Windows 10: Outlook won't create subfolders for new account

Discus and support Outlook won't create subfolders for new account in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I just installed Office 365. My email is hosted by Cox Cable. I've created a new account. All my folders came across with no problem. But existing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rwhit, May 5, 2020.

1. rwhit Win User

Outlook won't create subfolders for new account

I just installed Office 365. My email is hosted by Cox Cable. I've created a new account. All my folders came across with no problem. But existing subfolders were not created. Sone emails were left in in Input folder and others were put in the Trash folder and Spam folder. How do I get Outlook to transfer these emails correctly?

:)

rwhit, May 5, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook won't create subfolders for new account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, May 5, 2020
  3. scopio Win User
    Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath.

Hi JJG10
    I did managed to move the .ost data file from C:\users\****\Appdata\local\Microsoft\Outlook to G:\Users\***\Documents\Outlook Files for an IMAP account following the next steps;

1. Removed the email account from Outlook, (the Data File will be removed by default). The email account and Data File MUST be removed before you create the ForcePSTPath key AND the ForceOSTPath!
    2. Close Outlook
    3. Deleted the file in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\email address.ost file.
    4. Opened the Registry, navigated to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook
    5. I created both the String Value:ForcePSTPath key AND the ForceOSTPath and the Value data to read D:\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files
    6. Powered off the pc.
    7. Powered on the pc
    8. Opened Control Panel > Mail > E-mail accounts > Account settings > New and added the IMAP account Manually (Do not use Add new mail account from within Outlook!)
    9. When the account was added the Data File was created in the D\:Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files
    10. Open Outlook and it will update the account.

Outlook won't create subfolders for new account [​IMG]

Hope this is helpful.

scopio, May 5, 2020
  4. Outlook won't create subfolders for new account

Outlook 365 - adding new account problem

Hi steveatootac. Welcome to the TenForums @steveatootac

Don't think I would call this a repair but more an edit.

Click on File, upper left, account settings, account setting. A window should open with your accounts listed. Double click on the account you want to edit, then more settings lower right. The is a tab Outgoing Servers

These are the steps in Outlook 2013 and I don't think much has change to Outlook 2016.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Outlook won't create subfolders for new account

1. Outlook won't create subfolders for new account - Similar Threads - Outlook won't create

2. mweb account cannot be created in the new outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mweb account cannot be created in the new outlook: I tried to change from Windows mail to the new outlook . my gmail account is transferred without problems but I cannot create my mweb account. I checked with mweb and all my server and other settings are correct but still I cannot get my mweb account on the new outlook. It...
  3. mweb account cannot be created in the new outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mweb account cannot be created in the new outlook: I tried to change from Windows mail to the new outlook . my gmail account is transferred without problems but I cannot create my mweb account. I checked with mweb and all my server and other settings are correct but still I cannot get my mweb account on the new outlook. It...
  4. create a new outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a new outlook account: how to delete a outlook email account on my personal account and create a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-new-outlook-account/5a227dbd-9a6a-489d-8dca-f4d2052b1a65
  5. create a new outlook account

create a new outlook account: how to delete a outlook email account on my personal account and create a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-new-outlook-account/5a227dbd-9a6a-489d-8dca-f4d2052b1a65
  6. create a new outlook account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microsoft Outlook Subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Outlook Subfolders: I am running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 under Windows 10. I have mail folders set up and in some cases sub folders within those folder. All of a sudden I cannot access those sub folders on my PC although I still can on my iPhone. My PC will display a + sign alongside a...
  8. I can't create named subfolder, or folders for email in outlook 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't create named subfolder, or folders for email in outlook 10.: I can't create named subfolders, or folders for email in windows 10 using new samsung notebook laptop, it shows folder named xxxx could not be created. I'm following directions but I'm getting nowhere....
  9. Can't create new profile to add 365 account into Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't create new profile to add 365 account into Outlook: Hope I've put this in the right category, it's a bit of a crossover between a few. I have a domain user that is unable to add their email into Outlook. They have downloaded the installer from the portal, then when they run outlook and enter their email address, they get an...
  10. Creating a new folder in Outlook

Creating a new folder in Outlook: I am trying to create new folder in my inbox and all of the instructions that I have found do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder-in-outlook/b6a22cc2-f3bb-4fd0-a55e-c123f300f619