Windows 10: Output iTunes audio to entertainment system.

Discus and support Output iTunes audio to entertainment system. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since iTunes could no longer be installed from the Apple website and had to be installed via the Microsoft Store, I've had the problem below.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GatorJennifer, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Output iTunes audio to entertainment system.

Ever since iTunes could no longer be installed from the Apple website and had to be installed via the Microsoft Store, I've had the problem below.

iTunes loads and plays just fine, but only to my laptop speakers. I have an AirPlay ready Onkyo receiver capable of receiving either an ethernet or WIFI signal. On three of my last five laptops, all of which were Windows 10, AirPlay properly synced to the Onkyo receiver, but only for a couple of times. After that, the AirPlay icon in iTunes was present, buy grayed out, and then totally disappeared as soon as "Play" was clicked.

I was certain that it was a Dell inherent problem until I recently bought a latest generation ASUS Windows 10 laptop and had the same issue.

I've worked with three different techs for a total of about 12 hours, most recently with Norton after seeing that it could be a firewall permissions issue, which it does not appear to be.

Any ideas?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model Inspiron 7773

Audio Receiver Onkyo NR575

Ethernet connection via Netgear unmanaged switch

:)

GatorJennifer, Sep 7, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 7, 2020
  3. JackKabak Win User
    iTunes - no sound via audio output jack on Surface Pro 4 with all else normal.

Hi Depak,

Thank you for your suggestion. Reinstalling did not work, but the issue can be fixed as follows:

In iTunes click upper left flag, select Preferences, then Playback Prefeences. In 'Play Audio Using" change selection from 'Windows Audio Session" to "Direct Sound".

This restores audio jack output and mutes the external speakers.

Many thanks again.

Jack

JackKabak, Sep 7, 2020
  4. rexnewman Win User

Output iTunes audio to entertainment system.

Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output

Hi, my Surface Pro 3 HDMI audio stopped working last week, after a year or more of use. Any ideas would be appreciated. I only use this PC to stream entertainment to the TV, and sometimes for Skype. No changes made by me. Thanks!

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Switched cables.
    • Switched output devices (receiver and direct to TV)
    • Reset Surface Pro
    • Disabled/Enabled UEFI TPM in BIOS
    • Disabled/Enabled "Intel Display Audio" in device manager
    • Messed around with advanced audio settings and format

rexnewman, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Output iTunes audio to entertainment system.

1. Output iTunes audio to entertainment system. - Similar Threads - Output iTunes audio

2. Audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio output: I have my hdmi connected to both my laptop and monotor the screen is on the monitor but the audio is coming out of the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output/9c6fe9d1-82ac-473c-8174-42b8c696740d
  3. system audio output problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system audio output problem: I am having difficulty with sound output via hdmi. It is not getting to the display via hdmi. I have replaced/updated drivers, rebooted several times, and the sound meter shows activity but cannot get sound from computer to display. I do, of course, get image. This...
  4. Audio output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio output: Hi! So I have a laptop and a dell monitor that I hook up to that laptop for a larger screen. I was always able to switch between the laptop speakers and the monitor speakers in sound settings. However, one day I unplugged my headphones from my laptop and tried to switch the...
  5. Changing Itunes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Itunes Audio Output: I want to change the output of iTunes audio without changing my default device. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/REXYRULZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gf09zi/changing_itunes_audio_output/
  6. No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs: I currently use a DAC -X6 for my headphones and have been using this setup for over a year without this issue. I used my PC last night just fine with audio working. However, when I turned on my PC this morning, my computer didn't detect any audio devices and simply had a red...
  7. audio output

audio output: audio output dropped off after w10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output/9fed22c2-572d-493d-a9e5-5bc7dd888803
  8. Audio output

Audio output: I have been trying to use my headphones with my PC but it only connects to my moniter that has built in speakers and it is really getting me mad! ive tried everything from cancelling the tv from taking the audio and everything. when I plugged my headphones in a message popped...
  9. audio output system

audio output system: hi, i have problem with my notebook s sound system. it says no audio output device is installed but when i click it i cant do anything , i cant download or update audio driver...
  10. No Audio Output

No Audio Output: After installing the Windows 10 update yesterday (10/10/18), my laptop now has "no audio output installed". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output/1b36e1a8-2a3e-4448-a8a1-799a8aaf0632