Windows 10: outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker

Discus and support outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; On one of my W10 systems outlook fails when trying to load "Adobe PDFmaker Office COM addin". The program startup just silently fails. (It doesn't give... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by guthrie, Aug 31, 2020.

1. guthrie Win User

outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker

On one of my W10 systems outlook fails when trying to load "Adobe PDFmaker Office COM addin". The program startup just silently fails.
    (It doesn't give problems on any of my other 3 systems.)

Although it seems to be a well-known issue with the typical myriad of proposed solutions, one is to just disable that addin in Outlook.

So I need to start outlook in safe mode, use setting/addins/com addins, and disable it, and then Outlook will start fine.
    That is, until after the next reboot, when that addin is back, and I have to repeat the whole process.

So I tried to not just disable it, but remove the add-in, but the error message is that only an administrator can do that since it is installed for all users

Fine, I open Outlook as administrator, go to the com addins, select and remove that addin, but it is not removed when I re-open Outlook as a user, and I have to then again manually disable it.

???
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.

:)

guthrie, Aug 31, 2020
  2. guthrie Win User

On one of my W10 systems outlook fails when trying to load "Adobe PDFmaker Office COM addin". The program startup just silently fails.
    (It doesn't give problems on any of my other 3 systems.)

Although it seems to be a well-known issue with the typical myriad of proposed solutions, one is to just disable that addin in Outlook.

So I need to start outlook in safe mode, use setting/addins/com addins, and disable it, and then Outlook will start fine.
    That is, until after the next reboot, when that addin is back, and I have to repeat the whole process.

So I tried to not just disable it, but remove the add-in, but the error message is that only an administrator can do that since it is installed for all users

Fine, I open Outlook as administrator, go to the com addins, select and remove that addin, but it is not removed when I re-open Outlook as a user, and I have to then again manually disable it.

???
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.

guthrie, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Victek Win User
    Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Victek Win User

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

I have a customer who subscribed to Office 365 and downloaded the Office 2016 applications. She also has Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. She is using Outlook for email and when she opens PDF attachments Outlook shows a list of apps which could be used. Adobe Acrobat Reader is shown as the default PDF handler at the top of the list (I confirmed by checking the file associations for all Acrobat file types). There's a box at the bottom of the list that says "remember this choice" and the problem is Outlook doesn't remember. Every time she tries to open a PDF attachment Outlook shows the list. The PDFs do open, but it's a nuisance that I want to try to fix. TIA for any help.

Victek, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker - Similar Threads - outlook startup problems

2. Adobe page maker How to use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe page maker How to use it?: Ask great questions:Be descriptive.Summarize the problem.Paste the error message.Include system information.Explain what you already tried.Include a screenshot.Refrain from posting personal information that could compromise your privacy, such as:email addressphone...
  3. Adobe pdf printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe pdf printer: I just updated to windows 11 a few days ago. Now my Adobe pdf printer is not functioning. I have tried to add the driver for it but I am unable to find the print manager. Any help is appreciated....
  4. Adobe pdf printer

Adobe pdf printer: I just updated to windows 11 a few days ago. Now my Adobe pdf printer is not functioning. I have tried to add the driver for it but I am unable to find the print manager. Any help is appreciated....
  5. outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker

in Windows 10 Support
    outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker: On one of my W10 systems outlook fails when trying to load "Adobe PDFmaker Office COM addin". The program startup just silently fails. (It doesn't give problems on any of my other 3 systems.) Although it seems to be a well-known issue with the typical myriad of proposed...
  6. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, I think the following is not a windows 10 problem, but I will ask for help anyway.When I receive by mail any pdf document and open it just to read it, on closing the file I am asked if I want to save the changes..., but I did nothing to change anything.Searched the...
  7. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  8. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  9. Default pdf maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default pdf maker: Wish to install Adobe PDF Pro as default, not Edge. Have followed directions given for choosing defaults. Settings do not allow change. (Desired software is installed, but not listed as an option.)...
  10. Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?

Adobe PDF & Microsoft Print to PDF?: I've got Adobe CS5, which comes with Adobe PDF Printer, however it doesn't seem to work anymore. It prompts for a location, then does nothing. I would happily use Microsoft Print to PDF, but I can't tell it where to save the document. They are currently saved in what used...