Windows 10: Output device changes on boot

Discus and support Output device changes on boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my output device on my HP laptop set to a Bluetooth wireless device. Every time I boot from shutdown or after every restart, the output changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JAG01, May 16, 2019.

1. JAG01 Win User

Output device changes on boot

I have my output device on my HP laptop set to a Bluetooth wireless device. Every time I boot from shutdown or after every restart, the output changes to the computer's audio device*Mad. How can I stop this? Is there a default setting somewhere?

:)

JAG01, May 16, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 16, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 16, 2019
  4. Output device changes on boot

Adding an output device

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your pc prior to this issue?
    2. What is the make and model of the Bluetooth Speaker?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below, to fix issues with Bluetooth speaker and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try the following steps, to add and use Bluetooth device on your computer.
    Refer the following article for steps to connect Bluetooth device.

Method 2: Set Bluetooth speaker as
    Default Playback device
    . Refer the following article under
    set default device
    and check if that helps.

Method 3: If you are still facing issues with getting audio output from your Bluetooth speaker, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to
    fix Bluetooth problems
    on your pc.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Output device changes on boot

1. Output device changes on boot - Similar Threads - Output device changes

2. Windows 11 keeps changing audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps changing audio output device: I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 9 with Windows 11. I plugged in my old 3.5mm headphones via the external monitor connected through a Surface dock the monitor itself does not have sound, just a microphone jack and Widows detected them, installed the correct driver...
  3. output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    output device: WHERE IS MY OUTPUT DEVICE ON MY HARDDRIVE COMPUTER? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-device/586d6175-7be3-49e9-98ae-b95c0de390c1
  4. output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    output device: all of sudden my output device is gone. I can not find it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-device/b9261015-9a7e-41ff-9b25-7f6db64f723e
  5. Changing boot logo in a device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing boot logo in a device: I have a Legacy-enabled laptop. Can I change the boring Windows boot logo to my custom logo? Is there any way to do that? If anyone would reply it would be a great opportunity and help!...
  6. Selecting playback device does not change audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selecting playback device does not change audio output: Anytime I want to connect my computer to my headphones, I would have to go into the sound settings to disable speakers such that the audio would play on the headphones, else it would just play on the computer's speakers even though the playback device is shown to be my...
  7. Change the output volume for one device

Change the output volume for one device: Hello I've recently got new headphones for my desktop, but the problem is they are ridiculously loud (e.g. I have to the system volume down to 2 just to not blow my eardrums). There are volume buttons on the headphones, However they change the system volume not the...
  8. Can't find how to change sound output device

Can't find how to change sound output device: I right click on the speakers icon in the notifications area>open sound settings, but when I click on the down arrow, I can only see one output device available when there should be my speakers and headphones. I'm wondering if it is to do with a setting of the RealTek Audio...
  9. Option to quickly change audio output device is missing

Option to quickly change audio output device is missing: Hey, I have 2 headphones, one wireless one isn't, I switch between them often. in the past I used to switch quickly using windows 10 feature that looks something like this: [ATTACH] However after a windows reinstall (INSTALLED ALL UPDATES I'm on build 1809), pressing on...
  10. Changing boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing boot device: I recently bought a 256gb SSD to put in my laptop. My question is how do I transfer windows and all my files that I have on it to my SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/changing-boot-device/f9727588-9126-4a3e-a150-2386d4ccd9aa