Windows 10: Over 75% of complaints on here are to do with OneDrive... It's ruined my computer as well....

Discus and support Over 75% of complaints on here are to do with OneDrive... It's ruined my computer as well.... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My brand new, $1100 laptop, with a 12gen i7, an RTX 4060, 32gb of a RAM, and a 1tb m.2 ssd has been absolutely backed doored by this terrible,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OneDriveDemon, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Over 75% of complaints on here are to do with OneDrive... It's ruined my computer as well....

My brand new, $1100 laptop, with a 12gen i7, an RTX 4060, 32gb of a RAM, and a 1tb m.2 ssd has been absolutely backed doored by this terrible, unbelievably disgraceful software. Not only that, I was scammed into paying for it. I was tired of my files being duplicated, and OneDrive overriding my admin control of MY OWN PC, to store files where ever it see's fit. What the hell? I went about removing OneDrive in the recommended way, the instructions posted on this "help" forum. I moved all my files to be stored always on my pc. I then deactivated OneDrive from syncing, then I uninstalled it from

:)

OneDriveDemon, Dec 9, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 9, 2023
  3. bobkn Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I haven't had to face that problem with any of my PCs yet. (Touch wood. [Old pagan ritual to avoid bad luck.])

You may ultimately have to re-install Windows, but I hope that someone can offer a less painful fix.

A suggestion: "Windows 10 update ruined my computer" sounds like a ranting post. There are many helpful people here, but they respond better to requests for help than to complaints.

bobkn, Dec 9, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Over 75% of complaints on here are to do with OneDrive... It's ruined my computer as well....

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Over 75% of complaints on here are to do with OneDrive... It's ruined my computer as well....

1. Over 75% of complaints on here are to do with OneDrive... It's ruined my computer as well.... - Similar Threads - 75% complaints here

2. See my OneDrive Document folder on my new Computer as well.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See my OneDrive Document folder on my new Computer as well.: I have a new Windows 11 Surface Laptop 5. All my files from my previous computer were always synced with OneDrive. How can I see my Documents folders on my new computer C: Drive while keeping the sync on to backup to OneDrive....
  3. See my OneDrive Document folder on my new Computer as well.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    See my OneDrive Document folder on my new Computer as well.: I have a new Windows 11 Surface Laptop 5. All my files from my previous computer were always synced with OneDrive. How can I see my Documents folders on my new computer C: Drive while keeping the sync on to backup to OneDrive....
  4. Over 75% of complaints on here are to do with OneDrive... It's ruined my computer as well....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Over 75% of complaints on here are to do with OneDrive... It's ruined my computer as well....: My brand new, $1100 laptop, with a 12gen i7, an RTX 4060, 32gb of a RAM, and a 1tb m.2 ssd has been absolutely backed doored by this terrible, unbelievably disgraceful software. Not only that, I was scammed into paying for it. I was tired of my files being duplicated, and...
  5. Onedrive watching over multiple computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive watching over multiple computers: Over the years I have tried and tried and used and used Onedrive for my home computers all using Windows 10. I have 4 computers that I want all to access Onedrive for the latest files. Perhaps I don't fully understand the functionality of this service. Every time I try...
  6. New here... and well..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New here... and well..: I'm an idiot, got drunk and thought I was a pirate and apparently installed that game Green Hell, played it to the campfire scene when it started shooting out a high-pitched noise and restarted the PC. Now it is stuck in the auto repair loop, and I tried the 6 out of 7 steps...
  7. Update ruined my computer

Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  8. Updates Ruined My Computer

Updates Ruined My Computer: Help immediately needed. Since your latest updates my computer has not worked right since. You deleted my background picture, plug & play no longer works so I cannot use my devices, autoplay no longer works so I cannot even start my devices. I can no longer use the internet....
  9. Accidentally ruined my computer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally ruined my computer...: So I'm kind of an idiot... I accidentally marked my C:/ drive as active, but that's not the problem. I made a windows boot media (then pressed SHIFT+F10 , DISKPART, LIST DISK, SELECT DISK #, LIST PARTITION, SELECT PARTITION #, INACTIVE) and successfully got my computer to...
  10. OneDrive Storage Over Multiple Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Storage Over Multiple Computers: Issue: I have multiple computers running Windows 10 Each computer is linked to same Microsoft account I have Office365 with 1TB of storage. On each computer I save files to OneDrive BUT Not all files on OneDrive are visible to all my computers, nor are they all visible...