Windows 10: Outlook Setup for iCloud could not be started

Discus and support Outlook Setup for iCloud could not be started in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; "Outlook Setup for iCloud could not be started because of an unexpected error." [img] How to solve this without knowing what error is causing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Cream8n, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Cream8n Win User

Outlook Setup for iCloud could not be started

"Outlook Setup for iCloud could not be started because of an unexpected error."

Outlook Setup for iCloud could not be started [​IMG]

How to solve this without knowing what error is causing this?

I have tried reinstalling Office and iCloud (run as administrator) but no luck. Is Windows 10 compabtible for iCloud? Apple says no and Microsoft says yes.......

How could i fix this problem?

It did worked before, but it slowed down my computer so much that i decided to reinstall the Office package. Everything worked ok after the reinstall and Office programs are running ok. Only I can't get iCloud to sync with Outlook anymore.

Thanks for the help.

:)

Cream8n, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Tulir Win User

Problems with Win10 Windows Explorer

The problem is caused only by iCloud Photos and not by other components of iCloud, therefore iCloud can be installed but the Photos should be
    UNTICKED.

By having iCloud installed you still have all the contacts, tasks and calendars synchronized with the ihone-ipad.

The solution is:

1. Uninstall your iCloud program on the PC (even if you have the latest version that today is 4.1.1.53).

2. Restart your PC.

3. Install the iCloud program.

4. Untick the Photos.

5. Let the program finish syncing.

6. Setup outlook by clicking the link in the iCloud program (on the top part) and wait for it to finish.

Start Outlook to see if all is there.

Tulir, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Tulir Win User
    explorer.exe restart loop- windows 10

The problem is caused only by iCloud Photos and not by other components of iCloud, therefore iCloud can be installed but the Photos should be
    UNTICKED.

By having iCloud installed you still have all the contacts, tasks and calendars synchronized with the ihone-ipad.

The solution is:

1. Uninstall your iCloud program on the PC (even if you have the latest version that today is 4.1.1.53).

2. Restart your PC.

3. Install the iCloud program.

4. Untick the Photos.

5. Let the program finish syncing.

6. Setup outlook by clicking the link in the iCloud program (on the top part) and wait for it to finish.

Start Outlook to see if all is there.

Tulir, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Magdalena Win User

I have this problem, also. Would appreciate any help. It worked initially, but sync was not working. I then signed out in order to sign back in, but not possible.

Magdalena, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Outlook Setup for iCloud could not be started - Similar Threads - Outlook Setup iCloud

2. Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are freezing and failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook finally stops being frozen and connects after about 5 minutes but iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect. If I stop both of them...
  3. Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and iCloud freeze on start up on Windows 11: Both Outlook 365 and iCloud for Windows are freezing and failing to connect to their servers once i start up both my laptop and desktop. Outlook finally stops being frozen and connects after about 5 minutes but iCloud just fails out and doesn't connect. If I stop both of them...
  4. Outlook and Icloud

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook and Icloud: Yesterday I lost my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** emails on my window's machine. I am receiving the emails on my phone but not on my windows laptop.The only change recently was Dell updated the Firmware and since then I have been having problems.Running...
  5. iCloud and Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud and Outlook: On a new Surfacew Pro 6, with up to date Windows 10 and up to date Office 365, when I load the Icloud start screen, it says 'Installed version of Outlook not supported. The currently installed version of Outlook is not supported by iCloud. The Icloud Drive, Photos and...
  6. Outlook Setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Setup: MSFT Windows Office 365 Help re Outlook setup such as entering IMAP, SMTP and POP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-setup/7583b7c9-7dd7-4962-bf29-dafcb3d5cf39"
  7. OUTLOOK SETUP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    OUTLOOK SETUP: HI, I HAVE GMAIL AND WOULD LIKE TO SET UP AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT ON MY WINDOWS 10. iT WONT DO IT, SAYS IT CANT FIND MY ACCOUNT. ANY IDEAS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-setup/c761cbb2-42eb-439a-8db2-aaf8cbe6c2f1
  8. Outlook Setup

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Setup: First is Outlook.com free for my use? What do I need to set it up? I use Outlook 2003 on Windows 7 PC. I am just looking for some kind of guidelines. 120627
  9. Connect iCloud to Outlook

Connect iCloud to Outlook: I am unable to set the default when trying to link my iCloud contacts and calendar with my Outlook 365. I have the iCloud in the add-ins but connection is denied due to lack of default. Help....
  10. Icloud / Outlook issues

Icloud / Outlook issues: My Outlook has a default setting, so when I open Outlook it goes to the email address etc. When I try to sync Icloud to Outlook, I am told 'Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile' What is the issue and how do I resolve it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. but the setup could not be started

2. iCloud error: Outlook isnt configured to have a default profile office 365

3. Setup outlook by clicking the link in the iCloud program (on the top part) and wait for it to finish.