Windows 10: Outlook suddenly displaying at wrong size in Edge

Discus and support Outlook suddenly displaying at wrong size in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not sure if this is a MS issue. Default zoom setting for Edge is 125% but Outlook email is suddenly really tiny in size despite Edge showing 125%. The... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Mooly Win User

Outlook suddenly displaying at wrong size in Edge

Not sure if this is a MS issue. Default zoom setting for Edge is 125% but Outlook email is suddenly really tiny in size despite Edge showing 125%. The right hand 30% of the screen is now just empty white space. If I change it to 100% and back to 125% then it corrects until I close and reopen Edge. No other tabs are affected.

:)

Mooly, Dec 15, 2015

2. How do I reduce the screen display on Windows 10?

suddenly the size on my display changed even my Outlook. I checked display resolution and it is set at 1024X768 also its set for landscape. What else could fix this to change screens back to normal?

RosemaryHamill, Dec 15, 2015
  3. font size too large

for some reason, I suddenly have Edge pages too large for my screen. When I go to 'settings' and 'display', the size bar is greyed out. The magnifier will also not allow anything less than 100%.

Anyone else got this problem ?

John

JohnBilsland, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Mooly Win User

This is what I am seeing.

Mooly, Dec 15, 2015
  5. Mooly Win User
    A bit more info on this. I've reported it as a bug to the Edge/IE team at MS connect and they have acknowledged that they are aware of the issue but have been unable to replicate it.

I'll update this if I found out more.

Mooly, Dec 15, 2015
  6. Mooly Win User
    MS have still not been able to replicate this although still acknowledging it as a known issue. Has any one else encountered this problem ?

Mooly, Dec 17, 2015
  7. looks like it might be an issue with the Outlook Mail Preview

Unfortunately I only have the Outlook.com on mine (not sure if I can get the preview yet) and all is working fine

paulsalter, Dec 17, 2015
  8. Mooly Win User

I honestly don't know. I've been able to replicate the issue on a 32bit W10 Enterprise edition though.

I'm trying to replicate the steps needed to reproduce the issue.

Mooly, Dec 17, 2015
  9. Mooly Win User
    This is still ongoing as a bug report.

Two discoveries.

1/ Altering the display settings in Windows to the default 100% (I use 125%) 'fixes' the issue. This is an unacceptable workaround.

2/ This is odd, but moving Outlook from 1st in the list of home tabs that open with Outlook to any other position in the list also fixes the issue. My preferred option for three home tabs is,

A/ Outlook
    B/ Bing
    C/ Google

Moving Outlook to B or C position fixes the issue.

(along the way in all this and I have tried older graphics drivers and many combinations of font size options for various Windows settings. Nothing changes the basic problem. One curiosity though was a definite improvement (improvement as in Outlook mostly opened correctly each time) when using a really slow internet connection of around 0.6Mbs)

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook suddenly displaying at wrong size in Edge - Similar Threads - Outlook suddenly displaying

2. Wrong screen size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong screen size: Hello! I have a laptop with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen taskbar doesn't show because it is bottom. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  3. display size all of a sudden is wrong.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display size all of a sudden is wrong.: the display size that my monitor is meant for is 1900x 1024 (i think) but windows makes it 1280x 1024 and it wont list 1900x 1024 as an option. I have done a clean reinstall for my gpu's and reinstalled windows 10. my gpu is nvidia quadro p1000 and intel(r) UHD 630 my os...
  4. Wrong file size displayed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong file size displayed: [ATTACH] I am getting this in my F drive. I updated windows, scanned it using Windows Defender Offline scan but still it's appearing like this. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-file-size-displayed/7d4b0e10-4611-4f3b-a497-abdc51e4c306"
  5. Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down: An error persists in this new Dell Windows 10 desktop. The preferred sizes of window ~ 7” wide x 10” long; i.e. full length of monitor Edge and Excel (Home and Student 2019) ~ 10” x 10” They should all anchor on the monitor’s top left corner. However, after clicking...
  6. Edge browser display sizing

Edge browser display sizing: My edge browse display has suddenly shrunk to where a page is only about 1 inch wide on the screen. How do I repair this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-display-sizing/5e93e49d-01fb-40db-83d1-8a4dc29535d7
  7. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge: SInce this morning, when I started up Edge, the display was in Arabic (or some similar language) and not English, if I search for MSN.com for example it initially displays in English then goes to Arabic. My language settings all seem fine, but Edge keeps redirecting to the...
  8. Window sizing, positon and stability -Edge & Outlook

Window sizing, positon and stability -Edge & Outlook: When I open Edge & Outlook the first time I get the 2 windows super-imposed over each other. Every time I have to resize and re-position them to be able to have them open at the same time. If the computer is turned off or restarted the resized windows return to the small size...
  9. Miniscule display size in MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Miniscule display size in MS Edge Browser: Yesterday mid-day my Edge browser screen-font-size suddenly went from "normal" to miniscule (see attached image). At the time I was reading info on a sports web-site. Just prior to that my touch-pad (ASUS laptop) suddenly reverted to having the touch-pad feature "TAP" as...
  10. External second display wrong size

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External second display wrong size: I have two extra displays connected to my laptop, and my largest one (technically a TV but whatever) is appearing the wrong size relative to my internal laptop display. My laptop's display is set to 1920x1080, and my TV is at a recommended 1366x768. Here are two pictures...