Windows 10: Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose

Discus and support Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A picture is worth 1000 words: [ATTACH] Any ideas why I see this a couple of times each week? even after running update. System clock is OK:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike Everest, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose

A picture is worth 1000 words:

Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose c17e66c7-7dae-4afa-b182-3bd2677ab5b9?upload=true.png

Any ideas why I see this a couple of times each week? even after running update.

System clock is OK:

Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose 7fe69013-4618-4e00-bc66-41abdfd4a96c?upload=true.png

Cheers!

Mike.

:)

Mike Everest, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Lis7 Win User

Outlook send/receive issue after moving pst files to Drive D

I need some advice, as this issue is driving me pretty crazy and the solutions I've found online so far don't seem to work or have negative downstream consequences.
    Win 10 (oem), v.1903
    Office 2019 Home and Business (oem)
    Internal Drive C: program files (but the oem install has the Documents folder on Drive C too for some reason)
    Internal Drive D: data files
    Background

1. After activating Outlook 2019, Windows automatically placed each pst file in C:\\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files\L: [email protected] Instead, I would like to store each Outlook pst file (have multiple email addresses/pst files) in a Documents folder (or some other folder) on Drive D.
    2. To move the original Documents folder from drive C to Drive D I closed Outlook, right-clicked the original Documents folder and used the Properties/Location tab to move it to a new Documents folder I had previously created on drive D. That step seemed to work correctly, and each pst file was now in the new Documents folder on Drive D.
    3. After the folder move, I launched Outlook and used the resulting "Outlook can't find" popup to specify a new file path for each pst file. However, while I can see each new file path in Outlook's Account Settings, it throws send and receive error messages (e.g.: "Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed") and won't send or receive for each account. This continues to happen after closing and reopening Outlook.
    4. I moved the Documents folder back to where it was on drive C. I tried this several times, using the Outlook error popup to try to remap each email account to the new Documents path on Drive D.
    Bottom line is that this Outlook send/receive issue is also preventing me from moving my Documents folder to the D drive where I want it, because when I move it, it messes up Outlook.
    Question

• After I move each pst file and specify the new file paths in the Outlook popup, how do I get Outlook to send/receive for those email accounts?
    Thank you in advance.

Lis7, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 2, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose

1. Outlook regularly advises that it will restart in 1601 a.d. I suppose - Similar Threads - Outlook regularly advises

2. Outlook and D: Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outlook and D: Drive: My PC crashed. It now has a new hard drive. I reloaded Microsoft Office but there are two things missing - that I know of so far: 1. All the information in my Outlook has gone and I need to retrieve it. 2. My D; drive has disappeared from my PC completely. I went into Control...
  3. Outlook and D: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and D: Drive: My PC crashed. It now has a new hard drive. I reloaded Microsoft Office but there are two things missing - that I know of so far: 1. All the information in my Outlook has gone and I need to retrieve it. 2. My D; drive has disappeared from my PC completely. I went into Control...
  4. Outlook and D: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please advise why I am regularly receiving Reddit emails from groups i am not subscribed to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please advise why I am regularly receiving Reddit emails from groups i am not subscribed to?: I appreciate Reddit. I'm a regular Reddit visitor, but this is annoying. submitted by /u/nollinvoyd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jq2434/please_advise_why_i_am_regularly_receiving_reddit/
  6. Infinite restart loop please advise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite restart loop please advise: Help my computer is stuck in an infinite boot loop and there is no way to shut it down, i tried a hard power down by holding x, windows and power for 15 seconds it only flashes black then immediately proceeds with booting if anyone has expertise in the area and help or...
  7. i want to install CSV incredimail contact list into outlook please advise

i want to install CSV incredimail contact list into outlook please advise: I would like to install CSV contact list into outlook contacts how do I do it please.i have it on usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-csv-incredimail-contact-list/07f365f4-1409-4c86-83ba-1e570c0ca68d
  8. windows stopcode restart happens regularly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows stopcode restart happens regularly: message - pc has found issues -needs to restart. for information go to https: windows. com/stopcode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stopcode-restart-happens-regularly/30ccc7a6-ba77-4578-9e41-663f40bfc041"
  9. update outlook mail,,,please advise.

update outlook mail,,,please advise.: I am having a difficult time updating Outlook mail . New HP Stream Windows 10. I have updated and have the correct password and Ive registered my certificate twice. I still can not receive any new mail since end of Aug. My main concern is,,,,I purchased WordPress Peronal...
  10. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1601 Microsoft Installer: I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks....