Windows 10: Output sound device disappears in Windows 10 when I turn on my TV.

Discus and support Output sound device disappears in Windows 10 when I turn on my TV. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my PC connected to a Yamaha AVR. This is on HDMI input # 2 on the AVR. When I turn my TV on, I see the video output on the screen. I see my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nuraman00, Oct 16, 2020.

1. nuraman00 Win User

Output sound device disappears in Windows 10 when I turn on my TV.

I have my PC connected to a Yamaha AVR. This is on HDMI input # 2 on the AVR.

When I turn my TV on, I see the video output on the screen. I see my PC output on my TV.

But in Windows 10, under Sound settings, the output device for the Yamaha RX-V6A disappears. When I turn my TV off, the Yamaha RX-V6A re-appears.

When the output device for the RX-V6A disappears in Windows Sound Settings, I can't hear anything from my PC, to the passive speakers.

I used to have a Denon AVR, but I returned that.

When I had the Denon AVR, nothing like this happened. I could have the TV on or off, and the output device for the Denon would remain. If I had the TV on, then I could both see and hear what was on my PC, through my home theater speakers.

If I had the TV off, then I would hear what was being played on the TV, to my home theater speakers.

:)

nuraman00, Oct 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Oct 16, 2020
  3. My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. My audio output devices have disappeared. Not just no devices installed, but no devices listed in Device Manager. Tried troubleshooting and still no devices found. Tried connecting USB speakers, but those were not
    detected either.

Suggestions?

Rob_Benjamin, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Eve Tater Win User

Sound output device will now randomly disappear

At random times (not on startup or anything, just while the computer is on at random times) the default sound output device will disappear, and I notice this happens in the moment because I suddenly have no sound. It gets fixed by going into sound settings,
    troubleshooting, picking the monitor (where the sound is supposed to come from) and on the step where it says windows will play test sounds its suddenly fine again. This happens every day, sometimes twice a day and only started within the last 2 weeks. There
    hasn't been a window update that I'm aware of and I haven't manually changed any settings.

On the day it first happened I tried disabling all the other sound "devices" (NVIDIA High Definition Audio, NVIDIA Virtual Audio, and the blue yeti microphone. Note these two NVIDIA audios aren't my monitor and I'm not sure why they're there, they produce
    no sounds) from the up arrow when pressing the speaker in the bottom right as it would switch to my microphone as the sound device when the monitor disappeared. This hasn't helped however as now when the monitor disappears there is simply no sound device shown
    (it is still fixed in the moment the same way as mentioned above).

My monitor is labelled ROG PG279Q (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) if that helps any.

Eve Tater, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Output sound device disappears in Windows 10 when I turn on my TV. - Similar Threads - Output sound device

2. Sound output disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output disappears: Hello,I had an update not that long ago and since then, I have been dealing at first with a random loss of sound. Slowly it has gotten worse over the last few months to where it is an every single day thing now. When my computer is restarted or is left alone overnight I will...
  3. Sound output disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output disappears: Hello,I had an update not that long ago and since then, I have been dealing at first with a random loss of sound. Slowly it has gotten worse over the last few months to where it is an every single day thing now. When my computer is restarted or is left alone overnight I will...
  4. My Sound Device Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Sound Device Disappeared: Two days ago, I woke up and put my headset on, only to realize that there was no sound. I looked through my sound devices and realized that one was missing, that was the 'SpeakersRealtek High Definition Audio' device. Now whenever I plug in my headset, is no longer asks me...
  5. No Sound No Output device

No Sound No Output device: Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware device is not connected to the computer Code45" and "No output devices found" no pull down for choice. Device manager does...
  6. Windows 10 , sound output device bug

Windows 10 , sound output device bug: Hi , i have 3 sound output devices headphones , speakers and monitor and after the windows update , i cant switch between those outputs. Its happening when i boot up my PC or the PC goes to "power saving mode", after 2 hours of not being used. After this ,its automaticlly...
  7. my audio output device disappeared...

my audio output device disappeared...: My audio out device on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop Disappeared....It says its not installed....Please help...I'm truly a computer dummy...Need step by step instructions....Thanks very kindly......
  8. My playback device disappears when I turn on my second monitor??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My playback device disappears when I turn on my second monitor??: I have 2 monitors connected, both via DisplayPort on a 2080ti, and I want my audio coming through the primary monitor's internal speakers. If my main Monitor is the only one turned on, I get the playback device like this. When I turn on my second monitor, the playback...
  9. Sound output device will now randomly disappear

Sound output device will now randomly disappear: At random times (not on startup or anything, just while the computer is on at random times) the default sound output device will disappear, and I notice this happens in the moment because I suddenly have no sound. It gets fixed by going into sound settings, troubleshooting,...
  10. no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound

no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound: I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv. However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does not come from the speakers on the TV. On the device manager the TV shows as a media device. However, the TV does not...