Windows 10: Outlook Notifications not showing because of Windows 10 Notification Center

Discus and support Outlook Notifications not showing because of Windows 10 Notification Center in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I want to have Outlook New Email Notification banner displaying, without the Notification showing via the Windows 10 Notification Center. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkyBa, Jun 24, 2019.

1. MarkyBa Win User

Outlook Notifications not showing because of Windows 10 Notification Center

Hi,

I want to have Outlook New Email Notification banner displaying, without the Notification showing via the Windows 10 Notification Center.

I have gone to Outlook Mail Settings and enabled the Notification Banner.

And in Windows Notifications Center Settings, I have:

- Notifications for Outlook set to Yes

- Show Notifications Banner to to No

But still I am not able to get the Outlook New Email Notification.

If I set Show Notifications Banner to to Yes, the New Email Notification comes via the Windows 10 Notification Center, and not via Outlook.

Can you advise what the right combination of settings should be to allow me to get the Outlook New Email Notification, without getting the Windows 10 Notification Center banner?

My reason for asking this is because the Outlook New Email Notification banner has additional actions included on it, like Delete and Flag, whereas all I can do with the Windows 10 Notification Center banner is wait for it to disappear or send it to the Action Center.

Regards

Mark

:)

MarkyBa, Jun 24, 2019
  2. moondoggy Win User

Windows Notification Center not showing Email Notifications

Since the original release of Windows 10 I've had a periodic problem with the Windows Notification icon in the system tray.

I use Outlook 2010 as my email client however I have the built in Windows mail client set up so that I can received email notifications as I like to quickly look at the icon to see of there are notifications and to quickly scan the email subject to determine if I need to sit down and actually open outlook and download my email.

What happens periodically is that the notifications simply quit showing up. I have checked the notification center and Email appears on the list and is turned on. I have also went to the settings for the mail application and have found that notifications are turned on. That being said, a few minutes ago I I clicked on the mail application and there were 4 emails in the list however there wasn't a single notification showing up within the notification icon.

Now each and every time the notifications quite showing up something happens to trigger their return but thus far I have not been able to determine what it is that gets turned off and what it is that mysteriously turns it back on. It seems to me this has something to do with how frequently Windows is polling my email providers server for changes but that's just a thought as to what the issue is. Has anyone else seen this behavior and been able to determine what the issue is and how to fix it? Thanks.

moondoggy, Jun 24, 2019
  3. CharlieRB Win User
    Outlook Notifications appear after a delay

Turning on notification in Outlook does not guarantee Windows 10 will honor them. So, you have to ensure Windows 10 notification settings are set to allow notifications from the application (they may be in the Action Center, but not displayed on the Desktop).

If you already have Outlook configured to display the desktop alert, then follow these steps to configure Windows.

1. In the Action Center (in the bottom right corner, next to your time)
      click on All Settings. An alternative method to open the Settings
      app would be to open the Start Menu and then click on Settings.
    2. Click on: System.
    3. From the panel on the left select: Notifications & Actions.
    4. In the “Show notifications from these apps” section at the bottom,
      click on
      Outlook. (If Outlook isn’t listed, you haven’t received a new message yet so Outlook isn’t registered yet as an app that receives
      notifications. Simply send yourself a test message in that case and
      reopen the Settings app.
      Also note that you must be using Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 as Outlook 2010 and previous have their own notifications which do not
      integrates with Windows 10)

5. Make sure that you have enabled all notification options.
    6. Close Settings.

You may or may not need to restart Outlook.

Source - Not getting New Email Alerts on Windows 10

If this doesn't fix the issue, you may need to perform a repair install of Office.

CharlieRB, Jun 24, 2019
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Windows Notification Center not showing Email Notifications

If you don't see 'Mail' listed in Background Apps, one thing you could try is resetting the Mail app in order to make it become visible in the Background Apps section. Obviously, I haven't found out yet whether or not this fixes the issue, but it could be possible that when the Mail app isn't running or suspended, it needs to be able to run background processes in order for new email notifications to be displayed.

To reset the Mail app, go to Windows Settings > System > Apps & Features > Mail and Calendar > Advanced Options > Reset. Then reboot PC.

Outlook Notifications not showing because of Windows 10 Notification Center [​IMG]

Tutorial here:
    App - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Back-up any emails that are only stored locally in the mail app, I.E. Not stored on a mail server or in your Outlook 2010 pst file.

You may need to press the reset button twice if at first it comes up with an error in red writing saying that the app couldn't be reset.

This will remove everything, reset the Mail And Calendar apps back to default factory settings and will need to be setup again (including re-enabling Notifications in the Mail App Settings).

Outlook Notifications not showing because of Windows 10 Notification Center [​IMG]

Mail will then be listed under Background Apps. However, I noticed that Calendar then disappears from the Background Apps section instead. I'm not entirely sure whether this is normal or whether I should be banging my head against the desk... *Confused

ARC1020, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook Notifications not showing because of Windows 10 Notification Center - Similar Threads - Outlook Notifications showing

2. notification center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  3. notification center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  4. Notifications not showing in Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications not showing in Action Center: I have applications that are showing notification banners but never show up in the Action Center even though I have it enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-showing-in-action-center/8532d504-e5ee-45c4-ae25-6a6b80f04f17
  5. Stop Outlook notifications in Action Center?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Outlook notifications in Action Center?: Is there any way to prevent Outlook from putting a notification in Action Center every time I get an email? I still want the pop up, but I don't want a whole list of emails in there. I tried unchecking "Show notifications in Action Center" for Outlook in Notification...
  6. Action center not showing notifications

Action center not showing notifications: Basically I get notification bubbles but when I open action center, there are no notifications. For example, if I turn off Windows defender, I get notification popup like in first picture. But when I open it, there is nothing. The popup icon clears after wards as if I...
  7. Notifications not showing in action center

Notifications not showing in action center: Notifications not showing in action center, it shows the number of notifications I have and they show pop ups. But when I click the notification button its empty. Doing a reboot makes them all show up for a while but it's really annoying that I have to do this so often. Any...
  8. Notification Center

Notification Center: Hello, today i switched off my DiscordPTB app on no notification for trying some assets cause i don't know why even i got everything my discord dont send me notification. By the way when i switched on OFF i can't put on ON cause u can see on the screen is unselectable...can...
  9. Action Center not showing notifications

Action Center not showing notifications: Action Center shows that I have notifications. However, when I open the Action Center there are no notifications; notifications not showing. This problem started after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 which was installed on 10/2. I tried these suggestions...
  10. Windows Notification Center not showing Email Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Notification Center not showing Email Notifications: Since the original release of Windows 10 I've had a periodic problem with the Windows Notification icon in the system tray. I use Outlook 2010 as my email client however I have the built in Windows mail client set up so that I can received email notifications as I like to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldnt find notifications for outlook win10