Windows 10: Output device "Digital Audio S/PDIF" not playing sound out loud

Discus and support Output device "Digital Audio S/PDIF" not playing sound out loud in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My problem is in the title. For more information: I put Windows on an older iMac and therefore this computer has iMac hardware. This version of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by halotings, Dec 7, 2019.

1. halotings Win User

Output device "Digital Audio S/PDIF" not playing sound out loud

My problem is in the title. For more information:
    I put Windows on an older iMac and therefore this computer has iMac hardware. This version of Windows isn't activated yet.

When I click the Volume button (and toy with the Volume %) the device shows audio playing, however, I can't hear it out loud.

I know that the sound hardware on this computer does work, because whenever I boot it up, it plays the typical Mac boot-up sound.

I attempted to uninstall the sound drive and restart, to which it reinstalled and still had the same issue.

Troubleshooting says to disable all enhancements, which I have done, and the problem still persists.

I've also tried to simply update the computer, but this has also proven to not fix the issue.

Another small thing I noticed is that when I attempt to plug in earbuds to the headphone jack, it doesn't recognize anything plugged to the jack.

Any responses/help would be much appreciated!

:)

halotings, Dec 7, 2019

2. How to select PCM stereo output for digital audio S/PDIF jack?

I am looking to upgrade the sound from my PC. I wish to bypass the sound card of my computer by plugging in a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) in a USB 2.0 port. I've learned I can stream digital audio that way by selecting my DAC as the default audio output
    device. However, the DAC I am considering also can stream data from the digital optical output on my PC to the DAC. A tech rep for the DAC told me to stream music from both the optical output
    and the USB port alternatively and see which sounds better. However, for the DAC to utilize the digital optical jack it must be set to pulse-code modulation (PCM) stereo output.

Hence my problem. I see no menu option for selecting PCM stereo output as opposed to DTS or Dolby multi-channel audio in my sound controls for the optical output (in the "Supported Formats" section of the "Digital Audio S/PDIF Properties" menu. (Microsoft
    WMA Pro Audio is also offered in that menu, but I don't know what that is or if it changes the digital optical audio output to PCM format.) I would like to utilize the digital optical output from my PC as the DAC rep suggested if at all possible. Please advise.

Deekthe(non)Geek, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Jay Tsai Win User
    Windows 10 S/PDIF sound output not working properly

My Windows 10 S/PDIF 2-channel PCM output not working(e.g. no sound when playing WMA audio and MP3 on media player and watching Youtube thru browser), but DTS, AC3 output is ok.

Anyone got the same problem like this? I use Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI sound card for coaxial S/PDIF output. And have checked system default output is the S/PDIF port which on Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI sound card.

Jay Tsai, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Output device "Digital Audio S/PDIF" not playing sound out loud

Speakers missing under Audio inputs and outputs section in device manager

So, ive done a fresh install of windows on my new ssd, and problem im currently facing is that i have no sound. The output that is visible in choose your output device in sound settings is Digital Audio (S/PDIF) which i dont have connected as i dont have
    any S/PDIF device. I went to device manager and in Audio inputs and outputs section i see:

Digital audio (S/PDIF)

Line in

Microphone

Microphone

(Note: All of them have High definition audio device driver next to it)

Why is Speaker missing?

I have tried reinstalling all drivers that are possible to, and updated them all. What is the problem?

(Latest build of Windows 10 64-bit)

KrisSosoge, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Output device "Digital Audio S/PDIF" not playing sound out loud

1. Output device "Digital Audio S/PDIF" not playing sound out loud - Similar Threads - Output device Digital

2. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  3. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  4. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Digital Audio S/PDIF not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Digital Audio S/PDIF not working on Windows 10: Hello,I recently got an HDMI to DVI cable for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti for my PC to help with a sound issue. My computer lists "Digital Audio S/PDIF" as an option, saying the driver is just fine and even having the bar that shows that audio is playing is animated as if...
  6. Digital Audio Output S/PDIF failure after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Digital Audio Output S/PDIF failure after windows update: Since the latest Windows 10 update my Digital Audio Output S/PDIF is not producing any sound.When I test the output it shows the device in place and reports it as working correctly. I can see the audio output going up and down on the device but no sound is coming through.My...
  7. I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF

I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF: Please someone help me! Since i update windows 10 i can't hear sound. Please anyone can solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-sound-from-digital-audio-spdif/9acff193-acba-45e1-ba4e-02989eb86022
  8. My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other...

My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other...: Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used PC and it is actually my first PC. For sound I tried to plug my wired headphone to the SKR audio jack; I use Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device as my playback device; It has sound but even after I maxed out the...
  9. Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO: My audio device used to only be named High quality audio device but after moving to another part of my house I was presented with the new audio name Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device and now I have no audio...
  10. Sound Volume problem when using digital audio (s/pdif) listening devic

Sound Volume problem when using digital audio (s/pdif) listening devic: No one else has had this problem? I recognize this issue from other people with similar issues. I don't use optical nor digital output so, I can't help much... I think your driver/audio output is set to passthrough rather than going via some sort of mixer or similar....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. digital audio s/pdif no sound windows 10

2. windows 10 digital audio s/pdif no sound

3. digital audio s/pdif driver windows 10

4. Digital audio s/pdif high definition audio device,
  5. digital audio s/pdif no sound windows 10 fix,
  6. digital audio s/pdif driver windows 10 pro 64 bit download,
  7. digital audio s/pdif windows 10 no sound,
  8. digital audio (s/pdif) (high definition audio device) no line out,
  9. digital audio s/pdif no sound