Windows 10: Outlook Web and Gmail sync

Discus and support Outlook Web and Gmail sync in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use Outlook Live as main hub for email and I have a Gmail folder. It works ok but there are a few glitches. 1) (not very annoying) It seems there's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lemanne, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Outlook Web and Gmail sync

I use Outlook Live as main hub for email and I have a Gmail folder. It works ok but there are a few glitches.

1) (not very annoying) It seems there's a delay in Outlook from the time I actually receive an email in Gmail's Inbox. My Outlook app on the phone syncs ok, but Outlook live takes, let's say, about 5 min to show new mail, and normally I have to refresh.

2) (very annoying) When I send messages through Outlook Live, they are place in two different folders. The Sent from Outlook account and the Sent inside the Gmail folder. When I look up for some message, or open a conversation, both of the identical messages appear.

I would appreciate any help to try to solve any of those issues, and thank you.

submitted by /u/lemanne
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lemanne, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 2, 2019
  3. JC_220 Win User
    Syncing issues outlook with gmail account on Windows 10.

Thanks for replying.

Please see response below in italic.

Yes.

I am referring to the Window default Mail app.

I just got the Window default Mail app to sync my gmail. However, I am going through folder by folder to sync. The inbox pulls in emails, but not to individual folder. Also, the inbox in
    Outlook does not categorize between primary, social or promotion as is in the gmail.

JC_220, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Outlook Web and Gmail sync

Syncing issues outlook with gmail account on Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "import my emails from gmail to outlook", are you referring of configuring Gmail account in the Outlook application?
    • When you say that "Is the outlook from the task bar", are you referring to Outlook Mail app (Windows default Mail app) or Microsoft Office Outlook Application?
    • When you say that "PC shows that my emails have not synced yet", are you getting any error message?

If you are using Outlook Mail app, then I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on issue syncing email on the Outlook, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Outlook Web and Gmail sync

1. Outlook Web and Gmail sync - Similar Threads - Outlook Web Gmail

2. Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?: I have Office 365, Outlook on Exchange and within Outlook I also have have 2 Gmail accounts (IMAP). Currently I am using a 3rd party tool to sync contacts (exporting to and importing from vCards) so as to sync contacts and have them available on smartphone devices. The...
  3. Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help

in Browsers and Email
    Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help: Since Win 10 20H2 upgrade gmail email will not sync with outlook email. I know gmail does not think outlook is secure enough. Somewhere in gmail settings there is a permission to allow access to outlook. 174492
  4. Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help: Since Win 10 20H2 upgrade gmail email will not sync with outlook email. I know gmail does not think outlook is secure enough. Somewhere in gmail settings there is a permission to allow access to outlook. 174492
  5. Outlook and gmail

Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  6. Gmail sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Gmail sync: My updates installed last night and now Gmail won't sync. Checked the sync settings and they are all on. Surface and Iphone are receiving email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-sync/397fee16-ba02-48cc-8fa1-8466bb8d5f5f
  7. Outlook and Gmail sync issues

Outlook and Gmail sync issues: For some time now Outlook on the PC has been having issues syncing with the Gmail account; the Mail app has no such issues, nor a Mac I have at work (all using the same Gmail account). Well known, or just me? 164505
  8. Deleted Items from Gmail which was synced to my Outlook.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Items from Gmail which was synced to my Outlook.: My Outlook/Hotmail account was synced thru my G-Mail account. My storage was full on the G-Mail account so I deleted all my mail including trash items. Not knowing that my Outlook was going to delete those items also. I would like my emails to be recovered in my...
  9. Sync issues with Outlook 365 Calendar and Gmail using Ical

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sync issues with Outlook 365 Calendar and Gmail using Ical: I have copied and pasted the Ical URL into Outlook calendar on the “internet calendars” tab; howeveri get an error message when i click send/recieve. This function was working up until about a month ago....
  10. Outlook will not sync a gmail account that formerly worked just fine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook will not sync a gmail account that formerly worked just fine: One of my two gmail accounts no longer syncs. I get this error message : Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for *** Email address is removed...