Windows 10: Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

Discus and support Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I thought this might have been the result of a recent update, but it only affects one of my machines. Normally, I use Outlook without "signing in" to a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mccnavy, May 23, 2019.

1. mccnavy Win User

Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

I thought this might have been the result of a recent update, but it only affects one of my machines. Normally, I use Outlook without "signing in" to a Microsoft/ MS Office account. I independently, during account setup, set up my hotmail account. This was fine on both of my machines, going back a few versions of Office. However, since yesterday, Office 2019 on my laptop requires me to sign in to my Office Account in order to access e-mails. Otherwise, the hotmail accounts can't access the online exchange server (there is a little key logo in the bottom that says "Password Needed"). The prompt also tries to set it up so that Windows is logged into my Microsoft account. I figured out how to turn that off again. I've tried uninstalling Office 2019 and re-installing, and it still now requires sign-in. I'm not sure what changed, or if there is some new setting that is triggering this. What's weird is my desktop has the lasted updates and it isn't prompting me...I can still access all my e-mails without signing into an Office Account. Thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this?

P.S. The new Office uninstall/cleaner tool to try to make sure Office is completely uninstalled is not very good and leaves a lot more behind than the old version. I wish I could find the old one again.

:)

mccnavy, May 23, 2019
  2. ocgmj Win User

Outlook 2010 + Hotmail account Bug...

Have you download the outlook hotmail connector ?

ocgmj, May 23, 2019
  3. Edito Win User
    Outlook 2010 + Hotmail account Bug...

Hi ppl hope ever things good there, i formatted my PC and re-installed my outlook 2010 and i configured every little thing and i just can't send emails using my hotmail account configured in outlook i can only receive does anyone know how can i fix it???

Thanks...

Edito, May 23, 2019
  4. natr0n Win User

hotmail is now outlook

Hotmail users can now upgrade to outlook layout.It looks like windows 8 menus. It's very fast now using outlook over the previous layout.

look in your hotmail/live for this email. Outlook.co​m Team "You've changed. Shouldn't your inbox?"‏

you can upgrade from within and create new alias's too.

*Toast :toast:

natr0n, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts - Similar Threads - Outlook Requires Signed

2. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  3. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  4. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. outlook hotmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook hotmail: why do i have 2 inbox 2 sent 2 draft etc is there a way to fix this in my hotmail ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-hotmail/95c41955-1ac5-4668-a794-e242b9a7613c
  6. hotmail and Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail and Outlook: all my incoming mails from hotmail.com are going directly to trash. the same happens with my hotmail account set up in Outlook. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-and-outlook/d10b9d79-e209-493a-9cfd-f49f7e4cc08a"
  7. Hotmail/Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail/Outlook: I have Windows 10 and use Outlook as my email. Before Outlook I had a Hotmail email address and updated to Outlook when Microsoft said that Hotmail will no longer be used. I have been getting unwanted e-mails from my old Hotmail address. Is there any way I can delete my...
  8. Outlook & Hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook & Hotmail: Outlook Mail that I send to Hotmail.com is rejected. Any ideas Thanks 77094
  9. Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016: I have many hotmail accounts (over 10) and was using Windows Live Mail 2012. Because WLM stopped support for ActiveSync, I switched to Outlook 2016. One issue I see is when I add my hotmail accounts to outlook, some are setup as "Microsoft Exchange" and some are "Exchange...
  10. @hotmail or @outlook?

in Browsers and Email
    @hotmail or @outlook?: I have had a hotmail address for a very long time, does it make a difference if I use @Hotmail or @Outlook? 69931