Windows 10: Outlook not getting new email

Discus and support Outlook not getting new email in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there Check that in the account settings for your email (per account) go to the send mail server settings -->advanced and enter inbox for the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook not getting new email

Hi there

Check that in the account settings for your email (per account) go to the send mail server settings -->advanced and enter inbox for the root folder. This should then make all emails visible again.

I'm using IMAP (who bothers with POP3 these days).

Check also the data files are OK -- do that also in the repair accounts settings.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
  2. cfourkays Win User

Office 365 Outlook had bee3n working OK.
    Now does not check or show any emails. Appears to be working correctly, no error messages.
    Click on "Send and Receive.." shows the "1 0f 2 tasks Completed successfully". Underneath that is " Synchronizing subscribed folders for....." "Processing" as the green bar runs then it disappears. At times, the new emails do download but this seems to be random.

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Apr 21, 2018
  3. When sending emails cannot get Outlook to let me browse in Contacts for email addresses

Have new laptop with Outlook 2016. When sending emails I cannot get Outlook to browse my Contacts file for email addresses

AnthonyVlahides, Apr 21, 2018
  4. TheBrenda Win User

Notification always chooses the wrong email account

I have two email accounts. One is "Outlook" and it sync with my desktop Outlook. The other is "Bellsouth" which is a pop3 and it checks for new mail during the day. When I get a new email notification, if I click on the button it always takes me to the
    Outlook Inbox. Well .... the new email is always in the Bellsouth Inbox. How can I get the notificaiton button or area to open the Bellsouth inbox by default?

TheBrenda, Apr 21, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Does your ISP provide Webmail [most do] and have you used your Browser to log in and check your messages there? It's a good diagnostic to try narrowing down where the issue may be.

Berton, Apr 21, 2018
  6. cfourkays Win User
    Hi Berton

Running W-10 Latest Insider Preview, Comcast ISP.
    Yes, can access mail on all 4 browsers. *sarc

This just started a day ago so I checked any updates that were done and there's nothing there.
    I have same email on laptop also using Office 365 Outlook with no problem.
    Tried the Outlook Repair Tool and got a wonderful doesn't support my gmail.

cfourkays, Apr 21, 2018
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    Sounds like your OST files have become corrupted simply delete them and a restart Outlook they should rebuild themselves and start working again.

Clintlgm, Apr 21, 2018
  8. cfourkays Win User

I'm using the downloaded Outlook. I have no OST Folder, only an Outlook Data File "petecrane@gmail.com.ost

Do I want to delete that?????

cfourkays, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook not getting new email - Similar Threads - Outlook getting email

2. New Outlook Email Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Outlook Email Issues: My pc continues to turn on the new Microsoft Outlook. Unfortunately, I have save prior emails in my File Explorer , .msg files. When I am on the new version of Microsoft Outlook, it cannot read my .msg files that I have saved. I received an error saying unable to open and...
  3. New Outlook Email Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook Email Issues: My pc continues to turn on the new Microsoft Outlook. Unfortunately, I have save prior emails in my File Explorer , .msg files. When I am on the new version of Microsoft Outlook, it cannot read my .msg files that I have saved. I received an error saying unable to open and...
  4. New Outlook Email Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. emails no longer come into New Outlook but do in Old outlook

emails no longer come into New Outlook but do in Old outlook: new emails are not coming into the New outlook app. I have two accounts added: my Gmail and my Internet Provider email. They were working I thought however I noticed an Email I know I was following was not found in the app. I could see it on Outlook on my phone and I could...
  6. New Outlook for Windows not loading emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook for Windows not loading emails: Hello everyoneI have just noticed the "try the new outlook" deature on the Mail app of Windows 11. So I decided to try it. When switching to the new outlook, I had to verify all accounts once over. I have 5 Gmail accounts, 1 Yahoo account and 1 outlook.com account. All...
  7. New Outlook for Windows not loading emails

New Outlook for Windows not loading emails: Hello everyoneI have just noticed the "try the new outlook" deature on the Mail app of Windows 11. So I decided to try it. When switching to the new outlook, I had to verify all accounts once over. I have 5 Gmail accounts, 1 Yahoo account and 1 outlook.com account. All...
  8. Outlook inbox is not displaying new emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook inbox is not displaying new emails: Hello,Since a few days ago our outlook is not automatically displaying new emails in out inbox. We have the version 1.2023.118.100 and did not make any updates or change any settings. Now the only way for us to receive new messages is to close and reopen outlook or click on...
  9. Outlook inbox is not displaying new emails

Outlook inbox is not displaying new emails: Hello,Since a few days ago our outlook is not automatically displaying new emails in out inbox. We have the version 1.2023.118.100 and did not make any updates or change any settings. Now the only way for us to receive new messages is to close and reopen outlook or click on...
  10. Cannot update Outlook with new email.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot update Outlook with new email.: Outlook updated seven days ago. Nothing since. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-outlook-with-new-email/93a7b27e-875a-40d2-bb58-1fa2c4af3a6d