Windows 10: Outlook question

Discus and support Outlook question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a client who came to me with a peculiar question. I figure this is just an aspect I've never encountered, but it does seem like a frustrating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Undeadninjas, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Outlook question

I have a client who came to me with a peculiar question. I figure this is just an aspect I've never encountered, but it does seem like a frustrating problem.

He's using Outlook 2016, and has sorting emails into folders. When he moved an email to a folder, the pane that's listing his emails jumps back to the top of the list, which is rather frustrating when he's not sorting them one by one.

I just discovered with him that if you select it first, it seems not to do that. But also, it's inconsistent. Sometimes it keeps the list where it is anyway.

I'm not sure how to look up this problem. Is there a way to change a setting to make sure it doesn't scroll to the top of the list?

submitted by /u/Undeadninjas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Undeadninjas, Feb 7, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook question [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Outlook question

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Outlook question

1. Outlook question - Similar Threads - Outlook question

2. Can I ask outlook question if anyone can help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I ask outlook question if anyone can help me: Hi , I had asked question in outlook but no body reply so I asking here See nobody reply.Here is my question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-ask-outlook-question-if-anyone-can-help-me/9db620d5-916b-47ea-bbf1-3883d22e254b
  3. General 2016 Outlook question....Task manager "My Tasks"

in Microsoft Office and 365
    General 2016 Outlook question....Task manager "My Tasks": TenForums brain trust- So happy to have found this forum as I have had all these "little" questions about Outlook 2016 that are driving me nuts so hopefully you all can help me out. Here's the first one....... When looking at my Tasks (see attached pic), in the upper left...
  4. Outlook 365 Calendar Question

Outlook 365 Calendar Question: Can anyone help please? I have just "moved" my Outlook 365 email to a new PC also running Outlook 365. I was using POP3 on the old computer but have opted for IMAP on the new and all seems ok as far as emails are concerned. I now need to move my Outlook calendar from the old...
  5. Question concerning Outlook 2019

Question concerning Outlook 2019: Hi: I'm hoping somebody can answer this question for me. I am using Outlook 2019 from Office Professional Pro 2019. I would like to know how I can send an e-mail to somebody, and without asking for a read receipt be notified that the e-mail was read. I've Googled, and found...
  6. Outlook app for mobile question

Outlook app for mobile question: I have my personal phone with the Outlook app installed to check my work emails and it requires a PIN to access my messages. If my phone is already encrypted with a screen lock PIN, then why does our IT set a PIN for the Outlook app? The setup was similar from the below web...
  7. Change administrators and Outlook Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change administrators and Outlook Question: I want to change administrators on a single person computer which was given to me (Windows 10). How do I do that? How do I find the log in? As to Outook, the previous owner still has his email still on the machine. I want to either add my account, or in the alternative...
  8. Upgrading from Office 2016 to 365 and Outlook questions

Upgrading from Office 2016 to 365 and Outlook questions: Currently I have Office 2016 installed. I am not using OneDrive to store my files on (limited capacity). As for Outlook : data is stored locally in .pst files. I have quite multiple .pst files: multiple email accounts (Outlook, Gmail and ISP provided account), obviously all...
  9. Question: Loss of Outlook program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question: Loss of Outlook program: In the last 2 days, my Windows 10 program downloaded and installed an update. I went to access my Outlook account (2007 I believe), and got the following message. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Outlook requires Outlook Express 4.01 or greater. you can install Outlook...
  10. Question about outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Question about outlook: Hello. I am trying to access outlook.com and I receive an error at my two pcs. I did a clean install, I updated to creators update, nothing changed so far. Why is happening that and how to solve it? I noticed the problem since the new outlook.com theme. thnx in advance for...