Windows 10: Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office

Discus and support Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Following a serious computer breakdown, I have had to do a complete re-installation of Windows 10 and all my software, including Office 2016.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Florio, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Florio Win User

Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office

Following a serious computer breakdown, I have had to do a complete re-installation of Windows 10 and all my software, including Office 2016.

Everything has been relatively simple so far, but I'm now having problems setting up Outlook again. I use it to manage my gmail account, but I cannot remember the password "given by the internet service provider". I have tried all possible passwords, but there are always errors and the test message is never sent. I don't know how to retrieve the password or set up the account differently, as my gmail is surely associated with a particular password. Can anyone give me a hand?*Confused

- - - Updated - - -

Solved!! Now that Gmail has it's 2-way-verification, I had to generate a temporary App password to be used instead of my normal password just to set up the Outlook account.

:)

Florio, Aug 20, 2019

2. Outlook 2007 password problem

I have managed to get into the Office file system as you suggested but I cant find the scanpst,exe.
    Here are two shots from my exploration
    Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office [​IMG]

Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office [​IMG]

JohnEdgington, Aug 20, 2019
  3. While configuring outlook password windows disappears

Hi Ram2694,

Greetings, if the password windows disappears when configure your account, I suggest you try the follow steps to configure your Office 365 account in Outlook desktop client. in this way, there is no need to type in password in new pop up window.

1. Please right click on “Start” button > click
      search > type "Control Panel” in the search box.
    2. Find and click the Mail > Click
      Show Profiles.
    3. Click Add >
      type in a custom profile name > then type in your Office 365 account and password >
      Next > Finish.
    4. Start your Outlook with this new profile.

If it still doesn't work, to better help you, may I know if you configure the Office 365 account or other account type in your Outlook desktop client? Meantime, please provide your detailed Outlook version for us.

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Cheng MSFT, Aug 20, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

newtekie1, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook password problems after reinstallation of Office - Similar Threads - Outlook password problems

2. Password problems after reinstalling Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problems after reinstalling Windows: I just performed a fresh install of Windows from a USB drive. I did this to try to fix some recurrent problems that may have had to do with a corrupted HDD. Looks like the install went OK. My home screen comes up and I'm prompted for my password, but the password is not...
  3. Outlook Email Duplicating Problem on Office 365

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Email Duplicating Problem on Office 365: I use Outlook on Windows 365 on a Windows 10 Desktop. I have many sub-folders and many sub-sub folders. However, now under DELETED ITEMS, all these folders appear - empty as well as in strict alphabetical order. I would like to get rid of these extra folders, but am...
  4. Password problems with Onedrive, Outlook and others after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password problems with Onedrive, Outlook and others after Windows 10 update: My computer worked fine under Windows 10 until after the most recent update a week ago. Since then when I restart the PC, it does no longer automatically connect to Onedrive. I have to manually enter the password. Starting Outlook I'm often prompted for the password...
  5. Reinstalling Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling Office: The PC I had loaded my Office on has died!! So I am trying to load it on this new PC but it tells my the product Key has already been used. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-office/a0f0c724-1070-4461-b2d0-3996aea63ed7"
  6. Outlook Office

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Office: Hello I have 2 MS Outlook (office) accounts. When I open Outlook, one account always opens, I think this must be the default account, how do I change it''s not the defaut account? Also, I'm missing the menu bar, in Outlook, when I click on the "ribbon dispaly options"...
  7. Problems reinstalling Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problems reinstalling Office 2016: Over the past few days I've posted regarding Office 2016/365. It's been giving me various problems, and so I have decided to do a complete uninstall/reinstall from the ISO. Except now I cannot reinstall; I continue to get a message saying that I have to remove 'Office 16...
  8. Outlook 2007 password problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 password problem: My Outlook 2007 regularly, but not always, asks me for the password even whilst it downloads or sends emails. I either cancel the pop up or accept and sometimes the pop up box goes away and at other times it stays. It does not seem to affect the send and receive but its a...
  9. how to reinstall Office 2016 after win10 reinstall?

how to reinstall Office 2016 after win10 reinstall?: I bought Office 2016 months ago, but due to windows update failure I had to reinstall win10 thereby losing Office 2016. Can someone point me to a contact? I bought Office 2010 online from MS. TIA 49389
  10. after reinstall of Office 2013, rules in Outlook are gone

after reinstall of Office 2013, rules in Outlook are gone: hi guys, anyone knowing a way (after reinstall of Office 2013 or recreate of an account) to keep the rules active. Even if i only remove the 2 accounts and reinstall them, i get the message that the rule cannot be executed and i have to create all of them again. Can...