Windows 10: Outlook on Samsung S8 easy, Outlook on desktop account set up problems

Discus and support Outlook on Samsung S8 easy, Outlook on desktop account set up problems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there Just trying out a new Samsung S8 Phone --installed Ms OUTLOOK on the phone -- a doddle and it allowed me to manually set up IMAP account... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Sep 18, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook on Samsung S8 easy, Outlook on desktop account set up problems

Hi there

Just trying out a new Samsung S8 Phone --installed Ms OUTLOOK on the phone -- a doddle and it allowed me to manually set up IMAP account with own servers etc -- no prob whatsoever.

After loads of trying the OUTLOOK 2016 app on the desktop - the wretched automatic settings wouldn't let me set up an account and finally when I did find a get around (create a working account and then change it) while I could send emails I could neither see any emails in INBOX and SENT box ????

Not sure why Android phone the app works perfectly but gives problems on OUTLOOK 2016. Problem appears that if you have your own email servers rather than ISP ones or things like gmail outlook gets confused - especially if not going via EXCHANGE or business servers.

What I'm trying to do is use the email service that a domain hosting service provides --- and it works also on thunderbird on the desktop but can't get OUTLOOK 2016 to work properly.

My standard ISP email works fine --it's just the email from the hosting service. I know the emails are being created since while testing I auto forward them to my ISP account but don't delete them from the remote server where I can also see the emails.

Anybody using a domain and a hosting service got similar problem with email set up on OUTLOOK 2016 / OUTLOOK 365.

cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 18, 2017
  2. JenniHam Win User

sync mobile email calendar across to pc email calendar

its a samsung s8 calendar widget that says it is linked and outlook app for hotmail emails

JenniHam, Sep 18, 2017
  3. 93tid Win User
    New Phone

Set up on the Samsung S8 the account which you used as a default account on your HTC Windows phone and all contacts should synchronise automatically to the S8.

93tid, Sep 18, 2017
  4. Outlook on Samsung S8 easy, Outlook on desktop account set up problems

I believe outlook for android is some code from an email client built by some company microsoft purchased. so it's about as closely related to outlook 2016 as android or iOS or Pong is.

to be clear, you're trying to add an imap account from your hosting service to outlook 2016? I have gmail set up as imap in outlook 2016 with no issues. have you reached out to your hosting service's support? I bet they have some experience connecting outlook 2016 to their mailboxes. maybe you have to specify a root folder on the advanced tab, or something.

curtmcgirt, Sep 21, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    I'll try that later -- currently though got Thunderbird to do it on W10 and Office 2010 on W7.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook on Samsung S8 easy, Outlook on desktop account set up problems

1. Outlook on Samsung S8 easy, Outlook on desktop account set up problems - Similar Threads - Outlook Samsung easy

2. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN necessary for setting up outlook account: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind, I want to set a outlook.com account in my outlook that is installed on the pc, and I go trough everything, put the password and it's asking for my PIN for my PC. But I never set up a PIN, or if I did I forgot, but I am fairly certain I didn't,...
  3. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN necessary for setting up outlook account: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind, I want to set a outlook.com account in my outlook that is installed on the pc, and I go trough everything, put the password and it's asking for my PIN for my PC. But I never set up a PIN, or if I did I forgot, but I am fairly certain I didn't,...
  4. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook Email Account Settings

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Email Account Settings: Hello Forum, I'm preparing to clean install Win 10. I'm trying to collect account settings so that I can quickly reinstall my Outlook email accounts. I've got a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription. I've checked my Outlook account settings, and I don't see the email setup...
  6. Setting up Outlook in O365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Setting up Outlook in O365: Wi 10 in both cases. I have recently started installing O365 on customers computers. The two so far when setting up Outlook I get the dreaded "something went wrong in setting up your account" or words to that effect. I then resorted to manually setting up a IMAP account and...
  7. outlook account problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook account problems: my desk top has stopped receiving email , I have a laptop that is fine so I checked the server setting and they were different so I have set my desk top to the same as my laptop but it comes up that it cannot save the settings. why can it not save them when everything is set...
  8. Outlook settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook settings: 1. All "Contacts" in Outlook 2016 (365) show an email address in "Display as". Example: Full Name: SMITH, Joan Company: Job title: File as: SMITH, Joan Intenet Email: smithJ@xx**** Display as: smithJ@xx**** 2. I want the same name in "File as" to...
  9. Setting up Microsoft Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up Microsoft Outlook: I am trying to set up my gmail in Outlook using the imap system. When I get to the end it just keeps going round and round in circles asking for my username and password and I can't get past this.Does anyone know the answer please? 120420
  10. cannot set up outlook with exchange account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot set up outlook with exchange account: I cannot set up my Microsoft 365 account with my exchange account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/cannot-set-up-outlook-with-exchange-account/8cdf4031-12a9-48ff-b102-12780d345989

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to send hotmail emial from Samsung S8