Windows 10: Outlook Takes Forever to Start

Discus and support Outlook Takes Forever to Start in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Outlook has suddenly decided to take forever to start in the April 2018 Update. Further, if I click on an email to read it, Outlook crashes, and when I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Wynona Win User

Outlook Takes Forever to Start

Outlook has suddenly decided to take forever to start in the April 2018 Update. Further, if I click on an email to read it, Outlook crashes, and when I try to close it, the same thing happens!

I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but the same thing happens.

Outlook is fine in both the Insider Preview 17741 and Skip Ahead Build 18219. No problems with either of these.

This is driving me crazy! I have to reboot into my Skippy Build in order to get decent email.

Edit: I just checked my HP Lappy with the April 2018 Update on it, and it brought up Outlook just as it should, so I guess it's not the Update. *Sad

:)

Wynona, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Aug 20, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook Takes Forever to Start - Similar Threads - Outlook Takes Forever

2. Videos, Recording, and more taking forever to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos, Recording, and more taking forever to start: So, this started happening to me a few days ago and I really don't know how it happened, but whenever I start YouTube videos, it sometimes takes forever for them to start loading. And that wouldn't be such a big deal if not for the fact that I feel it's been happening to my...
  3. Videos, Recording, and more taking forever to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos, Recording, and more taking forever to start: So, this started happening to me a few days ago and I really don't know how it happened, but whenever I start YouTube videos, it sometimes takes forever for them to start loading. And that wouldn't be such a big deal if not for the fact that I feel it's been happening to my...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  5. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  6. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  8. Startup takes forever.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes forever.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in resolving this issue. 37156
  9. Updates taking forever

Updates taking forever: With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img] What updates do you think it is snagging ? 12472
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is it taking forever to log into outlook

2. outlook taking forever to start