Windows 10: Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS

Discus and support Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Thanks for any and all assistance! Been struggling with this for months! I need to save emails .msg on our server here at work - and ALWAYS get these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amanda in IL, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS

Thanks for any and all assistance! Been struggling with this for months! I need to save emails .msg on our server here at work - and ALWAYS get these messages: pictures below

"Either there is no default mail client of the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client" when trying to open a .msg on our server OR on my local machine

or when trying to copy to my desktop or to server: "The name XXXXXXXXXXX.msg is not valid."

I have repaired via Microsoft Office 365 2x now, have verified that Default Settings are indeed OUTLOOK have included pictures. Not sure if something needs done w/ registry? Cannot find anything online regarding my EXACT registry - so I'm apprehensive to change/modify.

I've uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled several times over the past few months also. Outlook app is also set for default for mail. Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS 80ac5a8f-b324-4f67-828b-82c6e07c303e?upload=true.jpg Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS df24c423-835a-45c6-a3b7-42abf8a4b043?upload=true.jpg

:)

Amanda in IL, Dec 23, 2019

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

I have this issue as well. I am using Office 2010 Home and Business and Outlook 2010 is my mail client. This is a relatively new pc and has Office 365 (2016) installed as well. After a recent Windows Update, my default mail client changed to Outlook 2016
    -- one of my apps that sends mail stopped working, mail profile missing error). When I try to set my default mail client via the UI, only Outlook 2016 is showing; I can't select Outlook 2010.

I uninstalled Office 365 but Outlook 2010 still does not show up in the UI as a default program. Now I need to find out how to change this in the registry.

The OS is Windows 10 Home

ChuckBalogh, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Cannot set Outlook '13 as default mail client in Win10: "Either there is no default mail client or..."

Very aggravating issue on my work machine (Dell Optiplex 5050 - Windows 10 Enterprise x64, build 1803 - Spring Creators Update).

Every time I click as .MSG file I get this error:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

Outlook already is the default email program. Any ideas how to fix this? If it matters, our email server is Exchange 2007.

UPDATE: I have now tried a repair install of Office Pro '13 and deleting this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail\Microsoft Outlook (via MS instructions, albeit very old ones: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-mail-client-or-the-current-mail-client-cann). Neither made a difference.

SamAndrew81, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS

Cannot set Outlook '13 as default mail client in Win10: "Either there is no default mail client or..."

Backup these registry keys with an export first, and then any keys labeled "Microsoft Windows MAPI Preview Handler" delete all or any that may exist in your environment. After this you should reboot the machine immediately before testing just to be thorough.

Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS m7l8r.png

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS

1. Outlook Office 365 errors "NOT DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT" even after verifying that IT IS - Similar Threads - Outlook Office 365

2. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook: Has a solution been found that lets MS tools like the Photos App and the Snip & Sketch App default to Outlook part of my MS Office 365 install rather than native Mail?...
  3. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook: Has a solution been found that lets MS tools like the Photos App and the Snip & Sketch App default to Outlook part of my MS Office 365 install rather than native Mail?...
  4. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OUTLOOK MAIL NOT 365

OUTLOOK MAIL NOT 365: 1 i receive some emails with NO CONTENT body is blank..i cannot fwd or reply to these empty emails. i must go back to my server to retrieve the info. 2 emails sent to people with a YAHOOHOTMAIL email addresses sometimes not "sent" . no problem with other email address....
  6. In Outlook 2019, Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Outlook 2019, Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot...: Any help, please? I just got back from vacation, and started my laptop as normal. Randomly, when I was clicking on the Microsoft store, the text above appeared. I have never used OutLook once, and I'm still not sure exactly why it isn't accepting the Mail app, especially when...
  7. Outlook Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Outlook Office 365: I can't get the visual basic editor to open in Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-office-365/8ccca054-a9e2-40f3-bf74-02a73c6d70a9
  8. Outlook 365 Rules not visible in Default mail account

Outlook 365 Rules not visible in Default mail account: A weird one. Since adding the Icloud add-in to Office 365 my Rules disappeared but still work. The only way in which to create them so that they are still visible is to create them in Outlook while viewing in the Icloud Inbox. This means creating rules and using the...
  9. Outlook in Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook in Office 365: I updated my subscription for Office 365, all apps work fine except Outlook. I keep getting Outlook cannot logon. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft...
  10. Outlook Default Mail Client

Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot