Windows 10: Outlook showing up twice in default mail app

Discus and support Outlook showing up twice in default mail app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have read many similar responses to this question but none have been the fix for me. I configured a new computer for a user and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by siehawk, Apr 17, 2019.

1. siehawk Win User

Outlook showing up twice in default mail app

Hello,

I have read many similar responses to this question but none have been the fix for me. I configured a new computer for a user and installed both the latest version of O365 and Adobe Reader on the machine. We ran into a problem where pdf to mail feature in Reader doesn't open Outlook to send the PDF. I made sure Outlook was set as the default mail app in Reader. In Windows settings default mail app is also set to default but I noticed it has two entries for Outlook (as if it is installed twice), I tried both, still not working. I have repaired and completely reinstalled both O365 and Reader, rebooting in between, still no luck. I believe the problem is stemming from 2 copies of Outlook showing where you set default apps in Windows. I checked and there is no pre-loaded version installed in Apps & Features (some people find Microsoft Desktop Apps installed, I did not), only Office 365 installed. How can I remove the second installation, or whatever it is, of Outlook showing up where you set default mail app in Windows?

:)

siehawk, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook.

Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead?

I have tried setting the default app as mail in the Default Settings but it keeps trying to send from outlook.

RamboMcMutNutts, Apr 17, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

Outlook showing up twice in default mail app [​IMG]

meebers, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook showing up twice in default mail app - Similar Threads - Outlook showing twice

2. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  3. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  4. Created an account in Outlook it showed up only in the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Created an account in Outlook it showed up only in the mail app: I work for a small IT company, one of our clients recently upgraded her windows 7 machine to windows 10. She called asking me to add a second account to her Outlook. After what seemed like several failed attempts I noticed that she got pop up from the mail app when I sent her...
  5. Texts showing up twice

in Cortana
    Texts showing up twice: Using 'your phone companion' has anyone experienced texts getting duplicated? See examples below?... [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/texts-showing-up-twice/1315be60-27b8-4ceb-acf2-1a21048c37e6"
  6. Emails showing twice in Sent mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Emails showing twice in Sent mail: Hi I am having an issue with emails showing twice in my sent box. This is on windows 10 build 1809 using mail app with exchange account. What I have done so far is: Reset the app Machine is up to date Only on this as works normal with online or outlook. Tried to delete...
  7. Outlook Default Mail Client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  8. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...
  9. Outlook 2016 not showing up as a default program option

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not showing up as a default program option: Outlook 2016 did not come packaged with my office. I am using a version that I installed separately and it can not be reinstalled as the key code only works once. I didn't realize that when I first bought it but I am stuck with the situation now. Fairly often when I click...
  10. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.: I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default programs. I don't know for sure but this seems to be causing several things not to work correctly. This includes the built in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook showing up twice as app