Windows 10: Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) - taking over 2min to open

Discus and support Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) - taking over 2min to open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What used to be 'Outlook.com', the online version, recently changed its name to Outlook Mail. I have used this for some time now with very few real... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pdoth, Nov 16, 2017.

1. pdoth Win User

Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) - taking over 2min to open

What used to be 'Outlook.com', the online version, recently changed its name to Outlook Mail. I have used this for some time now with very few real problems. However, approx 2 weeks ago when I try to open this app 'half' the GUI opens but the mail preview (new or old) takes over 2 min to respond.

During this time the whole pc seems to freeze. In the bottom left corner a message shows: 'Transferring data from r4.res.outlook365.com'. It seems to be in a loop. Eventually the prog opens as normal and I can use it as before.

If I close it then open it again, the same thing happens, at least 2 min before I can use it. I have tried deleting the link and re-installing.......... no difference.

Is anybody else suffering this same problem or, has anybody else found a solution?

:)

pdoth, Nov 16, 2017

2. Unable to sync email & computer speed

error code:0x85050041

unable to received mail & also after the update, my computer - Lenovo ideapad 300 speed is like takeing almost to 2min to open a file.

YongRosalind, Nov 16, 2017
  3. mlg63 Win User
    How Do I Delete Windows Mail

And open MS Outlook 2016 on the desktop just like before instead of using the Mail App. Don't use the Mail App with Office Outlook 2016. The Mail App is better used for free web mail like Hotmail--now called Outlook.com, Yahoo, etc.

Outlook.com is not related to Office's Outlook, just a bad recycled app name.

mlg63, Nov 16, 2017
  4. Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) - taking over 2min to open

My Outlook opens instantly but I do not use Office 365. You are paying for that. Send a msg to the Hub.

Josey Wales, Nov 16, 2017
  5. pdoth Win User
    Hi 'Josey',

Many thanks for the reply. I don't pay for 365 either, in fact, it is not, as far as I know even on my PC however, the on-line 'free' version of the email prog, Outlook.mail is. The reference I gave above appears in a small window in the bottom left of the screen. Judging by this it appears that Microsoft are trying to save money by using the same platform as 365 for this free version.

Regarding contacting them about........... tried this, several times now. No response what so ever. Not really surprised, it is FREE so don't expect product support.

I'm really trying to find out if this is only happening to me or, other people as well? There's not a great deal of coverage on the web about it so its either new or, it is just me !

pdoth, Nov 16, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Mine opens just fine as well. I haven't used it in a long time and see that there is a beta version of it. So I clicked on it....I must admit I like the new look and feel.

Since this is a browser based email, I would guess that it has something to do with your browser. Use Ccleaner or Wise disk cleaner to clean all junk files and cookies then follow that up with superantispyware.

Plankton, Nov 16, 2017
  7. pdoth Win User
    Thanks 'Plankton'. All worth a go. I just wish Microsoft would step in occasionally and 'lend a hand'.

I'll keep everyone informed of what happens.

pdoth, Nov 16, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

Plankton, Nov 16, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    It has been Outlook Mail for sometime, around 2 years.
    The obvious thing to do is clear out Old Browser temporary files. In IE 11 it's the first 6 entries in Tools > Delete browsing history....

MS do update the website, currently on mine there is "try the Beta" say no to that one, unless you want to do the job for them.

Both of my Outlook Mail accounts work OK.

Helmut, Nov 16, 2017
  10. pdoth Win User
    Great stuff guys most appreciated. Will be trying both suggestions today and will get back with results.

pdoth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) - taking over 2min to open - Similar Threads - Outlook Mail Outlook

2. Outlook mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook mail: I tried to change my password on Outlook. They only give me an option as "text" with my last two numbers as my home phone no. I do not have text. When I put the last four digits in for my phone no. where it says text I don't get a verification code. I don't have text...
  3. Outlook Mail won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook Mail won't open: The last few days, the application does not open on my laptop, I restarted the app twice to see if the problem was solved but nothing. Any solution?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-wont-open/83db6c02-c062-4282-b220-308f0db0fbf9
  4. Outlook and Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and Mail: I wanted to learn about the differences between Microsoft Outlook and the built-in mail app for Windows. I prefer the look and feel of the built-in mail app, but I really appreciate the fact that Outlook contains both the mail and calendar applications. Is there a way to make...
  5. outlook mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook mail: I can no longer open links in email that i have recieved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail/29ee560a-019a-4a59-9525-ce2495827b7a
  6. Outlook Mail

Outlook Mail: WHY DO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES FOR ME AS A CONTACT POP UP IE, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. i CANNOT REMOVE THE OLD ALIUS OR ANYONE ELSE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-mail/af05a55e-f3fd-44cd-8354-f8efee789ce0
  7. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  8. Outlook Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail: I use msn.com as my homepage and the outlook that comes with it Today when I opened the email my screen separated into two exact separate parts. What happened ?????????????????? 91231
  9. Outlook Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail: I don't know how but this past week every email is preceded with a round colored circle with the first letter of the email sender. How do I eliminate this item Thanks 89733
  10. Outlook mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook mail: I don't know how this happened but today all my emails were preceded by a small circle with a letter inside. If I received an email from Verizon the circle would contain the letter V. Thanks 85139