Windows 10: Outlook & MS Office generally

Discus and support Outlook & MS Office generally in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Outlook app on my laptop is doing weird things! The email doesn't display in the preview panel or does display in an unreadable format. Some text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TJPUK, Jan 10, 2019.

1. TJPUK Win User

Outlook & MS Office generally

The Outlook app on my laptop is doing weird things! The email doesn't display in the preview panel or does display in an unreadable format. Some text is missing from the list panel. I'm having to revert to using the online version. I am constantly getting 'xxx is not responding' across all MS Office apps. It does eventually respond but can take up to 5 minutes. Also the screen text for Edge has changed to very small. I've always used standard settings but now everything has shrunk and it keeps replacing my pinned top sites.

I did a complete refresh a couple of days ago, re-installed MS Office and some extensions and all has been well. Last night there were MS updates installed and today the problems have started again. Started off okay this morning but as the day has gone on it has been playing up again. I've shut down and rebooted and all is okay for now.

Any ideas on how I can fix it?

:)

TJPUK, Jan 10, 2019
  2. fmonte Win User

Please help transferring MS Office Outlook 2003 files to Office 2000

My old machine with all my email and contacts has MS Office 2003 pre-loaded on it. I just got a new machine and loaded Office 2000 on it because that are the disks that I have. I can't afford to buy the new Office so I am wondering if it is possible to transfer from 2003 to 2000? Thank you. Frank

I thought I had it figured out when I found this website but when I go through the steps and bring the folder over to the office 2000 machine, it says wrong format. Does anyone have an easier way?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...319871033.aspx

fmonte, Jan 10, 2019
  3. MS Office 2007 Outlook

• Locate Outlook.exe.
    • Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
    • Right-click Outlook.exe, and then click Properties.
    • On the Compatibility tab, click to clear the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box.
    • Click OK.
    • Start Outlook.

Pocket PC Mauritius http://PocketpcMauritius.blogspot.com/ http://PPCMUDownloads.blogspot.com/

Linley Meslier, Jan 10, 2019
  4. NIW3 Win User

Windows 10 reset: MS Office and Outlook gone after Windows reset

PC would not boot. Windows Repair and System Restore would not work so did a Windows 10 Reset. Now all MS Office and Outlook apps are missing. An .html file was created on my desktop named "Removed Apps". Third party apps like "iTunes" are listed but
    Office and Outlook are NOT listed as removed apps. Searched C: drive for *.ost, *.pst and *.pab file names but found nothing.

Are Office and Outlook gone? Is my email gone? It was stated that a System Reset would NOT remove this data.

Thema:

1. Outlook & MS Office generally - Similar Threads - Outlook Office generally

2. A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013: The laptop I use for work has an MS Office 2013 Professional , where I used to rely heavily on MS Outlook as my email app of choice , around late 2018 and all gmail accounts I store in outlook keep failing to log and on loading them in a web browser they do tend to hint they...
  3. Outlook (MS Office 2019) printing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook (MS Office 2019) printing: Hello I am using Outlook (MS Office 2019). As the responses to an email progress, the text of each previous response shifts to the right (see image below). This makes it very difficult to read the original message. I "Recall" this email, "selected all" text, open "paragraph...
  4. MS Office/Outlook 2016 Pro Plus

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office/Outlook 2016 Pro Plus: I recently installed MS Office Pro 2016 mainly so I could use Outlook 2016 as my default email along with Yahoo. However, when I click on anything in a message I get: "Your Organizations Policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more information...
  5. Outlook Office

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Office: Hello I have 2 MS Outlook (office) accounts. When I open Outlook, one account always opens, I think this must be the default account, how do I change it''s not the defaut account? Also, I'm missing the menu bar, in Outlook, when I click on the "ribbon dispaly options"...
  6. Outlook Email popup notifications MS Office Professional 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Email popup notifications MS Office Professional 2016: Is it possible to set up a notification in Outlook which pops up and persists until the user dismisses it. The notification would popup when an email arrives with a particular subject or from a specific user. 117734
  7. MS Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook: Hi All, After the e-mail from MS telling me to apply the patch to WLM that broke it, I decided to try out MS Outlook. It came with MS office 2013. I have 2 E-mail accounts, 1 is with Hotmail.com, and the other is with Gmail.com Both are working just fine, with 1...
  8. Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour

Where is the facility for changing general MS Office background colour: Before W10 I could go into the area now called 'Personalize' and after rummaging around I could find an 'Advanced' button that took me to a screen where I could use a colour palette to change the default background colour of documents and it would apply to Outlook, Excel,...
  9. MS Office Outlook 2007 Slow on W10

MS Office Outlook 2007 Slow on W10: Going from W7 to W10 with MS Outlook is really dragging. Anyone else? 43077
  10. Is MS office 2010 outlook compatible with windows 10

Is MS office 2010 outlook compatible with windows 10: Hi I'm using Microsoft office 2010 outlook wit windows 10... I find that windows 10 keeps changing my settings i.e. when I uncheck the box in an email account in outlook 10... it changes back after next boot... I uncheck leave on server so it is removed and I don't receive...