Windows 10: Outlook opens twice on boot

Discus and support Outlook opens twice on boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; No matter what way of launching it I do, Outlook always opens twice on boot. The only way I've noticed that it doesn't, is if I close Outlook manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skiizm, Nov 16, 2019.

1. /u/Skiizm Win User

Outlook opens twice on boot

No matter what way of launching it I do, Outlook always opens twice on boot. The only way I've noticed that it doesn't, is if I close Outlook manually before I turn my PC off, which I don't want to do.

I've tried putting it into shell:startup, I've tried creating a task in task scheduler, and I've also created an AHK script to launch it only if there's no other instance, which runs at start up:

IfWinNotExist, Inbox - Outlook Sleep, 20000 { Run, Outlook.exe } ExitApp

Does anyone have any idea why this behavior might be happening?

submitted by /u/Skiizm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skiizm, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Nov 16, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook opens twice on boot - Similar Threads - Outlook opens twice

2. notepad open twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad open twice: Hello.I nnotice from yesterday that win notepad that i am using for ope srt files when clik on a specific file, open two files at the same time!What is going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-open-twice/9eeaab91-a82a-485a-baf5-520682f3ebae
  3. notepad open twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad open twice: Hello.I nnotice from yesterday that win notepad that i am using for ope srt files when clik on a specific file, open two files at the same time!What is going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-open-twice/9eeaab91-a82a-485a-baf5-520682f3ebae
  4. opening outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening outlook: Outlook will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-outlook/5224d7b4-5764-4c23-887e-d1e4745d3542
  5. Forced to boot twice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced to boot twice: Hello. I have a freshly installed Windows box that requires me to restart twice for a successful boot. The first attempt always causes Windows to freeze at the boot screen (Windows logo with circle underneath). I have disabled fast boot as well as hibernate but still have to...
  6. outlook is not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    outlook is not opening: I have office 365 today I am not able to open outlook please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-is-not-opening/e7b5e78a-6e83-4682-99b0-ba97ff61e315
  7. Open Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Outlook: How do I get the Calendar screen to open when I open "Outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-outlook/28be9ed9-5929-4086-93cf-85ad8fdb9a1e
  8. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.: I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default programs. I don't know for sure but this seems to be causing several things not to work correctly. This includes the built in...
  9. Boot partition listed twice in boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot partition listed twice in boot menu: I have windows 7, 8 and 10 dual boot. I decided to set 7 as the boot drive after having 10 and when I did, the boot menu and MSConfig both list 7 twice on the same partition and I cannot find Boot.ini. How do I get rid of the second listing of 7 in the boot menu? [img]...
  10. File Explorer opens twice

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens twice: for the last few days, the explorer closes and reopen itself immediately. this happens both on my Home PC and Work PC. anybody experiencing this too? see screenshot: Explorer opening twice (when locating a file) (from reddit) 25002

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook starts twice