Windows 10: Outlook stopped working

Discus and support Outlook stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Office 2007 worked fine and suddenly Outlook stopped working. All other programs were fine. I was planning to move to Office365 already so figured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DawneSwanson, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Outlook stopped working

Office 2007 worked fine and suddenly Outlook stopped working. All other programs were fine. I was planning to move to Office365 already so figured that would solve it. Uninstalled Office 2007, installed 365. Everything worked except Outlook. Click on Outlook and the "loading profile" screen stays up for several minutes before giving me the message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\User\Dawne\AppData\Local\Mcrosoft\Outlook/Outlook.pst cannot be accessed. Same thing if I try to open in safe mode. I found and ran scanpst.exe but 8 minutes into Phase 1 (checking file consistency) I got an error: An unexpected error prevented access to this file. Use a disk error checking program to check the disk, and then try using the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool again. I ran tools to scandisk, and was told there are no errors. Scanned anyway, no errors were found. Reran inbox repair tool and got the same message about disk error. I tried chkdsk /f through command prompt, access was denied. Any help would be appreciated.

Moved from:

Outlook

/

Windows 10

/

Office 365 Home

:)

DawneSwanson, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jun 10, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Outlook stopped working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Outlook stopped working

1. Outlook stopped working - Similar Threads - Outlook stopped working

2. I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working: I upgraded my outlook and it stopped working. I can no longer access my emails from work and my current school. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-outlook-and-it-stopped-working/50b4ee71-de94-45a6-9974-679652ded0bd
  3. MY Outlook email stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY Outlook email stopped working: Microsoft had an update on Dec 5,2020, after that my OUTLOOK email stopped working both incoming and out going please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-email-stopped-working/2524aab3-ff9c-4606-a80e-0af890195d0c
  4. Outlook Notification stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook Notification stopped working: After we have updated to the latest version of windows. The outlook notification suddenly stopped. I have checked the settings and it has configured properly. Anyone has the same experience? submitted by /u/lunarcat__ [link] [comments]...
  5. Outlook stopped working after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook stopped working after 1909 update: My Outlook stopped working after a 1909 update today, 7.15.2020. It does start in safe mode. I tried Outlook Repair and Office repair - both local and on-line and restarted the computer multiple times. I want my Outlook back, Mr. Microsoft! I am paying for it and expect...
  6. Errors - Microsoft Outlook Communications Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors - Microsoft Outlook Communications Stopped Working: I've started getting errors as shown below due to microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.12026.20218.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe. What is this and how to fix it? [img] 144249
  7. MS Outlook 2016 stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Outlook 2016 stopped working: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair Outlook? It was working fine yesterday, but after I turned my laptop on this morning, Outlook is no longer working. When I click on it, (the 'activity circle' just disappears - and does nothing. Any suggestions are...
  8. Outlook and Office Hyperlinks stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook and Office Hyperlinks stopped working: I hope someone can help. I am not sure what started this, but a couple of weeks ago the hyperlinks in e-mail stopped working. Now hyperlinks don't work in other office products. The only thing I can think of is that Outlook stopped working and I reinstalled - nothing at...
  9. Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013: (Maybe a repost. Sorry for any confusion.) I have Office 2013 Plus Pro installed on a Windows 10 64 Pro System. Recently search stopped working for all Outlook parts: email, tasks, contacts, etc. So I redid the index using the Control Panel Indexing applet. What I don't...
  10. Calendar stopped working in 2014 Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Calendar stopped working in 2014 Outlook: You should be able to help from McAfee and this is new. That is where I would start. Likely on their forum. The issue I've come across with McAfee is it can be quite aggressive. Aggressive is safe but can lead to set up issues. I use Norton. Some love Norton, some...