Windows 10: Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email...

Discus and support Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows 10 user was associated with my Windows Account when I set the PC up out of the box, using my hosted Exchange 2013 email address (this is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [MichaelP], Oct 22, 2019.

1. Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email...

My Windows 10 user was associated with my Windows Account when I set the PC up out of the box, using my hosted Exchange 2013 email address (this is not O365) as my username - so, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, as the example email address (the actual domain is different, but I own it so have full control of the MX records etc.).

Outlook as an installed app running the latest version and connected to my hosted Exchange 2013 email account has been working fine with this configuration for years.

Recently, however, when Outlook starts, it has been prepending "MicrosoftAccount\" to my account name, as per the attached graphic. This causes my hosted Exchange server to reject the connection attempt, so Outlook pops up the dialogue box shown.

Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email... 6f824b44-b777-4bfa-ac73-bb8ab298eb6f?upload=true.png

Just deleting the "MicrosoftAccount\" text does not solve the problem, I need to clear the credentials and enter them from scratch before Outlook will accept them, which is annoying.

Does anyone have a fix for this irritating behavior?

:)

[MichaelP], Oct 22, 2019

2. Earthlink email with Exchange

I have a client who insists on using his earthlink.net POP email address. He wants to have the ability to have his email, calendar and contacts sync across multiple computers and mobile devices. Obviously, I'm thinking an Exchange account. EarthLink doesn't offer Hosted Exchange. Are there any options available that I can recommend to my client that would allow him to keep using his Earthlink.net/POP email address as well as taking advantage of the benefits of a hosted exchange?

robdam1001, Oct 22, 2019
  3. AjayK47 Win User
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements.

One BTinternet.com email address
    One Outlook.com email address

Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3.

Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook.com.

Deleted the old POP3 account settings for the Outlook.com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the "manually configure" thinking this would automatically use IMAP. (Left settings unchanged for the POP3 BTinternet.com email address).

To my surprise the Outlook.com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server.

Initially thought this would be ok as this would also sync both ways with web-mail. Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP3 email address was also arriving into the Outlook.com Inbox.

Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP3 email separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox? (Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel of Outlook 2016).

Any help much appreciated.

AjayK47, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email...

My MS Exchange Email Address doesn't Work?

I use Outlook 2010. I was using the Hotmail Connector with my MS mail account (at outlook.com) to synch contacts but this is no longer supported. I've now added my MS account using the new account wizard which configures a MS Exchange account for my MS mail account and does synch contacts.

However, when the account is configured as an Exchange account, my user name appears in the format outlook_{text string}@outlook.com. This name name appears in the email sent address from the account but it doesn't work as a legit email address since the email is returned to sender. My correct email address does send and receive emails from the Exchange configured account.

I want to change my user name to the correct email address for my account but I can't change this from Outlook or the Mail option under Control Panel.

How do you configure an Exchange account to send out the correct reply email address?

Steve C, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email...

1. Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email... - Similar Threads - Outlook associating hosted

2. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  3. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  4. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. O365 Outlook - multiple email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    O365 Outlook - multiple email accounts: I have O365 with 2 email accounts, emailA and emailB. Can I set emailB to deliver incoming message to the Inbox of emailA? i.e. I only need to monitor one Inbox to see incoming emails from both accounts. ( I would add a column to show which account they arrived through )....
  6. Moving emails from Windows 10 Mail App to O365 Hosted Exchange - with a caveat

Moving emails from Windows 10 Mail App to O365 Hosted Exchange - with a caveat: Environment Windows 10 Windows 10 integrated Email app Outlook 2019 Hosted Exchange in O365 A now defunt previous hosting provider Problem Moving email in from IMAP mailbox where the server is no longer present. The only copies of company emails are on the employees...
  7. Email address's in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email address's in Outlook: How do I edit or change address's in my phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresss-in-outlook/018359b4-f68d-494d-9d85-04d37c6303f5
  8. outlook email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    outlook email addresses: Hi all, my main microsoft account is on one outlook email address but i want to use a different outlook email address that i already have. How do i change the main account email address please?...
  9. Outlook 2016 Windows 10 Exchange email address (not outlook.com) appearing as "string of...

Outlook 2016 Windows 10 Exchange email address (not outlook.com) appearing as "string of...: Hello, Today, my exchange account that I used in Outlook suddenly changed into "string of Numbers"@Outlook.com, and replies to my emails couldn't be delivered (since "string of Numbers"@Outlook.com doesn't exist as an email address. So I removed my exchange account from...
  10. My MS Exchange Email Address doesn't Work?

in Browsers and Email
    My MS Exchange Email Address doesn't Work?: I use Outlook 2010. I was using the Hotmail Connector with my MS mail account (at outlook.com) to synch contacts but this is no longer supported. I've now added my MS account using the new account wizard which configures a MS Exchange account for my MS mail account and does...