Windows 10: Outlook(Preview) why such a problem

Discus and support Outlook(Preview) why such a problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hey Gang what happened here ?? 1 of my email accounts received Preview the other 2 did not(again i am not complaining) just trying to figure... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by njnitehawk, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Outlook(Preview) why such a problem

hey Gang

what happened here ??

1 of my email accounts received Preview
    the other 2 did not(again i am not complaining)
    just trying to figure out how that happened
    anybody have any hints
    One more thing is there any ideas on using Preview
    not really the same as Older Outlook
    Thanks in Advance

:)

njnitehawk, Dec 5, 2015
  2. true-d Win User

Mail

Why has my mail turned to Outlook Mail (Preview)?

true-d, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Why do Windows programmers have such a problem with log files?

As I understand it the log file is there to help solve problems by providing information. I suppose it could have legal overtone too in various scenarios. However, when a file is in a temporary folder, by its very location it's expendable. Therefore when
    a log file is in a temporary folder it's telling us that there is probably something wrong. If there is nothing wrong and it's in a temporary folder, then the Bl**dy software should tidy it up...

I would have been mortified in my programming days if a user had levelled the complaint at me that my code had left lots of log files scattered around temp folders.

There have been plenty of issues posted where OneDrive goes into overdrive in filling up its log files. But I suggest that when OneDrive creates the aria-debug-xxxx log files it should delete them when the PC shuts down, or at the beginning of a new day,
    or at a user-configurable milestone. Leaving log files around is in my view and indication of an untidy mind. Do we want programmers like this working on Windows? For me it doesn't bode well...

If there is any chance that a log file may be required then it's not temporary. And at that point there needs to be some explanation of it's purpose.

And then there are other programmers who create systems (eg drivers) where it would be really handy to have a log file for debugging.

So in the Window's fraternity we get log files when they are of no use, and we don't get them when we need them. What sort of mindset operates like this? Nanny McPhee?

Stephen_Ford, Dec 5, 2015
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Outlook(Preview) why such a problem

They are merging Outlook.com to a new Office 365-based infrastructure. It's not something you can volunteer to manually self-opt in to, but eventually everyone will be on the new version.

There are a couple of FAQ's here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/opreview-opemail/frequently-asked-questions-for-outlookcom-preview/bfba4529-2ca3-4b50-895d-03eac9fa83bd?auth=1

https://blogs.office.com/2015/05/21/new-ways-to-get-more-done-in-outlook-com/

For people using Office Outlook, they may also receive an email from Microsoft telling them that they need to remove and re-add their outlook.com account as an Exchange Account.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/out...on-office-365/

ARC1020, Dec 5, 2015
Thema:

Outlook(Preview) why such a problem

1. Outlook(Preview) why such a problem - Similar Threads - Outlook Preview why

2. Outlook Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Problems: I am having problems with Outlook it won't even run now and need a human to help. I saw links which supposedly made contact with MS Support but they don't work for me. How do I proceed?...
  3. Outlook problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook problems: A short time ago, and maybe as a result of one of the many Outlook auto-enhancements, my Outlook Email programme has developed some problems: 1. I am unable to view new messages in my Outlook Inbox without first refreshing the programme using the ‘Reload Page’ icon or by...
  4. Problem with Outlook

Problem with Outlook: I had not signed into Outlook for a long time. Today I went in and successfully changed my password. Then every time I tried to send a song to my gmail, Outlook would just give me an error message and tell me to sign in ... again, again and again. I am frustrated. The...
  5. outlook problems

outlook problems: Hi everybody since last two week I have not been able to login my outllook account in the office.Our email provider says it has nothing to do with them. then I found out there was a glitch in outlook. My outlook in the office is part of my office 2016.how to fix this...
  6. Outlook problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook problem: When I get into my outlook.live.com emails and the junk mail. I click the "select all" which it does. Then I click "not junk" which gives me 3 choices. I click on "block". Another window opens and tells me that such and such email and how ever many others will be block,...
  7. Problems with Outlook

Problems with Outlook: I've been having problems with the synchronization of folders process for incoming emails from my gmail account and have spent too many hours on-line with Microsoft technicians. Last time, after three hours, the technician informed me that there was a problem with the...
  8. Recent MS Office 2019 Problems - Blocked Documents/No Outlook Preview

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Recent MS Office 2019 Problems - Blocked Documents/No Outlook Preview: I'm not exactly sure when...recent update maybe, but one of my two machines with Office 2019 is acting up. The other one is perfectly fine. On one machine, a large number of documents are now requiring "unblock" to be set in properties to open them. It's mainly in Word and...
  9. Problem with Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Outlook: I am using Outlook.live.com as my email and I start the app up but it lasts for a second or so then goes to a blank page with only a new message avaialable. Any ideas please?? 122442
  10. Preview problem

Preview problem: I have a preview upgrade stuck in Win 7 update folder. I have edited the registry and everything I can think of. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Thanks 5703