Windows 10: Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

Discus and support Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrIvanWood, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are trying to force me to purchase the upgraded version!!!!!

:)

MrIvanWood, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Victek Win User

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

I have a customer who subscribed to Office 365 and downloaded the Office 2016 applications. She also has Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. She is using Outlook for email and when she opens PDF attachments Outlook shows a list of apps which could be used. Adobe Acrobat Reader is shown as the default PDF handler at the top of the list (I confirmed by checking the file associations for all Acrobat file types). There's a box at the bottom of the list that says "remember this choice" and the problem is Outlook doesn't remember. Every time she tries to open a PDF attachment Outlook shows the list. The PDFs do open, but it's a nuisance that I want to try to fix. TIA for any help.

Victek, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Outlook Hyperlinks and PDFs Opening in Edge Not Chrome

I want to once again use Chrome for URLs and Adobe Reader for PDFs, but lost this after a Windows 10 auto-update.

I now too have the situation where PDFs in emails I receive in Outlook (2010) open in Edge, and when I attach a PDF to an Outlook email it shows as an Edge doc. Also, URLs in Outlook Emails open in Edge. PDFs and URLs other than in Outlook open with my
    preferences.

I've reset all the defaults I can find to associate PDFs with Adobe Reader and URLs to Chrome. Also tried the suggested regedit change. Didn't help at all.

My Set Default Programs don't show Microsoft Outlook, just:

• Microsoft account
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft family restrictions
    • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Control Panel shows I have both Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (which includes Visio) and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 - English (which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).

BobInTheMountains, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Stan1929 Win User

Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

PDF attachments not showing in Outlook

Original title: PDF attachments

Pdf attachments are not showing up inWindows 10 Outlook.

Stan1929, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

1. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement - Similar Threads - Outlook open PDF

2. Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment: I don't see this answered anywhere though it's been asked several times.I could do this on my Mac so I feel there should be a way in Windows. On my Mac, I could setup outlook as a destination for print as a pdf. This would open up a new email with the printed document...
  3. Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment: I don't see this answered anywhere though it's been asked several times.I could do this on my Mac so I feel there should be a way in Windows. On my Mac, I could setup outlook as a destination for print as a pdf. This would open up a new email with the printed document...
  4. Can't open pdf email attachments

Can't open pdf email attachments: Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments. Also not able to...
  5. Unable to open a certain PDF attachment in Outlook. Gives the error message "Cannot write...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open a certain PDF attachment in Outlook. Gives the error message "Cannot write...: [ATTACH] This only happens with this one particular PDF. Other PDFs have no issue. I have tried multiple readers on multiple machines and this file exhibits the same behaviors. Windows 10, v2004. I have tried the advice in this article which did not yield any results:...
  6. pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format: I use Outlook on my Windows 10 laptop. In the past week, I have had 3 situations in which an email downloaded with a pdf attachment. After it downloaded and I had opened the attachment, the attachment format changed to .dat & now the attachments are useless. I have gotten...
  7. Open Outlook Attachment With...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Outlook Attachment With...: Win10 1909. If I receive a JPEG attached to an Outlook 2019 email I click to open it... [img] Problem is that this selection does not persist in Outlook, the next time I open a JPEG attachment I again get this selection window. The setting persists for all other...
  8. Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp

Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp: We have Adobe set as the preferred PDF handler. When using the mailapp, and trying to open an attached PDF, an error window pops up. Heading is Acrobat Reader, message is: "There was an error opening this document. The requested file operation failed because the storage...
  9. Encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10: How do you encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/encrypt-pdf-files-or-outlook-emails-with-pdf/e8a38794-be38-490f-b7a0-ca462645a9d9
  10. Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc: Hi, I'm running Outlook 2010 in an Exchange 2010 environment. We are having an issue with Outlook blocking attachments. It is NOT blocking them based on extension. I have found many articles about unblocking attachments by extension but this does not seem to be what is...