Windows 10: Outlook server settings update

Discus and support Outlook server settings update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi So I have been given new numbers to add to my Incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP outlook server settings but my server will not update this new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by janinepage, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Outlook server settings update

Hi

So I have been given new numbers to add to my Incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP outlook server settings but my server will not update this new information on this PC. I am using windows 10. Any ideas please?

Janine

:)

janinepage, Oct 18, 2019
  2. techbuzz Win User

Help with setting server settings in Outlook 2010

I am unable to setup my email account in Outlook 2010. I have an email address @alumni.vcu.edu and I cannot find the correct server settings anywhere. This particular address uses gmail servers, but the standard POP3 gmail server settings aren't working. The automatic setup option is also unable to detect the proper server settings.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

These settings aren't working:

Incoming server: pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com

I have also tried:

Incoming server: pop.alumni.vcu.edu
    Outgoing server: smtp.alumni.vcu.edu

I did go into my account settings and enabled POP3 access.

I'm stupid and tired.

I figured it out. Sorry.

techbuzz, Oct 18, 2019
  3. geno368 Win User
    Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

geno368, Oct 18, 2019
  4. robal Win User

Outlook server settings update

Help with setting server settings in Outlook 2010

Hi,

Have you tried asking your provider (alumni.vcu.edu) ?

If they're using gmail (google apps to be precise), then you should use standard server settings as Google suggests.

I assume you can log in via WWW.

Don't use POP3. Use IMAP. It's way better.

Anyway... it should work both via POP3 and IMAP.
    Have you enabled SSL and changed port numbers to ones Google says you should use ?

What error are you getting ?

Cheers,

robal, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Outlook server settings update

1. Outlook server settings update - Similar Threads - Outlook server settings

2. How do you change server/port setting in Outlook 365?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do you change server/port setting in Outlook 365?: I cannot find any sort of settings for an existing account that I have. I searched around and found someone on the Microsoft forum that suggested a regedit, which I did, but nothing happened. I googled this and found someone showing steps for changing server settings, but...
  3. Error code in updating Gmail settings in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error code in updating Gmail settings in Outlook.: I am getting message 'your account settings for Gmail needs to be updated.' However, when I try to update it I get error code: 0x8007042b. Please help to update my settings....
  4. Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails

Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails: Have an att.email address. Outlook server/port info for inbound/outbound emails included POP3/att.net settings. Cannot now receive/send emails since ATT has changed inbound/outbound mail to be routed through yahoo.com. Need to keep my existing att.net address. Need to...
  5. Outlook settings

Outlook settings: 1. All "Contacts" in Outlook 2016 (365) show an email address in "Display as". Example: Full Name: SMITH, Joan Company: Job title: File as: SMITH, Joan Intenet Email: smithJ@xx**** Display as: smithJ@xx**** 2. I want the same name in "File as" to...
  6. Outlook rejects aol server

Outlook rejects aol server: Why won't outlook accept the server for my email? It does for 2 of my emails but not the other two. They are all verizon.net https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-rejects-aol-server/77584540-25ee-495e-ae35-b435f3e52572
  7. outlook contacting server

outlook contacting server: hi i have windwos 10 pro all updated, and office pro 2016 all legal licenses and kaspersky internet security. when i was in netcabo operator or net by cable in this case called NOS in Portugal i had no problems. since i change to Vodafone fiber, this problems arrived. i am...
  8. outlook contacting server

in Windows 10 Support
    outlook contacting server: hi i have windwos 10 pro all updated, and office pro 2016 all legal licenses and kaspersky internet security. when i was in netcabo operator or net by cable in this case called NOS in Portugal i had no problems. since i change to Vodafone fiber, this problems arrived. i am...
  9. Microsoft Outlook server error

Microsoft Outlook server error: Hey guys! After a week or so of installing Windows 10 and Microsoft Office, I have been using Outlook and have logged myself in, sending messages etc. just fine! But now when I load up my Outlook, I get a message box coming up which I have attached a photo of. I click...
  10. Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

Outlook 2010 not connecting to server: I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it and now it will not connect to server and will only work offline and I cannot make it go online! [img] *Mad I have tried to delete my Hotmail account and add it again but I must be doing something wrong as I keep getting...