Windows 10: Outlook starts and immediately closes, right after the most recent Windows update

Discus and support Outlook starts and immediately closes, right after the most recent Windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did a search regarding the opening/closing issue, and all I can find are methods for solving this on previous versions of Office/Outlook. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thomas Lang toml, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Outlook starts and immediately closes, right after the most recent Windows update

I did a search regarding the opening/closing issue, and all I can find are methods for solving this on previous versions of Office/Outlook. I have Office 365 Business Basics. If I go through Apps and Features, Office, Advanced Options, Reset, will I lose all my Outlook data? Or, should I reinstall downloading from my web portal? Or something else?

This started today, after the new update.

Thanks!

:)

Thomas Lang toml, Jul 15, 2020

2. Cannot find Outlook 2010 and Windows is corrupted after recent update on Windows 10.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand you your PC is corrupted and have lost Outlook 2010 after installing a recent update.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which was the update installed causing the issue on your PC?

• Did you check if Outlook 2010 is shown in Programs and Features window?

• Which edition of Outlook 2010 are you using?

• Are you facing any system performance issues?

I suggest you to check and repair Outlook 2010 from the Programs and Features window by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Programs and Features and select the top most search result.

• Locate and select Outlook 2010 program and click on
      Repair option which will now be enabled in the window.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After the repair is completed, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 15, 2020
  3. BETA. Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.1 closes immediately after opening

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and I was using version 0.8.0 of GPU-Z(which was working fine) until it prompted me to update to 0.8.1 and grabbed the update but ever since I opened it, it immediately closes and now even the older version of GPU-Z closes immediately.

BETA., Jul 15, 2020
  4. Outlook starts and immediately closes, right after the most recent Windows update

Outlook Mail and Calendar opens and closes immediately

Hello.

I have this problem using Windows Mobile 10.

When I start outlook mail, it opens and closes immediately.

The same happens with Outlook Calendar.

Thanks!

EduNegrete, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Outlook starts and immediately closes, right after the most recent Windows update

1. Outlook starts and immediately closes, right after the most recent Windows update - Similar Threads - Outlook starts immediately

2. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  3. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  4. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right Click Most Visited and Recently Closed menu items not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Most Visited and Recently Closed menu items not working.: When I right click Chrome Icon on the Taskbar, it shows Most visited, Recently closed and Tasks. Most visited and Recently closed no longer work since the Microsoft Update. Please help?...
  6. Problems after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after most recent update: Firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy, but windows forced an update on me today and things seem very wrong with my computer now. Not even sure which subreddit I should be in for help so I'm trying a few. New update kept taking over, full-screen asking to either update now...
  7. Outlook opens and then immediately closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook opens and then immediately closes: A computer friend has helped me some. We've disabled a McAfee Addon, but still doing the same thing. How do I repair this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-opens-and-then-immediately-closes/ac5e4c73-200d-425d-ad84-6d84b917e198
  8. App opens then closes immediately right after.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App opens then closes immediately right after.: When I try and open my antivirus software app witch is Mcafee, it opens then closes immediantly. I just got on my computer today and this started to happen. I also havent made any recent changes to my computer. I also checked if other applications where doing this and luckily...
  9. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  10. windows deactivated after most recent update

windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...