Windows 10: Outrageous 3 day cycle nagging to register for MS cloud services.

Discus and support Outrageous 3 day cycle nagging to register for MS cloud services. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft products just go down and down in my estimation. They have always had inferior OSs right from Bill's CPM purchase but recent trends are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr Drew Shardlow, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Outrageous 3 day cycle nagging to register for MS cloud services.

Microsoft products just go down and down in my estimation. They have always had inferior OSs right from Bill's CPM purchase but recent trends are horrible with a confused and garish GUI with older GUI elements cropping up periodically. These days I use Linux or a Unix variant like variant OSX. I only use a windows machine to run software not available on other operating systems. I use Google and its cloud services. Why does Microsoft feel it appropriate to nag me to "continue to set up my computer" basically register for its cloud services every 3 days. I have no interest in this. I am unable to switch this off. If I am foolish enough to continue the configuration I end up having to enter an email and password for a dormant MS account. I am stuck. If I reboot the machine it still goes into this configuration mode demanding the email and password. Of course I can recover this information on my other computer or device or I could restart in safe mode but what an inconvenience. I want you to stop trying to enforce "configuration" for services that I do not wish to adopt. Cease and desist this indefensible business practice immediately.

:)

Dr Drew Shardlow, Mar 11, 2021

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Apple Introduces iCloud, Free Cloud Services Beyond Anything Offered to Date

You have to see the evolution like this:

1./ iTunes lets you rip CD's to your PC and load onto iPod
    2./ iTunes lets you buy music for download
    3./ iTunes lets you buy music for download then back up to the cloud
    4./ iTunes lets you NOT buy music for download, but buy RIGHTS to play music in the cloud
    5./ iTunes doesn't let you download or own anything. Music as a service, pay per play

We are evolving slowly from 1 to 5. NO, I DONT LIKE THAT BUSINESS MODEL. But, you have to say, one step at a time, each step is being delivered in a way that 90% of customers believe is useful and adds value to them.

Just not "us".

Completely Bonkers, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Outrageous 3 day cycle nagging to register for MS cloud services.

EMC Captiva Cloud Service service not starting

My customer is having a problem with a scanner (Canon Image Formula DR-C125) that has been working fine until the last few weeks. When I came on site I found that they were getting the message "Scanner is not ready. (Power may have been cycled.) Try operation
    again.(-4400)" Using the test scanner or camera button in the scanner properties I got "Your imaging device successfully completed the diagnostic test." Further research revealed that the EMC Captiva Cloud Service wasn't started. When I try to start it
    I get the message "Windows could not start the EMC Captiva Cloud Service service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." I tried the fix suggested in this link: [FIX] The Service Did Not Respond To The Start Or Control Request In A Timely Fashion
    without success. I don't know how to continue from here, please advise.

Thomas7Bell, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Outrageous 3 day cycle nagging to register for MS cloud services.

1. Outrageous 3 day cycle nagging to register for MS cloud services. - Similar Threads - Outrageous cycle nagging

2. HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working: I got a new HyperX Cloud 3 headset for Christmas, I plugged it into my xbox series x controller and it works but When I plug the pc adapter into my pc it says "The drivers for this device are not installed" as shown in the screenshot I added from device manager. It's not...
  3. Win10 Problems with Cloud Services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Problems with Cloud Services: I've tried iCloud, Dropbox, and Synology Drive on my Win10 PC. iCloud syncs flawlessly between my 3 Apple devices, but Win10 won't download new files. Dropbox works fine Synology Drive files stopped uploading from Win10 My Win10 rig is hardwired into the network,...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable running for 3 days and using RAM

Antimalware Service Executable running for 3 days and using RAM: Something is making my PC weird, and my games are currently playing laggy when they never have done before (Witcher 3 in particular). I've updated Win10, updated my drivers, and double checked everything is in order which it seems to be. It's obviously to do with Windows...
  5. CLOUD SERVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLOUD SERVICE: HOW CAN I REMOVE MYSELF FROM CLOUD SERVICE AND GET MY ACCOUNTS TO UPDATE THEMSELVES CORRECTLY ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-service/1828581d-1f93-4eed-b6eb-997376242bd1
  6. Outlook is an outrage

Outlook is an outrage: this is an outrage every email i send from microsoft mail my name changes to [Somewhatsomethingxyz@outlook.something](mailto:Somewhatsomethingxyz@outlook.something) i tried to do anything about it, nothing happened used outlook to send mail to see if it shows, it didn't...
  7. ms store apos now downloading for 3 days now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms store apos now downloading for 3 days now: I am on windows 10 home ed 1909 latest ms store update i got apps in pending last 3 days how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-apos-now-downloading-for-3-days-now/1e72b164-fe3e-4df8-aa70-87f4d7d15276
  8. I’M OUTRAGED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I’M OUTRAGED: WHY DID MICROSOFT REMOVE MS PAINT IN NEWER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS. IT WAS UNCALLED FOR AND NOW I’M STUCK WITH PAINT 3D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-outraged/799bf6e1-e916-4564-be12-dd674ccc7ffd"
  9. Turn on windows security center service nagging message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on windows security center service nagging message: [img] Every time I switch on my PC, after about 5 minutes, I get this annoying notification (see picture) from my OS asking me to turn on the security center service; please, note that, on my PC, I am judge, jury and executioner, meaning I decide what stays on and off, at...
  10. 3 BSOD's in the last 3 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 BSOD's in the last 3 days: Hello, I've been getting BSOD's every day since 3 days ago. The first one had the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error, as well as the third one. The second one was the "IRQL_unexpected_variable" error. According to BlueScreenView, the 1st and 3rd BSOD's were caused by Ntoskrnl.exe, and...