Windows 10: Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station

Discus and support Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop connected to a docking station, with 2 external Dell monitors that I use. When connected to the docking station I typically shut the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JPopABC, Mar 16, 2023.

1. JPopABC Win User

Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station

I have a laptop connected to a docking station, with 2 external Dell monitors that I use. When connected to the docking station I typically shut the laptop and only use the external monitors, but lately, when I shut the laptop, the resolution in Outlook specifically changes and becomes terribly blurry and displays much smaller than normal. How can I adjust the display settings so Outlook remains consistent when the laptop is closed? The email preview section looks blurry but the scaling is fine, it's the inbox items/message preview, to-do bar, and top ribbons that are all askew.

:)

JPopABC, Mar 16, 2023
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Mar 16, 2023
  3. Screen snipping doesn't work on USBC docking station?

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

This issue is likely due to a compatibility problem between the USBC docking station and Windows 11. Changing the display scaling percentage on either monitor can cause changes in the screen resolution and aspect ratio, which can affect how screen snipping works. To resolve the issue, you can try the following steps:

Check for updates for the USBC docking station and the graphics drivers on the laptop.

Connect the secondary monitor through HDMI instead of USBC to see if the issue still persists.

Try a different USBC docking station, if possible.

If none of the above steps work, you may need to use the screen snipping tool at a display scaling of 100% on either the laptop or the secondary monitor.

Regards.

Nicole Aljecera, Mar 16, 2023
  4. Ed Fisher Win User

Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station

Lenovo T450S laptop docking station issue

I am having difficulty utilizing a docking station with my Lenovo T450s laptop. I purchased the laptop in 2016 and it is running Windows 10. At the time of purchase I also bought a Lenovo docking station. At the suggestion of an IT person, I recently purchased a "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station.

The issue I am having now with both docking stations is that my second monitor does not get detected and only works when I connect directly to the laptop and it does not transfer the wired internet signal from the docking station to the laptop. The signal is fine when I connect directly to the laptop. All of the USB ports on the laptop are USB 3.0.

I was under the impression that I could plug the power for the laptop and one cable from the docking station and would be good to go. The printers connected through the docking stations work fine. I take my laptop home with me every day from work. Any suggestions to try?

Ed Fisher, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station - Similar Threads - Outlook scaling changes

2. Script to change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script to change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone,I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  3. Script to change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Script to change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone,I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  4. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  5. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  6. Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station: I have a laptop connected to a docking station, with 2 external Dell monitors that I use. When connected to the docking station I typically shut the laptop and only use the external monitors, but lately, when I shut the laptop, the resolution in Outlook specifically changes...
  7. Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station

Outlook scaling changes when closing my laptop, connected through a docking station: I have a laptop connected to a docking station, with 2 external Dell monitors that I use. When connected to the docking station I typically shut the laptop and only use the external monitors, but lately, when I shut the laptop, the resolution in Outlook specifically changes...
  8. Extended monitors will not connect through docking station on MSI Crosshair laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended monitors will not connect through docking station on MSI Crosshair laptop: Hi there, I just purchased an MSI Crosshair and my USB-C docking station does not connect. I hear a beep and then another beep but my 2nd and 3rd monitors will not connect. I have an Acer predator that it works perfect on. The docking station is Mokin Model no. MOUC3310 11...
  9. Extended monitors will not connect through docking station on MSI Crosshair laptop

Extended monitors will not connect through docking station on MSI Crosshair laptop: Hi there, I just purchased an MSI Crosshair and my USB-C docking station does not connect. I hear a beep and then another beep but my 2nd and 3rd monitors will not connect. I have an Acer predator that it works perfect on. The docking station is Mokin Model no. MOUC3310 11...
  10. mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station

in Windows 10 Customization
    mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station: mic on laptop lost when connected to docking station https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-on-laptop-lost-when-connected-to-docking/9db7dca1-bfb7-4493-9cce-996dedf6a93b