Windows 10: Outlook

Discus and support Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure where I should post this topic but I need some help. I have been experiencing problems with Microsoft Outlook as of this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bondy99, Aug 1, 2017.

1. bondy99 Win User

Outlook

Hi,

I'm not sure where I should post this topic but I need some help.

I have been experiencing problems with Microsoft Outlook as of this afternoon.

For reasons unknown I cannot send any replies to people that have contacted me nor can I get any "new" boxes open so I can create new messages to send.

Has anyone else experienced this , and how was it resolved?

I also done a system restore, problem still persists.

:)

bondy99, Aug 1, 2017
  2. E for Excel, Aug 1, 2017
  3. issue in outllok unable to use

Which version of Outlook are you referring to? There are several variants of Outlook:

Outlook included with Microsoft Office ie. Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010

Outlook Mail application bundled with Windows 10

Outlook.com web mail service

What happens when you try to use Outlook, do you get an error message?

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2017
  4. Outlook

Hi bondy99

Would be helpful to identify exactly which Outlook you are running and who provides your mail services, gmail, MS, Yahoo.

When I say which Outlook there is Office Outlook 20xx, outlook.com, outlook the app and some have even called the Windows 10 Mail app Outlook.

Which Outlook are you referring too?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 2, 2017
  5. bondy99 Win User
    Hi Ken,

It's Outlook Mail Live it used to be Hotmail at one stage. Microsoft I believe, a person told me yesterday it's not part of Microsoft Office but more or less a Cloud based storage thing.

I can receive messages but can't directly reply to any message or create a new message. I could check on another pc , if it works on another pc, then it could well be a problem on the pc I'm currently using.

bondy99, Aug 2, 2017
  6. Okay I would suspect browser. It sounds like that is what you are using to logon to outlook.com (hotmal, msn, live).

First I would clear all cached info. I would also try an alternate browser.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 2, 2017
  7. bondy99 Win User
    The problem I had has now been resolved. I must have somehow picked up a nasty, no matter what I did, I still had the same problem with outlook.

I went to a friend's place and entered my login details onto his pc and had no issues. Went back to my pc and problem persist.

At the end of the day I ended up restoring an image, went back to Microsoft, updated all and sundry, created a new image, one without software and another with software.

Good as gold again.

Thanks for help and suggestions, but going back to a previous image resolved the problem

bondy99, Aug 12, 2017
  8. Outlook

Thanks for sharing your solution. Glad its working again.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook

1. Outlook - Similar Threads - Outlook

2. Issues with Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Microsoft Outlook: Hi there I use Office 2016 suite at home under my employer's Office365 Enterprise licence. I have downloaded the Outlook 2016 client and it seems to work OK with my personal IMAP accounts, but when I added my work Exchange account I immediately ran into trouble and can no...
  3. Retriveing old emails from outlook - where have all my old emails gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retriveing old emails from outlook - where have all my old emails gone?: I have been using Windows 10 outlook for a number of months and until last week it was okay. But now it is only showing emails from the past 2 months and when I use the search facility seems to be only finding emails from the past couple of months. I like to be able to see...
  4. Savings emails from Outlook to the cloud

Savings emails from Outlook to the cloud: I have upgraded my laptop and I want my saved emails to transfer over. Surely today it must be easier than exporting them to a flash drive and then importing them over? Anyway I tried this and it sent my Outlook into overdrive and caused no end of problems. The only emails...
  5. Windows update sound gone and outlook task gone in the outlook Today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update sound gone and outlook task gone in the outlook Today: is there more to be said? can't stop these damn updates. we are **** ginny pigs for Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-sound-gone-and-outlook-task-gone-in/df65fe7f-8142-460c-8a6a-21baf0e0d55b
  6. trouble adding an email account to outlook

trouble adding an email account to outlook: I'm hitting a wall when I set up another email account on outlook. I go to Add Account in Outlook 2013 and type in a new email account information and it asks for the password that my internet service provides. I only have the WIFI Password. Is that the same thing?...
  7. Remerge split pst files & transfer to new email address in Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Remerge split pst files & transfer to new email address in Outlook: My old laptop broke down and I've replaced it with new one with Win10 and Office 2007 on it. I have a back-up (on an external drive) from my old laptop that has Outlook files on it that go way back to Office 2000 (time flies...!) and those emails are related to an email...
  8. Windows 10 Home / Microsoft 365 Pro - Cannot install Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home / Microsoft 365 Pro - Cannot install Outlook 2010: Hello, I would prefer to have my default email as Outlook. I have it set as the default but keep getting an error message that "Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened, The file C:\Users\Carin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 updated last night and today I cant start Microsoft outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 updated last night and today I cant start Microsoft outlook: when I try to start Microsoft outlook this pop up shows (the operating system is not presently configured to run this application) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updated-last-night-and-today-i-cant/4d5a4198-b7f8-46c7-9455-78495062cc40
  10. Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment: Hello all, I am trying to find a way to have Outlook be an available printer for documents. I would like to email a PDF that I have opened but not saved on my computer. My thought was to have Outlook available as a print option that would take the unsaved PDF directly...