Windows 10: Outlook on Android - contacts

Discus and support Outlook on Android - contacts in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Up front: I am not sure where to post this. I am sorry if it is placed into the wrong section. Am using Office 365 desktop on one side and Outlook on... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Oct 26, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

Outlook on Android - contacts

Up front: I am not sure where to post this. I am sorry if it is placed into the wrong section.

Am using Office 365 desktop on one side and Outlook on Android on my smartphone.
    The contacts within Outlook on desktop have been cleaned up recently.

On the smartphone, when I start entering an email address (e.g. to myself) I see some old, non existing addresses showing up. The contacts there are (very) old.

This morning I noticed that quite a number of 'new' entries have been added to the contacts of Outlook on desktop. within Outlook on desktop. I had to remove them one by one. Obviously this was because contacts were synced.
    I have disabled sync now.

Q: how to manage the contacts within Outlook on Adroid?
    Or is there a way to remove them all and then re-enable sync so the contacts from desktop is being 'imported'.

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Outlook Mail for Android

After more fiddling I decided to use Gmail since I can control the push frequency. I'm using Outlook for contacts and calendar which works provided you designate the Outlook account for contacts and enable synchronisation for contacts.

1. Android GMail app for IMAP accounts, Gmail & Outlook email. Installed Outlook app but only the Microsoft email account is enabled.
    2. Built in Contacts app used linked to Outlook account as default
    3. Android Outlook app used for Calendar and built in Calendar app disabled.

Steve C, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Outlook Mail for Android

After an afternoon of fiddling with my Moto phone, I configured the phone as follows since I mainly use Outlook for contacts and appointments.

1. Android Outlook app for IMAP accounts, Gmail & Outlook email. Built in GMail app disabled.
    2. Built in Contacts app used linked to Outlook account as default (I've no idea why it wouldn't synch to Gmail)
    3. Android Outlook app used for Calendar and built in Calendar app disabled.

All now works fine. I can't find a way of controlling push notification for the Outlook app but at least it all works and synchs.

Steve C, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook on Android - contacts - Similar Threads - Outlook Android contacts

2. trying to import my android contacts with Outlook on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to import my android contacts with Outlook on my PC: I have a Galaxy phone with Link to Windows installed and working latest version. My PC has the latest version of Phone Link.I was told that you could export contacts from Phone Link and import them into Outlook.I was following directions to copy my virginmedia contacts to...
  3. trying to import my android contacts with Outlook on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to import my android contacts with Outlook on my PC: I have a Galaxy phone with Link to Windows installed and working latest version. My PC has the latest version of Phone Link.I was told that you could export contacts from Phone Link and import them into Outlook.I was following directions to copy my virginmedia contacts to...
  4. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  5. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  6. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  7. Outlook Contacts

Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  8. Synchronize contacts Outlook/Google/Android/Windons?

in Browsers and Email
    Synchronize contacts Outlook/Google/Android/Windons?: I'm not one to always assign a new email address when I buy a new phone. since 20 years loyal Microsoft/ with Windows users at xxx@hotmail.com since 10 years loyal Android / with Google services users at xxx@hotmail.com since 1 year i have 2nd mail address at...
  9. App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.: For some years now I’ve been using Companionlink to sync my Calendar and Contacts with my Android device. For the last few years I’ve been using the Outlook app on my Android device and still rely on Companionlink to sync both Calendar and Contacts. Maybe I’m missing...
  10. Contacts in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Outlook: I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683