Windows 10: Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not.

Discus and support Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I am using a microphone all of the audio is much louder than usual, it has nothing to do with things being input into the microphone. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Teagan Southwick, May 29, 2024.

1. Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not.

When I am using a microphone all of the audio is much louder than usual, it has nothing to do with things being input into the microphone. I have tried googling the issue many times and nothing useful has shown up. It has happened with all of my headphones.

:)

Teagan Southwick, May 29, 2024

2. Photos app not working when trying to start using a microphone

Hi Kad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you using microphone headset or in-built microphone which came with the computer?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run Recording audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshoot on the Window search bar and select
      troubleshooting.

• Click on view all and click on
      Recording Audio.

• Click on Advanced on the Recording Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Recording Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step:

Step 2.

I would suggest you to update the sound driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Audio inputs and outputs”.

• Right click on the audio driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 29, 2024
  3. ChanceH Win User
    Audio output leaking into microphone

I have a similar issue with my Turtle Beach Earforce X12 headset and after doing some research, I can say one thing.

It's probably your headset(s).

With that said, I encourage you to watch this brief gif:
    Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not. [​IMG]

In it, I play some audio in the background through my aforementioned Turtle Beach headset. Note how the input sensitivity is up near the middle of the bar. Around halfway through, I unplug my headset's output (leaving the mic plugged in) and switch it for a different pair of headphones. Notice how Discord is no longer picking up erroneous input. I should note that the mic is muted on the headset through this entire video, so this output bleed has to be coming from inside the headset (or Discord, but I am not in a position to judge).

My suggestion, is to see if you can use a different pair of headphones for your audio output and either get a budget external microphone or use your existing headset as a microphone only. Doing the latter is easy if your headset has two 3.5mm jacks so you can plug in the microphone jack but not the listen/audio output jack.

If neither of those options are convenient you can try setting Discord's input sensitivity above the typical peak amount when you're listening to loud music in the background, so at least it won't trigger automatically on your music alone. You may also consider push-to-talk. Lastly, you could also turn down the background audio when chatting on Discord anyway, but I realize that isn't a solution.

Also, as some of the comments have pointed out, it's worth checking if you have everything in the correct jack and that everything is setup properly software-wise, including in Windows and for your audio driver.

If you need any clarification, let me know, but I hope this helps.

ChanceH, May 29, 2024
  4. JohnMilks Win User

Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not.

no audio output device installed

I've tried every step that was suggested, still getting no audio output device installed.

JohnMilks, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not.

1. Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not. - Similar Threads - Output audio extremely

2. Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio extremely louder with a microphone being used than not.: When I am using a microphone all of the audio is much louder than usual, it has nothing to do with things being input into the microphone. I have tried googling the issue many times and nothing useful has shown up. It has happened with all of my headphones....
  3. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone being used as an audio output i think: Just bought a new mic WVNGR WG-300II for relatively cheap, and it's either not being recognized at all on my device or being recognized as an audio output Windows 10 Pro, old Lenovo Thinkpad My reasoning being whenever I plug in my mic to the audio jack on the side, it keeps...
  4. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone being used as an audio output i think: Just bought a new mic WVNGR WG-300II for relatively cheap, and it's either not being recognized at all on my device or being recognized as an audio output Windows 10 Pro, old Lenovo Thinkpad My reasoning being whenever I plug in my mic to the audio jack on the side, it keeps...
  5. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. 100% of my disk constantly being used, and my laptop is being somewhat louder than it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% of my disk constantly being used, and my laptop is being somewhat louder than it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bluetundra123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf8586/100_of_my_disk_constantly_being_used_and_my/
  7. Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased

Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased: Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased.Windows 10 Sound Quality also decereases.For Example i cannot use Voice Chat while playing games cuz in game sound quality becomes terrible. Is there any way to disable this?...
  8. HELP! Custom audio louder than the video audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Custom audio louder than the video audio: I am creating a video for my sister's birthday. I am using Video Editor App. It is a mix of photos and personal videos from friends and family. I added a music track using the custom audio everything is great besides in a couple of videos the background music added by me is...
  9. Output sound being deteced by microphone

Output sound being deteced by microphone: Ive been struggling with the desktop sound being heard by my firends when im in call with them on discord, I have read many different forums about how to fix this, but all of them have the same awnser that doesnt work. If anyone has a solution and can share it please do, its...
  10. Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

Audio louder than usual until volume is changed: Hello, tonight I upgraded to Windows 10 and began encountering a very strange problem with my audio. What happens is when an audio source starts playing sound, the the sound is louder than it should be - the actual volume in Windows does not change, the sound is just louder....