Windows 10: Output sound being deteced by microphone

Discus and support Output sound being deteced by microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ive been struggling with the desktop sound being heard by my firends when im in call with them on discord, I have read many different forums about how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrigiZ, Mar 13, 2020.

1. DrigiZ Win User

Output sound being deteced by microphone

Ive been struggling with the desktop sound being heard by my firends when im in call with them on discord, I have read many different forums about how to fix this, but all of them have the same awnser that doesnt work. If anyone has a solution and can share it please do, its driving me and my friends insane.
    Thanks.

:)

DrigiZ, Mar 13, 2020

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 13, 2020
  3. JoshM_ Win User
    Microphone picks up output sound

For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able
    to hear the audio from the video.

I've got no idea why this is happening, I've tried messing with the Windows and Realtek sound/mic settings but I haven't been able to find a solution yet. I have every single output/input disabled except for
    the headphones and the microphone.

Here's a video of the output audio playing through the microphone:

Sound issues.

My desktop computer is running windows 10, and I'm using a mic splitter to plug the headphones into both input and output (not sure if this might be causing the problem). The headphones I'm using are Skullcandy
    Uproar. From what I understand the mic is built into the part that goes on your ear, not sure if it might be that sound somehow leaking into the microphone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JoshM_, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Output sound being deteced by microphone

Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Output sound being deteced by microphone

1. Output sound being deteced by microphone - Similar Threads - Output sound being

2. MSI webcam not working/not being deteced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI webcam not working/not being deteced: hello to begin i have an MSI Prestige 14Evo B13M and it has windows 11, i've just bought it.I have tried options such as downloading a new driver but there seems to be no driver relevant to a webcam on the msi website, i do not have msi scm, fn+f6 does not work other than...
  3. MSI webcam not working/not being deteced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI webcam not working/not being deteced: hello to begin i have an MSI Prestige 14Evo B13M and it has windows 11, i've just bought it.I have tried options such as downloading a new driver but there seems to be no driver relevant to a webcam on the msi website, i do not have msi scm, fn+f6 does not work other than...
  4. Microphone being used as an audio output i think

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone being used as an audio output i think: Just bought a new mic WVNGR WG-300II for relatively cheap, and it's either not being recognized at all on my device or being recognized as an audio output Windows 10 Pro, old Lenovo Thinkpad My reasoning being whenever I plug in my mic to the audio jack on the side, it keeps...
  5. Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.: I just bought a new computer which has both audio and microphone jacks. After trying out 2 audio splitters, the microphone settings show that the microphone input is being recieved correctly, but when it comes to calls and similar, no sound can be heard. I tried several...
  6. Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.: I just bought a new computer which has both audio and microphone jacks. After trying out 2 audio splitters, the microphone settings show that the microphone input is being recieved correctly, but when it comes to calls and similar, no sound can be heard. I tried several...
  7. Microphone input is shown on screen but no sound is outputting.

8. Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased

Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased: Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased.Windows 10 Sound Quality also decereases.For Example i cannot use Voice Chat while playing games cuz in game sound quality becomes terrible. Is there any way to disable this?...
  9. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Microphone detected but no output of sound: Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my...
  10. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...