Windows 10: Outlook won't close properly

Discus and support Outlook won't close properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I close Outlook by clicking on the X in the upper right, Outlook won't close. The suggested repairs failed. To open Outlook again, I had to first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mary from Texas, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Outlook won't close properly

When I close Outlook by clicking on the X in the upper right, Outlook won't close. The suggested repairs failed. To open Outlook again, I had to first close it in Task Manager.

I closed Outlook by going to FILE, then EXIT. Now Outlook closes properly, and I can reopen it without first having to go to Task Manager.

Obviously the problem is in the X in the upper right.

:)

Mary from Texas, Feb 11, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. JerryFrey Win User
    Outlook won't close - very strange behaviour

This is a very common issue found that Outlook won’t close, basically this happens due to Installed Add-in or any program that is integrated with Outlook.
    Programs that can cause the problem can be Antivirus Scanner, fax software, Skype, Synchronization Software. So, close that program properly.

Once you close Outlook correctly, use ScanPST.exe as there will be some chances that your PST file gets corrupted due to shut down issue of Outlook.

JerryFrey, Feb 11, 2020
  4. HarryWolf Win User

Outlook won't close properly

Outlook calendar on my windows phone won"t show events 6 months into the future Can I fix this?

Outlook calendar on my windows phone won"t show events 6 months into the future Can I fix this?

HarryWolf, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Outlook won't close properly

1. Outlook won't close properly - Similar Threads - Outlook won't close

2. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  3. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  4. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook closes automatically.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook closes automatically.: Outlook closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-closes-automatically/dc5dca62-8303-4bb6-8fe9-d0edd8c9968b
  6. Trying to close Outlook closes windows behind it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to close Outlook closes windows behind it: Here's the scenario: running a second monitor from my laptop, monitor is to the right of the laptop. Outlook is maximized on the second display to the right, along with other windows explorer, web browser, etc. When Outlook is on top and I go to the top right to close...
  7. Outlook opens and then closes

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook opens and then closes: My operating system is Windows 10 Pro V2004 19041.388 and I am using Microsoft 365 V2006 build 13001-20384. This strange Outlook behavior started this morning - Outlook opens for about a second and then closes. I have done the full online repair and get the same result. I am...
  8. Gmail not working properly on Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail not working properly on Outlook: Sent mail disappearing to spam, Attachments not attached. Links in emails not working can you fix it please Microsoft as it was working fine a couple of weeks ago - one of your magic updates again?...
  9. Outlook 2016 not closing properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 2016 not closing properly: When I shut down my PC I often get a message that Outlook 2016 is still open even though I have closed it using File/Exit. I am then invited to stop shutdown or shutdown anyway in which case Outlook reopens on start up the next day and it then sometimes will not synchronise...
  10. Outlook not terminating properly

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook not terminating properly: My outlook will not terminate properly I have to go to talk manager and terminate outlook before starting it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-terminating-properly/6433d963-6c52-434e-8d03-68b10ada2c98"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook not closing completely have to close in task manager