Windows 10: Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server?

Discus and support Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; hi, as per the title. work machine uses Outlook 2016, mails from a couple years back get archived off into a vault or whatever. usually if i go to the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by wolfie138, Mar 24, 2021.

1. wolfie138 Win User

Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server?

hi,
    as per the title. work machine uses Outlook 2016, mails from a couple years back get archived off into a vault or whatever. usually if i go to the bottom of the list there's a message saying "there are more files on the server, click here" but today it says "more files on the server, connect to the server to view them". there's no link, and the bottom of the screen says i'm connected to the exchange and i can send/receive etc.
    how do i connect to the server, i can't see an option.

TIA

:)

wolfie138, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server?

1. Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server? - Similar Threads - Outlook What's Difference

2. Exchange Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange Server: I'm a C# developer and I'm working on App for Exchange Server to backup and restore Mailboxes.My application was working good till last week. I ran the windows update then my app stopped working completely. I'm getting below the Error while retrieving mailboxes: Error: The...
  3. Exchange Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange Server: I'm a C# developer and I'm working on App for Exchange Server to backup and restore Mailboxes.My application was working good till last week. I ran the windows update then my app stopped working completely. I'm getting below the Error while retrieving mailboxes: Error: The...
  4. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  5. Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?

Is there any difference to a user between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?: We have an on-Premises Exchange 2019 server and a domain that is hybrid synced to a 365 Tenant. Trying to add an account on the on-prem server to Windows 10 Mail bypasses AutoDiscover and only connects to 365. Outlook has a similar behaviour that can be fixed with the...
  6. Is there any difference to a useer between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?

Is there any difference to a useer between connecting as Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync?: We have an on-Premises Exchange 2019 server and a domain that is hybrid synced to a 365 Tenant. Trying to add an account on the on-prem server to Windows 10 Mail bypasses AutoDiscover and only connects to 365. Outlook has a similar behaviour that can be fixed with the...
  7. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  8. SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013: We have an exchange server in our organisation and MS outlook 2013 in the office PCs are configured with this server. Unless the outlook in the PC is opened, the emails are viewable directly from the exchange server through web user interface. After opening the outlook in...
  9. Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts: I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements. One BTinternet.com email address One Outlook.com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3. Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my...
  10. Differences between Outlook 2010 and 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Differences between Outlook 2010 and 2013: I have a W7 system using outlook 2010 and a W10 system using outlook 2013. I check and use the same email account in both. The W7 outlook does a very good job of not showing/deleting "junk mail", while W10 outlook does horrible. Both have the settings/options the same, I even...