Windows 10: outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail

Discus and support outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; outlook email unusable with gmail pop ups sign in constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenHickey#, Apr 20, 2020.

1. outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail

outlook

email unusable with gmail pop ups sign in constantly

:)

StevenHickey#, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 20, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, Apr 20, 2020
  4. CMOORE100 Win User

outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail

How to stop Win 10 with Outlook sending attachments as Winmail.dat

WIN 10 (64 bit) with OUTLOOK 2016 send E-Mails which some recipients are unable to open or read.

The problem most commonly encountered, to judge from many internet pleas for help, is that normal e-mail messages are sent and received satisfactorily but attachments – whatever their file extensions – are sometimes apparently not sent or not openable. There are also reports that some e-mail main texts are apparently not sent or not openable. This note is based specifically on WIN 10(64) plus OUTLOOK 2016, but my extensive reading for a solution has revealed that other WIN / OUTLOOK issue combinations also give rise to the same or similar problem. It may therefore well be possible that the following actions will also be of assistance with these.
    The root problem is that OUTLOOK sometimes encodes messages and/or attachments as WINMAIL.dat files and sends these. Many non-MS mail programs can not recognise and/or open these. WINMAIL.dat is a format used in times past for sending Rich Text Format (RTF) messages. I am uncertain why MS persists with this heritage I have found in limited testing that some ISPs seem to receive OUTLOOK attachments OK (because these are sent as their original files with “normal” extensions) whereas another ISP appears to prompt their conversion to WINMAIL.dat and then can not open them. I have, by the way, eliminated any possibility that the problem stems from my receiving computer. My accounts are of the “web based” type and I can open my E-mail boxes by web access direct to the ISP.
    My testing (not comprehensive) has shown that when OUTLOOK is used to send attachments to a Gmail.com account they are received OK but when the exact same attachments are sent to a BTInternet.com they are received as WINMAIL.dat encoded files. It is thus doubly unsatisfactory in that one can not rely on the receipt of attachments sometimes, but not always.
    Here are the 3 steps I took :- 1.. Modify the registry to inhibit generation of Winmail.dat files. To do this a.. Open program REGEDIT (Windows key plus R) b.. Go to Computer/ HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Office/16.0/Outlook/Preferences c.. Create a new DWORD(32bit) called Disable TNEF
    d.. Enter a value of 1 ie.0x00000001 (1) e.. Exit Regedit 2.. Set up OUTLOOK so as NOT to send messages in RTF format. a.. Open OUTLOOK b.. At top left SLCk the blue FILE tab. File page opens.
    c.. In list at LHS SLCk OPTIONS. d.. From OPTIONS find and SLCk MAIL. e.. In MAIL option scroll down to COMPOSE MESSAGES f.. Find CHANGE EDITING SETTINGS g.. Select PLAIN TEXT format option in box. (HTML option may also be OK but RICH TEXT FORMAT – RTF – must NOT be selected). h.. Close the MAIL options page(s).
    3.. Set up OUTLOOK not to auto-complete addressees and empty the auto complete cache. a.. Open OUTLOOK b.. At top left SLCk the blue FILE tab. File page opens. c.. In list at LHS SLCk OPTIONS. d.. From OPTIONS find and SLCk MAIL. e.. In MAIL option scroll down to COMPOSE MESSAGES
    f.. Select SEND MESSAGES section. g. UNCHECK box labelled “Use auto complete list to suggest names when typing To/cc/bcc lines”. h.. Find and SLCk the “Empty auto complete list” i.. SLCk YES in response to “ARE YOU SURE” pop-up box j.. There is no apparent response to step i. k.. Close OUTLOOK mail option page(s). l.. For good measure re-start the PC.

Notes : i.. At step 3e with OUTLOOK 2013 scroll to SENDING MESSAGES section. ii.. In OUTLOOK 2003 and 2007 for procedure section 2 : iia.. Access OPTIONS from the tools menu iib.. Click MAIL FORMAT tab iic.. Click INTERNET FORMAT iid. Under Outlook Rich Text Options click either Convert to HTML format or Convert to Plain Text format. Get rid of any reference to RTF.
    iii. This note is written based on Win 10(64bit) plus Outlook 2016. Other OS/Outlook versions may vary in function and detail.
    iv.. Some versions of OUTLOOK provide for the message sending format to be varied between addressees in the address book. To check for this each address book entry needs to be examined from its PROPERTIES values. These should be opened and set to HTML or PLAIN TEXT and never RTF (or TNEF). v.. With my problem the solution was achieved after step 3. It appears that the auto-complete cache “remembers” previous settings and hence it needs to be deleted.
    vi.. Step 3 was the vital action and was kindly contributed by Caledon Ken at TEN FORUMS I will mark the thread as resolved after further evaluation, but am highly optimistic. .

CMOORE100, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail

1. outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail - Similar Threads - outlook mail pop

2. G MAIL

in Windows 10 Customization
    G MAIL: How do I import old emails to my new HP computer into Gmail? I don't see any import button in settings. I don' know if it makes a difference but my old computer is Windows 7 and the new one is Windows 10. Thank you....
  3. Why cannot receive or send g mail from my desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why cannot receive or send g mail from my desktop: I cannot receive or send GMail , I cannot get the Gmail to update ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cannot-receive-or-send-g-mail-from-my-desktop/4c864376-5167-4866-8573-53ff8c0a7a3e
  4. Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail: I can send mail but it won't arrive at the recipient and I can also receive mail. I checked theSent Mail tab and the mail I just sent wasn't there. I've reset the app and the problem still continues. I sent a mail from Gmail and it worked but not on windows 10. Is there a...
  5. g mail

g mail: Goggle wanted to install updates. I said ok. Then it said that Windows wanted also. I said yes. But it said that Windows can delete e mail. Now I am not receiving any new emails on my computer or android phone. I don't know what to do. I tried going back and saying no...
  6. G Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    G Mail: I have a gmail account. An incoming email comes into Gmail and filters to Outlook. Everything has been fine for months but just recently when I open Outlook a window from Google opens and asks me to sign in. If I don't sign in it blocks my emails. If I sign in I get a...
  7. outlook wont accept g-mail update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    outlook wont accept g-mail update: outlook e-mail sending 5 requests for me to update it, did that and am getting upset, it wont leave me alone..how do I uninstall it all? Id like to keep it as I have been using it for years, but since I bought this new computer with windows 10 on it its been nothing but...
  8. Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook

Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook: Hi, I would like to ask for help as to why I cannot set up any of my email accounts on my Windows 10 mail or on Outlook. Please see photo below on the error for Windows mail. Is this because of a network error? But my internet is working just fine. Or because I am using...
  9. Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail: I recently visited my sister and set up a new computer for her with Windows 10, MS Office 2016 professional and using the Windows Mail. She is as pleased as punch but when wanting to send jpegs to a mail recipient (and resize them accordingly) it asks her to create a new...
  10. Outlook Cannot Send Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Cannot Send Mail: I did the windows 10 upgrade yesterday and since then my Outlook 2010 cannot send mail. It receives mail as it should without any issues. I have multiple emails accounts with different vendors and it is doing the same on all of them so I have ruled out it being a hosting...