Windows 10: Outlook Search Not Working

Discus and support Outlook Search Not Working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble with the search function in Outlook on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to search for emails or contacts, Outlook returns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harper Rodriguez, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Outlook Search Not Working

Hello, I'm having trouble with the search function in Outlook on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to search for emails or contacts, Outlook returns no results, even though I know the items are in my mailbox. I've tried rebuilding the search index and repairing my Outlook profile, but the search still doesn't work. Can someone please assist me in troubleshooting this issue?

:)

Harper Rodriguez, Feb 24, 2024

2. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Feb 24, 2024
  3. kls17 Win User
    After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

I've run into what I think is this same issue, although I'm not completely certain that it coincides with a Windows 10 update. I set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro box, with Outlook 2013, and he found he was unable to search his PST files. We went through the whole standard list of troubleshooting search indexing options, including rebuilding the entire search index, without success. I also copied his PSTs to another system, and ran into the same issue, which eliminates disk errors, registry junk, and things unique to his machine. What finally worked for me were these steps:

1.In Outlook, go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    2. Uncheck "outlook" and the folder under your user where your PST files are located
    3. Close Outlook
    4. Give it a few minutes for processes to exit
    5. Restart Outlook
    6. Go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    7. Check the items you unchecked in step 2
    8. Select something in your PST file and click search to bring up the search window
    9. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools pulldown
    10. Perform your search.

After this I was able to search again using the quick search option at the top of the message list pane.

I suspect this toggled some internal switch in Outlook which the index rebuild didn't touch.

kls17, Feb 24, 2024
  4. John Fer Win User

Outlook Search Not Working

Outlook Search not working.

Hello,

The issue that you are experiencing might be caused by an Outlook conflict. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • For us to have a better image of your concern, could you please provide us a screenshot of the error that you are getting?
    • Can you list down all the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which version of Outlook are you using?

John Fer, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Outlook Search Not Working

1. Outlook Search Not Working - Similar Threads - Outlook Search Working

2. Outlook Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Search Not Working: Hello, I'm having trouble with the search function in Outlook on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to search for emails or contacts, Outlook returns no results, even though I know the items are in my mailbox. I've tried rebuilding the search index and repairing my Outlook...
  3. Search Not Working on MS Outlook - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Not Working on MS Outlook - Windows 11: Recently my laptop has been updated to windows - 11, everything is working nice just the search is not working in My MS Outlook, tried to rebuild indexes also but nothing is working, same problem is having on my colleague's laptop also he also has recently upgraded to windows...
  4. Search Not Working on MS Outlook - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Not Working on MS Outlook - Windows 11: Recently my laptop has been updated to windows - 11, everything is working nice just the search is not working in My MS Outlook, tried to rebuild indexes also but nothing is working, same problem is having on my colleague's laptop also he also has recently upgraded to windows...
  5. Outlook 2010 search

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  6. Outlook 365 search not working since updates

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 search not working since updates: Since MS Office 365 for Business update 16.0.13029.20308 late yesterday and/or Windows updates KB4565503 and KB4566785 late yesterday, Outlook's search isn't working at all. A solution I found was to click Download Full Items in Send/Receive/Download Preferences but Download...
  7. Outlook 2013 search function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2013 search function not working: whenever i search for keywords in resent mails, it only find mails that are a year or two years old. i have tried searching for my most resent mail with all keywords right. and it still does not work. despite me doing every fix from this link.......
  8. Outlook Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Search: How do I turn on windows search in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search/63fe55d4-1c1b-46d3-8df8-f6ea5b19ec87
  9. Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013: (Maybe a repost. Sorry for any confusion.) I have Office 2013 Plus Pro installed on a Windows 10 64 Pro System. Recently search stopped working for all Outlook parts: email, tasks, contacts, etc. So I redid the index using the Control Panel Indexing applet. What I don't...
  10. Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to: Before the latest Windows 10 update, the quick search feature would start searching through emails (and displaying matches) as I typed into the quick search bar. Now the search does not start until I click on search or press enter. How do I revert back to the old quick search...