Windows 10: Outlook

Discus and support Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure where I should post this topic but I need some help. I have been experiencing problems with Microsoft Outlook as of this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bondy99, Aug 1, 2017.

1. bondy99 Win User

Outlook

Hi,

I'm not sure where I should post this topic but I need some help.

I have been experiencing problems with Microsoft Outlook as of this afternoon.

For reasons unknown I cannot send any replies to people that have contacted me nor can I get any "new" boxes open so I can create new messages to send.

Has anyone else experienced this , and how was it resolved?

I also done a system restore, problem still persists.

:)

bondy99, Aug 1, 2017
  2. E for Excel, Aug 1, 2017
  3. issue in outllok unable to use

Which version of Outlook are you referring to? There are several variants of Outlook:

Outlook included with Microsoft Office ie. Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010

Outlook Mail application bundled with Windows 10

Outlook.com web mail service

What happens when you try to use Outlook, do you get an error message?

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2017
  4. Outlook

Hi bondy99

Would be helpful to identify exactly which Outlook you are running and who provides your mail services, gmail, MS, Yahoo.

When I say which Outlook there is Office Outlook 20xx, outlook.com, outlook the app and some have even called the Windows 10 Mail app Outlook.

Which Outlook are you referring too?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 2, 2017
  5. bondy99 Win User
    Hi Ken,

It's Outlook Mail Live it used to be Hotmail at one stage. Microsoft I believe, a person told me yesterday it's not part of Microsoft Office but more or less a Cloud based storage thing.

I can receive messages but can't directly reply to any message or create a new message. I could check on another pc , if it works on another pc, then it could well be a problem on the pc I'm currently using.

bondy99, Aug 2, 2017
  6. Okay I would suspect browser. It sounds like that is what you are using to logon to outlook.com (hotmal, msn, live).

First I would clear all cached info. I would also try an alternate browser.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 2, 2017
  7. bondy99 Win User
    The problem I had has now been resolved. I must have somehow picked up a nasty, no matter what I did, I still had the same problem with outlook.

I went to a friend's place and entered my login details onto his pc and had no issues. Went back to my pc and problem persist.

At the end of the day I ended up restoring an image, went back to Microsoft, updated all and sundry, created a new image, one without software and another with software.

Good as gold again.

Thanks for help and suggestions, but going back to a previous image resolved the problem

bondy99, Aug 12, 2017
  8. Outlook

Thanks for sharing your solution. Glad its working again.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook

1. Outlook - Similar Threads - Outlook

2. add outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add outlook account: each time i try to add hotmail account to windows mail the below message shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-outlook-account/33aa13e0-b37c-4dbe-87b6-ca7ee0d3fc80
  3. add outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add outlook account: each time i try to add hotmail account to windows mail the below message shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-outlook-account/33aa13e0-b37c-4dbe-87b6-ca7ee0d3fc80
  4. when Outlook prevents the task bar from being auto hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when Outlook prevents the task bar from being auto hidden: when Outlook is active, it frequently stops the task bar from being auto hidden. i have to go to task manager and right click on explorer and "restart"...
  5. when Outlook prevents the task bar from being auto hidden

when Outlook prevents the task bar from being auto hidden: when Outlook is active, it frequently stops the task bar from being auto hidden. i have to go to task manager and right click on explorer and "restart"...
  6. Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email: The new Outlook for 2024 that replaced Windows Mail does not work with Centurylink for whatever reason.Microsoft please bring back Windows Mail, or try making free standalone Outlook work with Centurylink. It appears to work at first by populating the sent and inboxes with...
  7. Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email: The new Outlook for 2024 that replaced Windows Mail does not work with Centurylink for whatever reason.Microsoft please bring back Windows Mail, or try making free standalone Outlook work with Centurylink. It appears to work at first by populating the sent and inboxes with...
  8. Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. my device was deleted and I can't access Outlook on my desktop. How to I restore it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my device was deleted and I can't access Outlook on my desktop. How to I restore it....: my device was deleted and I can't access Outlook on my desktop. How to I restore it. getting code 13501 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-was-deleted-and-i-cant-access-outlook-on/4c0a5b24-a9e4-4998-a391-41bac8aa052a
  10. my device was deleted and I can't access Outlook on my desktop. How to I restore it....

my device was deleted and I can't access Outlook on my desktop. How to I restore it....: my device was deleted and I can't access Outlook on my desktop. How to I restore it. getting code 13501 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-was-deleted-and-i-cant-access-outlook-on/4c0a5b24-a9e4-4998-a391-41bac8aa052a