Windows 10: Outlook - Sign-in Problem

Discus and support Outlook - Sign-in Problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; 1. I had Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 on this machine. It was given to me by an MVP friend who had more installations than she could use. 2. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Wynona Win User

Outlook - Sign-in Problem

1. I had Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 on this machine. It was given to me by an MVP friend who had more installations than she could use.

2. I bought Microsoft 365 from Amazon, and they dropped the ball; I had to go to Microsoft Support to get it installed.

3. The Support agent uninstalled Office 2016 and installed Microsoft 365 with no problems.

4. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.

5. When opening Outlook, as everyone knows, it should open and show me my emails, but it doesn't.

6. Instead, when I open Outlook, it wants me to sign into the old Office 2016 account. I can click the X to close and Outlook opens as it should. In a few minutes, I get another (different) notification that I need to sign into the old account. I click the X to close this notification and things progress as they should.

At this point, I'm about to pull my hair out! I know it's something the Support agent did (or did not do) that's caused this, but I don't want to mess things up . . .

Anyone got any idea why this is happening?

:)

Wynona, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Steve Fan Win User

Outlook 2016 problems

As suggested by Appleoddity, the first step is to disable all your add-ins to determine whether the issue is caused by a problematic add-in.

If issue still continues when all add-ins are disabled, then you can try renaming the following \Outlook registry key to \Outlook-1 when Outlook is closed:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

Then, start Outlook and create your new profile to test it. When you start Outlook in safe mode, most of the customization settings are disabled, and these customization settings are stored in the \Outlook registry key. If it doesn't work, you can just renaming the newly generated \Outlook key to \Outlook-2, and then rename the \Outlook-1 key back to \Outlook.

Steve Fan, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Sep 13, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook - Sign-in Problem - Similar Threads - Outlook Sign Problem

2. Outlook Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Problems: I am having problems with Outlook it won't even run now and need a human to help. I saw links which supposedly made contact with MS Support but they don't work for me. How do I proceed?...
  3. Can't sign in to Outlook

Can't sign in to Outlook: Hi! I've been trying to access my email accounts through the Outlook desktop application, but every time I try to sign in, it prompts me to enter my credentials from the company that I used to work for, and I no longer have access to the email account from the same company. I...
  4. Can't sign in to Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Outlook: Hi! I've been trying to access my email accounts through the Outlook desktop application, but every time I try to sign in, it prompts me to enter my credentials from the company that I used to work for, and I no longer have access to the email account from the same company. I...
  5. outlook problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook problems: Hi everybody since last two week I have not been able to login my outllook account in the office.Our email provider says it has nothing to do with them. then I found out there was a glitch in outlook. My outlook in the office is part of my office 2016.how to fix this...
  6. Outlook Desktop Sign-in

Outlook Desktop Sign-in: This morning my desktop Outlook program made me sign in to access mail account. Then after signing in, when trying to reply to email, I got the following error message along with a long string of other diagnostic ****, so this is just a very small portion of the message....
  7. Outlook problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook problem: When I get into my outlook.live.com emails and the junk mail. I click the "select all" which it does. Then I click "not junk" which gives me 3 choices. I click on "block". Another window opens and tells me that such and such email and how ever many others will be block,...
  8. Problems with Outlook

Problems with Outlook: I've been having problems with the synchronization of folders process for incoming emails from my gmail account and have spent too many hours on-line with Microsoft technicians. Last time, after three hours, the technician informed me that there was a problem with the...
  9. Outlook sign in

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook sign in: Hello I'm struggeling, I have an Outlook.com a/c, I've received an email from MS suppport asking to sign in, when I click on the "sign in" link, my hotmail a/c opens up, I'm unsure how to sign in to outlook. I can receive emails into my outlook.com a/c, but cannot send from...
  10. Problem with Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Outlook: I am using Outlook.live.com as my email and I start the app up but it lasts for a second or so then goes to a blank page with only a new message avaialable. Any ideas please?? 122442