Windows 10: Over 9 GB in windows update cleanup files

Discus and support Over 9 GB in windows update cleanup files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm aware that Windows keeps windows update cleanup files for a period of time before deleting them, but there were over 3 GB for over a month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Audstune, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Audstune Win User

Over 9 GB in windows update cleanup files

Hi,

I'm aware that Windows keeps windows update cleanup files for a period of time before deleting them, but there were over 3 GB for over a month and now the number is 9.32 GB. That's a lot of space being used.

Is there a safe way to resolve this?

Thank you.

:)

Audstune, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Windows Update and Disk Cleanup

Hi,

The file size depends on the specific update that your system is trying to install.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • Can you provide us a detailed information of the files that accumulate 3.08 GB? If possible, can you give us a screenshot of it when running the Disk Cleanup utility?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Cannot Cleanup Temporary Internet Files

Recently when running Disk Cleanup on my Windows 10 Surface tablet, there are 1.10 GB of Temporary Internet Files listed under Files to delete. Checking this box and clicking OK does not remove them.

I also notice these same files listed when I when I run Clean up system files. I am not able to remove these file here either.

When I click on the Temporary Internet Files and select the View files button, Disk Cleanup opens the AppData > Local > Microsoft > Windows > INetCache > IE folder with only the message "This folder is empty" displayed. The IE folder properties lists 3
    files and 1 folder and the Attributes Hidden is checked. Unchecking the Hidden attribute does not return any files.

Windows 8 was originally installed on this Surface Tablet and I upgraded to Windows 10 last September. Automatic updates is turned on.

I welcome suggestions for resolving this issue.

Thanks!

JosephTutko, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Over 9 GB in windows update cleanup files

Disk cleanup don't cleans Windows Update Cleanup.

Here are the answers to your question:

• No, I haven't made any updates or changes but I think it is of Creators Update but there was no file named "Windows Update Cleanup" till some weeks or months, I just noticed after the day when I posted this thread.
    • No, I don't get any error message.
    • No, I haven't tried any troubleshooting steps.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Himanshu Sharma4182005, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Over 9 GB in windows update cleanup files

1. Over 9 GB in windows update cleanup files - Similar Threads - update cleanup files

2. news consumes 9 gb ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    news consumes 9 gb ram: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bat323 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x2jdkq/news_consumes_9_gb_ram/
  3. 167 gb over 165?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    167 gb over 165?: I'm confused how 167 gb is over 165 gb. And it actually keeps changing. First, it was 167 GB over 165 GB now i re-opened settings and it became 167 GB over 162 GB? I don't know what happend but i need an explanation...
  4. 167 gb over 165?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    167 gb over 165?: I'm confused how 167 gb is over 165 gb. And it actually keeps changing. First, it was 167 GB over 165 GB now i re-opened settings and it became 167 GB over 162 GB? I don't know what happend but i need an explanation...
  5. Critical Windows error create tmp file that's over 2 GB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Windows error create tmp file that's over 2 GB: Today I encounter a critical system error message, it was something with memory overflow. The error created a .tmp file in the local app data. The error message told me to share this file with the widows dev team (the file is over 2 GB) but I couldn't find any place where I...
  6. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  7. windows cleanup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows cleanup files: is it safe to delete windows cleanup files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cleanup-files/cdeb4603-0546-4510-837d-1d455c0f9067
  8. File cleanup of windows update files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File cleanup of windows update files: My C: drive is tight for space. After a 'Routine' update of Windows 10, I know I have to cleanup the update files to recover 2-3 GIGABYTES of space. The problem is that file cleanup takes an INORDINATE amount of time to address the windows update files. It happens on more...
  9. Problem with over 200 GB of system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with over 200 GB of system files: I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC, I built it a few years ago with Windows 7 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade last year. My hard drive is a modest 500 GB but I recently I noticed I am almost out of room so I went to investigate why. When I used Windows 10 Data Usage tool, I...
  10. Disk Cleanup was supposed to delete files that took over 2.11 GB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup was supposed to delete files that took over 2.11 GB: My free space was at 10.5 GB and after i used the Disk Cleanup it changed only to 10.6 GB. I was wondering since Disk Cleanup supposedly deleted files that took up over 2.11 GB why wouldn't my free space increase to at least 12 GB? I also checked through Disk Cleanup again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is windows update cleanup file

2. windows update cleanup 3 GB