Windows 10: outlook rarely can connect to the server

Discus and support outlook rarely can connect to the server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; outlook has been very frustrating to run over the past year. on my desktop machine, running windows 10, outlook suddenly had issues connecting to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndromedaGirl, Oct 16, 2019.

1. outlook rarely can connect to the server

outlook has been very frustrating to run over the past year.

on my desktop machine, running windows 10, outlook suddenly had issues connecting to the server.

having multiple email addresses for work, those connect, send and receive mail just fine. but the hotmail account refuses to connect.

the computer is always online, i can browse online, do anything online- but not use outlook with the hotmail account, [which is the default account, i guess would be the way to explain it.]

it keeps telling me i need to input my password, that is may not be saved or incorrect, which is nonsense.

i keep getting periodic popups from windows telling me that i need to enter my password in order for outlook to connect- however it does not give me anything in order to do so.

the key icon in outlook shows up on the banner with other tools, telling me to input my password, but again,. it's not like outlook is giving me any way to actually input the password it always used to use automatically.

after rebooting numerous times, shutting outlook down multiple times, clicking on the key icon, closing the 'outlook cannot connect to the server' popup numerous times, one of two things may or may not happen after several hours of this: either outlook suddenly just connects all by itself, or, it gives me a 'enter password to connect' popup that finally lets me in.

so this is the desktop machine over the past year.

my laptop never had this problem- until three days ago. except with the laptop, it never does give me a 'enter your password' popip window, it just either never connects ever or suddenly it just does after hours of trying and eventually giving up and going online or to my mobile phone for hotmail.

both computers will always be online when this takes place, both computers running outlook will let me send and receive from my other [work] email addresses- only outlook and the default hotmail account refuses to connect and doesn't provide a way to enter my password to slap it into alertness.

i began using outlook when my 'mail' [it's just called 'mail'] program refused to let me access one of my work email addresses so i gave up using it. even when setting outlook as the default email program, mail still operates as if it is the default email program [and i can always connect to hotmail with it, oddly enough] but i sure cannot remove it from the computer because sometimes i wonder if 'mail' interferes with outlook, although having 'mail' at least lets me get my hotmail messages as a backup.

it's ridiculous. ongoing for over a year on my desktop, and now suddenly happening with the laptop- despite the laptop not having a windows update or other changes that coincide with the problem arising [and yes it runs on the same OS as the desktop]

i have updated, 'repaired', reinstalled and done everything i can think of to correct this problem with office / outlook and the problem persists.

:)

AndromedaGirl, Oct 16, 2019
  2. geno368 Win User

Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

geno368, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

Can the station see the server Exchange is running on? By Ping, direct access (\\server), or other means? It also may have Outlook Web Access running, https://server/OWA

Jizzler, Oct 16, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

outlook rarely can connect to the server

Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it and now it will not connect to server and will only work offline and I cannot make it go online!
    outlook rarely can connect to the server [​IMG]
    *Mad
    I have tried to delete my Hotmail account and add it again but I must be doing something wrong as I keep getting errors.
    This is what I have tried to add my email account again;

When I click Next I get all these messages;

And this security box keeps reappearing even though the password is correct!

What am I doing wrong and why does Outlook 2010 does not connect to the server even though it is allowed through the firewall?

Help will be much appreciated.

scopio, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

outlook rarely can connect to the server

1. outlook rarely can connect to the server - Similar Threads - outlook rarely connect

2. Bluetooth rarely ever connecting but if they do connect it disconnects immediately

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth rarely ever connecting but if they do connect it disconnects immediately: Ive tried making sure all the drivers are up to date and everything. One of them I had to go to the intel website to get some upgraded drivers they still did not help. The services are running and on automatic. Please help ive had this pc for a bit now and im still having...
  3. Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??: All of a sudden my Outlook email stopped working. I have a subscription to Microsoft 365 so that's the version of Outlook I am using. 1. At first the error I got was 0X800CCC1A, something about not being able to connect to the IMAP server. 2. I went to my Outlook Data File...
  4. Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??: All of a sudden my Outlook email stopped working. I have a subscription to Microsoft 365 so that's the version of Outlook I am using. 1. At first the error I got was 0X800CCC1A, something about not being able to connect to the IMAP server. 2. I went to my Outlook Data File...
  5. Connecting Outlook email to POP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting Outlook email to POP server: I have a Windows 7 PC using Windows Live Mail. Using the same connection settings to my POP server, I have tried to connect using Outlook on my new Windows 10 PC. Will not connect. It will also not connect on my Windows 10 laptop. I have also tried with a legacy copy of WLM...
  6. problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server: problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-experienced-with-connecting-outlook-to/b2c10246-b2dd-410d-837b-43f9a929a0eb"
  7. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  8. outlook contacting server

in Windows 10 Support
    outlook contacting server: hi i have windwos 10 pro all updated, and office pro 2016 all legal licenses and kaspersky internet security. when i was in netcabo operator or net by cable in this case called NOS in Portugal i had no problems. since i change to Vodafone fiber, this problems arrived. i am...
  9. Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 not connecting to server: I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it and now it will not connect to server and will only work offline and I cannot make it go online! [img] *Mad I have tried to delete my Hotmail account and add it again but I must be doing something wrong as I keep getting...
  10. Server can not Connect

Server can not Connect: Hi, My home entertainment set up includes a Sony STRDN 840 and a Samsung Model 5500 Series 5 TV. I use it mostly to play music from my computer music folders. I have two servers that will not connect using the SONY Home Network feature and I want to delete them. I have...