Windows 10: Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again

Discus and support Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi folks For those having difficulty with Manual set up of email accounts on latest updates of Office 2016/2019/365 where those rediculous automated... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Jul 8, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again

Hi folks
    For those having difficulty with Manual set up of email accounts on latest updates of Office 2016/2019/365 where those rediculous automated setup things don't work unless you have very basic type email addresses like gmail etc

then just as a reminder -- 2 ways to do it "The old fashioned way" with sensible manual settings.

1) Via Control panel -- there will be an applet (Mail Microsoft outlook 2016) -- will be called that regardless of whether 2016/2019 or office/365 is installed

or

2) From the run command (Win+R) type: outlook.exe /manageprofiles

Either of these methods bring back the old "Classical setup screens" again.

Ussing the run command (i.e not via control panel) you get : (from Outlook 2019 which is what I'm using)

Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 8, 2019
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jul 8, 2019
  3. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Jul 8, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again - Similar Threads - Outlook manual email

2. Outlook email account settings out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook email account settings out of date.: outlook email setting out of date windows mobile 10. long standing issue which I cant find the answer to. This started last month on my device, I have tried many attempted fixes time date reset devise hard reset, delete account re add etc. Laptop and android device working as...
  3. Outlook email account settings out of date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook email account settings out of date.: outlook email setting out of date windows mobile 10. long standing issue which I cant find the answer to. This started last month on my device, I have tried many attempted fixes time date reset devise hard reset, delete account re add etc. Laptop and android device working as...
  4. Outlook Email Account Settings

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Email Account Settings: Hello Forum, I'm preparing to clean install Win 10. I'm trying to collect account settings so that I can quickly reinstall my Outlook email accounts. I've got a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription. I've checked my Outlook account settings, and I don't see the email setup...
  5. Email. Outlook account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email. Outlook account: Hello I have just clicked on my mail icon and the mail opened as per usual then suddenly disappeared and I had to click again and the same thing is happening .It opens then goes back to my desktop screen. The mail will not stay open. Can anyone help...
  6. Setting up Charter email in Outlook

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setting up Charter email in Outlook: I cannot get my Charter email account set up in Outlook. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-charter-email-in-outlook/430d443e-1ae0-4826-9ca1-3a8c4671906f"
  7. Set up new email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up new email account: I'm trying to set up a new email account but it keeps telling me my Shawmail account setting are out of date. I have checked my password and security certificate and both are as they should be???...
  8. Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus

Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus: Hi Ms Please can you restore the old Manual set up menus for email accounts - or at least make the functionality of the new one (where you can click set up manually but nothing happens unless you enter an email address and then it goes bonkers if it can't do it...
  9. Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more: Hi there This really is a show stopper -- Outlook 2016 after latest update - I can't enter manual settings to create new email accounts -- the whole thing has been "Dummified" to use dropdowns, This might be OK for people who fit standard basic needs such as just using...
  10. Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually

Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually: Hi folks I really am getting p***ed o*f with these 1-click installs or automatic config stuff Latest update from Outlook 2016 "appears" to allow you to set up account manually - but there's no other option on the screen other than connect and then it fails even if you...