Windows 10: Outlook on PC won't login to personal account like it used to do

Discus and support Outlook on PC won't login to personal account like it used to do in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 v21h1 Office 365 shared from me when she got a new computer back in March. Everything used to work beautifully. Now using the downloaded... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Fellwalker, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Outlook on PC won't login to personal account like it used to do

Windows 10 v21h1 Office 365 shared from me when she got a new computer back in March. Everything used to work beautifully. Now using the downloaded Outlook programme, she gets "You can't sign in here with a personal account" Then using outlook.com : "it looks like this email address is being used with more than one account from Microsoft. which one do you want to use? work or school or personal" BUT SHE ONLY HAS THE ONE ACCOUNT, WHICH IS PERSONAL. Historically on her old laptop she used Windows LiveMail to access her TalkTalk and Gmail accounts, and had a Windows login account through her "@TalkTalk" email address. That is the account I used to allocate the Office 365 "seat". Using livemail she had many folders into which emails were sorted - but using POP not IMAP so not replicated in her TalkTalk account. Nor were her contacts. You can't get livemail any more and she didn't like windows mail - too fancy and too spread out. So I set up Outlook, imported everything from livemail, and it worked. It also created the folders into her TalkTalk account. Since then she has been happily using Windows, Outlook and syncing through her OneDrive. No problems at all for 4 months. A month ago, when she opened Outlook she got the first message. There is no way to get past this as she has no work or school account. She has to close Outlook which gives a procession of out of memory messagesWhy, after months of working properly? I tried to help her, and to ensure all was well, asked her to log in to live.com in her browser. That gave the second warning about work or school. What has work or school got to do with anything? She is a long retired individual and has never had a work or school account.If she tries to login using the top button (Work or school) it tells her that there is no account associated with that email address! We've tried all of them.As the Microsoft365 manager, I have no option to even see what her account email is! In the Family Sharing page it shows me her name but not the associated email.If she uses the bottom button to login using her personal account, it works.BUT IT WON'T WORK IN OUTLOOK on her computer, as she doesn't get that option.She just wants to login to Outlook on computer using her private account name, like she did on Tuesday and for the past 4 months. NB I am sharing with 2 other family members, and they have had no such issues. What have we tried: Posting on Microsoft community. That offered a "solution" that required being able to login to the Outlook programme which she cannot do.Repaired Office 365.Close Outlook. If I look in C:\Users\<hername>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook it shows me three ".ost" accounts - named for her actual talktalk email which is large, her gmail which is smaller, and the Microsoft account which is very small (there were only ever some test emails in it). Renamed folder to OLDOutlook. Restart Outlook. Fail.Add a new "@outlook" email address to her Microsoft account, and change her primary Microsoft account alias to that (from talktalk). Try again. Fail.Uninstall Office 365. Rename Outlook folder. Restart computer. Download and install Office 365. Try again. Fail.Scream. Didn't really help.Using Office 365 Word or Excel opens them happily into her account.I've even removed her from sharing of Office 365, and reinvited her using her (now primary) "@outlook.com" address. Currently, she is using Firefox to access her emails using webmail. Is there anything reasonable that we can do to fix it so she can reinstall and use Outlook?

:)

Fellwalker, Aug 16, 2021

2. Using non-login Outlook account in Mail?

Is it possible to use a non-login email in the Mail app?

I login to Windows using my personal Outlook/Microsoft account. I'd like to use my blog's Outlook address in the Mail app, so I don't need to use the web interface when replying to emails.

Is this possible without messing up my login account?

(I REALLY need to get a book on Windows 10. LOL)

thecpchick, Aug 16, 2021
  3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook on PC won't login to personal account like it used to do [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Aug 16, 2021
  4. scopio Win User

Outlook on PC won't login to personal account like it used to do

Office 365 Outlook email accounts

The reason I am asking these questions are that two individuals are buying two new laptops and would like to share one Microsoft Office 365 Personal.
    A has a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal already and wants to share the same account with B.
    I have installed Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc B and when launching Outlook all my email accounts from A were loaded. So, I cannot figure out how to install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded.
    This raises more questions for me.
    1. So this
      • User A installs and activates O365 on User B's laptop
      • User B adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
      would not apply to Microsoft Office 365 Personal as it breaches the licence agreement?
    2. Am I correct?
    3. If it does apply how can I install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded, and I can only add B email account on the second pc?
    4. Would B be able to access A OneDrive?
    5. Or would B have a separate 1TB free space in One drive, or only the free 5GB or none at all?
    6. And most importantly is this even legal or in breach of contract as Microsoft Office 365 Personal is for one user only?

scopio, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Outlook on PC won't login to personal account like it used to do

1. Outlook on PC won't login to personal account like it used to do - Similar Threads - Outlook won't login

2. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict personal account login to OneDrive: We use Microsoft 365 and are looking to restrict users on our domain registered devices from linking a personal OneDrive account on their device.Can someone tell me how this is possible, potentially through defender for cloud apps?thanks,Jon...
  3. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restrict personal account login to OneDrive: We use Microsoft 365 and are looking to restrict users on our domain registered devices from linking a personal OneDrive account on their device.Can someone tell me how this is possible, potentially through defender for cloud apps?thanks,Jon...
  4. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change microsoft account used for PC login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change microsoft account used for PC login: Hello,I've two different Microsoft accounts and want to delete 1 of them.My Microsoft app activations e.g. Office2016 Pro are connected to Microsoft account 1.Since I can't transfer these activations to another Microsoft account Is this right ?, I suppose I have to keep...
  6. Two Step Login using Authenticator App for DEVICE WINDOWS login PERSONAL account

Two Step Login using Authenticator App for DEVICE WINDOWS login PERSONAL account: I need to keep a child that constantly slinks around trying to see passwords or PINS off of my PC. I would like to know when my password is used and have the opportunity to deny via the Authenticator app OR for her to be required to put in the passcode generated by the...
  7. Personal PC Account is now on Work PC with all my personal MS login and Office 365...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personal PC Account is now on Work PC with all my personal MS login and Office 365...: Somehow my work PC is logged in or synced to my personal PC credential including my Office 365 account. How can I change work PC to not include my personal PC/windows credentials?...
  8. How to change a personal account login to a business login

How to change a personal account login to a business login: Hi Community I have a new laptop for a new job. Before I recieved my new company email address I used a personal address to setup my laptop. However, now I have two logins for the machine. One for the laptop login and one for 365 and other programs. So, my question is;...
  9. Outlook on Samsung S9 won't recognise my MS account login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook on Samsung S9 won't recognise my MS account login: I have a new Samsung S7. I though I would use the Outlook app for my emails (by the way why does MS use the same name 'Outlook' for their email client and the Outlook in the office suite - confusing). Anyway, I try to log into the Outlook app on my android phone and it says...
  10. Using non-login Outlook account in Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Using non-login Outlook account in Mail?: Is it possible to use a non-login email in the Mail app? I login to Windows using my personal Outlook/Microsoft account. I'd like to use my blog's Outlook address in the Mail app, so I don't need to use the web interface when replying to emails. Is this possible without...