Windows 10: Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

Discus and support Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is it with EVERY update Microsoft can't seem to get it right?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mbrie1, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Mbrie1 Win User

Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

Why is it with EVERY update Microsoft can't seem to get it right?

:)

Mbrie1, Oct 22, 2020

2. Passwords for mail accounts and OneDrive not saved over Restarts after applying Windows 10 update 2004

Hi, ever since applying Windows 10 update 2004, with every boot of my PC, I have to supply passwords for:

• all of my email accounts (4 gmail and one pop server) when Outlook starts
    • OneDrive
    • Microsoft account
    This was not the case before update 2004. I would boot the PC and upon logging back into my account, I would not be prompted for any passwords. All of my email would work when Outlook came up as did OneDrive. It seems like these passwords are no longer
    saved.

I am considering backing out update 2004, but thought that I would check with this forum, in case there is another solution. Thanks....Grant

GrantHarders, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

Since Windows 10 update 2004 loaded onto my PC, outlook 2010 will not store passwords for POP and Imap email accounts. I have to re-enter after every reboot. The password is cleared from the account settings user info page. On starting outlook it prompts
    for each password. I then have to go into account settings to set them there else I would have to re-input every time I restart outlook never mind the reboot. It would seem the the update also cleared any cached passwords to other websites as well. Those I
    have restored OK.

Remember password is set in the account settings, I've tried creating a new profile, I've disabled all addins. Now run out of ideas!

IanWalker7, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

How to set up password to start Outlook 2010?

Hi people. I'm new to outlook 2010. Is there any way I can set up a password to start Outlook 10 in my laptop?

Jayzilla, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004 - Similar Threads - Outlook saving passwords

2. Passwords not being saved after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Passwords not being saved after Windows 10 update: Last week my computer performed an automatic update. After the update i found that my passwords are no longer available, or being saved in the Credentials Manager. I have tried a number of things including changing the access rights to the "valt" and even deleting the...
  3. Issue with Outlook after upgrade to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Outlook after upgrade to Windows 10 2004: When I running Outlook after upgrade to Windows 10 2004 I got the following message [ATTACH] and the status of wi-fi connection is without Internet though Internet is working at my laptop[ATTACH] I turned off IPV6 in settings of my wi-fi adapter but it helped just once and...
  4. Outlook 2019 forgets passwords immediately after Windows 10 update to version 2004.

Outlook 2019 forgets passwords immediately after Windows 10 update to version 2004.: Hello, I was prompted to update my well working Windows 10 System to version 2004 in August 2020. Immediately after the update I started having continuous problems: - I am asked to fix my Microsoft accounts every couple of days; When I enter the password to the Microsoft...
  5. Windows 10 - update 2004 - not remembering passwords after reboot

Windows 10 - update 2004 - not remembering passwords after reboot: Hi All, It is becoming rather annoying having to re-enter all my passwords after reboot every time. I installed update 2004 on all my network machines. One machine, which happens to be my development machine, will not remember any password after reboot. After reboot, I have...
  6. Passwords Not Saving Ever After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Passwords Not Saving Ever After Windows Update: After my most recent Windows update which occurred earlier this week and was mandatory, my pc no longer saves any passwords after it is shut down and restarted. This despite me always clicking the "remember my password" box each time. This has never happened before. Other...
  7. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook asking for password after 2004 update: I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for...
  8. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004: Since Windows 10 update 2004 loaded onto my PC, outlook 2010 will not store passwords for POP and Imap email accounts. I have to re-enter after every reboot. The password is cleared from the account settings user info page. On starting outlook it prompts for each password....
  9. Is Anyone Experiecing Edge Removing Saved Passwords After 2004 Update?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Anyone Experiecing Edge Removing Saved Passwords After 2004 Update?: Hello, When I upgraded to Win 10 Version 2004 on the 9th I noticed that my Edge Chromium Browser's saved passwords had been removed. I imported them again from my default Firefox browser which did so with no problem. If I wake my computer from sleep or restart it the saved...
  10. Saving Passwords and User names after Windows 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saving Passwords and User names after Windows 10 update: Since updating to Windows 10, my browsers save all user names and passwords even though I don;t tell it to. I want us/pws saved so I don't want to turn off that function. But I also don;t want to see credit card and pw info on my computer that I would never save. What a...