the location of the data file for the Exchange account. The Account Settings and Mail Setup dialog boxes will remain open, behind the File Explorer window.

Close the Account Settings and the Mail Setup dialog boxes, and then return to the File Explorer window.

Important: Make sure you close these two dialog boxes before you delete the file. If they aren't closed, Windows may display an error message about a conflict.

In the File Explorer window, right-click the Exchange data file, and then choose Delete.

Note: The next time you start Outlook, a new .ost file is created for the account.

Source:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

tamara_sadel, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Outlook Sync problems with WP8

Thanks for the reply Todd!

Setting the hotmail account as default doesnt set its calendar as outlook's default. It requires to set the hotmail account's data file as default. Now when I do that I get the following error. On OK it doesnt do anything.

---------------------------

Mail Delivery Location

The selected Outlook data file (.pst) format cannot be used. Outlook data files (.pst) must use the same format as offline Outlook data files (.ost). Select a matching Outlook data file (.pst) or turn off cache mode in the Account Settings.

OK

EK Selvaraj, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) Offline files location

1. Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) Offline files location - Similar Threads - Outlook Mail Outlook

2. Import Outlook mail files into Mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import Outlook mail files into Mail.: Computer failed with MS 10 running Office 2010 and Outlook. Some of the Outlook mail files are backed up. I want to import the emails into my MS 10 Mail program. I see no means. Is it possible? Who knows how to do this? Thank you....
  3. Import Outlook mail files into Mail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import Outlook mail files into Mail.: Computer failed with MS 10 running Office 2010 and Outlook. Some of the Outlook mail files are backed up. I want to import the emails into my MS 10 Mail program. I see no means. Is it possible? Who knows how to do this? Thank you....
  4. Outlook mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook mail: I tried to change my password on Outlook. They only give me an option as "text" with my last two numbers as my home phone no. I do not have text. When I put the last four digits in for my phone no. where it says text I don't get a verification code. I don't have text...
  5. outlook mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook mail: I can no longer open links in email that i have recieved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail/29ee560a-019a-4a59-9525-ce2495827b7a
  6. Outlook Mail

Outlook Mail: WHY DO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES FOR ME AS A CONTACT POP UP IE, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. i CANNOT REMOVE THE OLD ALIUS OR ANYONE ELSE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-mail/af05a55e-f3fd-44cd-8354-f8efee789ce0
  7. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  8. Outlook Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail: I use msn.com as my homepage and the outlook that comes with it Today when I opened the email my screen separated into two exact separate parts. What happened ?????????????????? 91231
  9. Outlook Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail: I don't know how but this past week every email is preceded with a round colored circle with the first letter of the email sender. How do I eliminate this item Thanks 89733
  10. Outlook mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook mail: I don't know how this happened but today all my emails were preceded by a small circle with a letter inside. If I received an email from Verizon the circle would contain the letter V. Thanks 85139