Windows 10: Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

Discus and support Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Tegiro, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Tegiro Win User

Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder column to show in what particular folder the message resides in. I would to see the name of the folder where I had moved it to.
    How can I display the column where this message is at when doing a search?

:)

Tegiro, Feb 17, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 17, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns

I've tried that a few times, and yet I still find folders that display the four column default.

Did you apply steps 3&4 in Option One ? I do this all the time, add or remove columns, Customize for, say, Music or Pictures and even resize columns and it's applied to all the other similar type folders. You are only dealing with making all folders open the same way. Not a Windows problem.

mrgeek, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column - Similar Threads - Outlook Search Feature

2. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  3. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  4. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to edit columns in outlook folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to edit columns in outlook folders: I have assigned a column "tags" and "Categories" but I cannot edit those fields in my outlook folders such as my download folder, which has emails, pdfs, etc....
  6. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  7. Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column: After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder column to show in what particular folder the message resides in. I would to see the name of the folder where I had moved it...
  8. Outlook Search Results - Blank "FROM" column

in Cortana
    Outlook Search Results - Blank "FROM" column: I have a report from several users in an office of an issue in Outlook 2016 32-bit standard edition. All users are using the same version of Outlook, installed on Windows 10 Pro x64. The office version is listed as 16.0.4783.1000 when viewing Outlook.exe properties...
  9. add search to folder in outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add search to folder in outlook: When I open a folder sometimes there is no search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/add-search-to-folder-in-outlook/4317d3bb-5dd4-4f3a-947e-8d08d2cb3042
  10. How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?: So example, I have folder named MP3. Inside this folder I have folder named FLAC. MP3 folder has Name, Title, Artist, Type, Bitrate columns. How to make FLAC folder to display the same things in the same exact arrangements? If I have FLAC 1, FLAC 2, FLAC3 then to...